Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,606,630 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by jokershady
ja86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Red Five
AG
jeffk said:

A good clone wars strategy is just to read the episode description and if it says anything about droids or gungans, skip it.
I actually liked the arc where R2 and the squad of droids with the tiny commander infiltrated the Separatist ship and then got marooned on a weird barren planet.
jeffk
AG
It was fine. I watched every episode, but someone was asking for a shorter route.
YouBet
AG
jokershady said:

YouBet said:

Clone Wars turned the corner for me with S2E5.
was that the episode with the big 4-armed Jedi traitor with the 2x dual wielding sabers?

No, it was a clone trooper assault on a massive droid factory on Geonosis.
AliasMan02
AG
Revenge of the Jedi trailer. Blue lightsaber for Luke!

jokershady
AG
For some reason imagining todays YouTube trailer breakdown channels doing a deep dive into this trailer as if they were in the 80s is very comical to me
TCTTS
AG
fig96
AG
That is hilarious, but I also contend that Lucas's true talent is naming stuff. It's seriously hard to come up with sci-fi type character/planet/etc. names that don't sound just totally cliche or just dumb.
redline248
AG
I remember reading sometime after Phantom Menace that he let his kids pick some character names.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
fig96 said:

That is hilarious, but I also contend that Lucas's true talent is naming stuff. It's seriously hard to come up with sci-fi type character/planet/etc. names that don't sound just totally cliche or just dumb.

Iconic names:
Any OT Characters and planets (Skywalker, Solo, Leia, Vader, Tarkin, Yavin, Endor, etc.

Names that kinda suck:
Babu Frik
Crate
General Grievous
General Pryde
Boolio
powerbelly
AG
Babu Frik is a great name and I wont hear otherwise
YouBet
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

fig96 said:

Iconic names:
Any OT Characters and planets (Skywalker, Solo, Leia, Vader, Tarkin, Yavin, Endor, etc.

Names that kinda suck:
Babu Frik
Crate
General Grievous
General Pryde
Boolio

Grogu sucks. Not sure who named him.
Saxsoon
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

fig96 said:

Iconic names:

Names that kinda suck:
Babu Frik
Crate
General Grievous
General Pryde
Boolio
You shut that dirty mouth of yours. In this house we believe Anzellan's names matter
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
jokershady
AG
fig96 said:

That is true. Think about how many planet names there are alone in the Star Wars canon…..I don't think there's a single one that sounds dumb/out of place and that includes the ST as well
ABATTBQ11
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

fig96 said:

Iconic names:

Names that kinda suck:
Babu Frik
Crate
General Grievous
General Pryde
Boolio

How can we possibly forget Starkiller Base?
jokershady
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

fig96 said:

Iconic names:

Names that kinda suck:
Babu Frik
Crate
General Grievous
General Pryde
Boolio

How can we possibly forget Starkiller Base?
But do we give Starkiller a pass since that was Luke's original last name before it was changed to Skywalker?
ABATTBQ11
AG
It was changed for a reason...
jokershady
AG
oh for sure it's a terrible character name....but for the planet and paying homage to some of the first original ideas for star wars i think it should still get a pass.....

way better than calling it something like Star Sucking Devils Anus....yeah i'm not good at naming the things.....
redline248
AG
Wasn't that one in Thor Ragnarok?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
redline248 said:

Wasn't that one in Thor Ragnarok?

I think you're right - but it fits with the mood of the junk planet. I think the wormhole was the devils anus.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Anus? Wait, who's anus?
maroon barchetta
BenTheGoodAg said:

Anus? Wait, who's anus?

The lead guitar player for AC/DC!
BenTheGoodAg
YouBet
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

Anus? Wait, who's anus?

The anus is on you to figure that out.
jokershady
AG
On day 2 of a 6 day trip to Disney world right now….

Still got more to experience in general not just on Batu….but HOLY CRAP Rise of the Resistance was incredible.

No spoilers! If you're planning a trip to DW though and are a fan of Star Wars plan everything around doing this ride!

Blew are dang minds!!!
redline248
AG
jokershady said:

Still got more to experience in general not just on Batu….but HOLY CRAP Rise of the Resistance was incredible.

No spoilers! If you're planning a trip to DW though and are a fan of Star Wars plan everything around doing this ride!

Blew are dang minds!!!
Know how I know you're from Texas?
jokershady
AG
redline248 said:

jokershady said:

Blew are dang minds!!!
Know how I know you're from Texas?
oh everyone here is getting a "Howdy" from me each and every time…

But then again I say it all the time anyway so it comes out naturally…
BoydCrowder13
jokershady said:

Blew are dang minds!!!

Bugs the heck out of me that all the Star Wars stuff has sequel stuff only. Even Star Tours has been reformatted. Any time Finn or Poe show up I get irrationally angry. How much cooler would the Rise ride be with Vader instead of Kylo?

That being said it is still a blast. But it could be so much better if they pulled from the OG content or Mando.
double aught
AG
Mando and Grogu started wandering around a few months ago. I think it's the first instance of something outside the Batuu time period at Galaxy's Edge.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

jokershady said:

Blew are dang minds!!!

Bugs the heck out of me that all the Star Wars stuff has sequel stuff only. Even Star Tours has been reformatted. Any time Finn or Poe show up I get irrationally angry. How much cooler would the Rise ride be with Vader instead of Kylo?

That being said it is still a blast. But it could be so much better if they pulled from the OG content or Mando.

Probably let's you know where they're minds / strategy focus was when they were developing the movies. It seems as though the movies were crafted to feed into the park instead of the park growing organically from a good movie / series. That's not unreasonable to maximize the profits, merchandising, and utility of both; however, it seems to me as though decisions were made to affect the movies based on a long term end of "we want to be able to do this in the new park..."

Also; it's reasonable for Disney to focus the park on the post-Disney ownership content instead of the pre-Disney content. It's definitely misguided pride of ownership but it's also understandable.

Unfortunately they bungled the movies that feed the park and now the park is tainted for some fans.

_________

It'd be the same for a hypothetical Game of Thrones World. I'd be completely giddy over entering the land of "Season 1-6" but would groan at a lot of the content from later seasons... oof!
BoydCrowder13
SpreadsheetAg said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

jokershady said:

Blew are dang minds!!!

Probably let's you know where they're minds / strategy focus was when they were developing the movies. It seems as though the movies were crafted to feed into the park instead of the park growing organically from a good movie / series. That's not unreasonable to maximize the profits, merchandising, and utility of both; however, it seems to me as though decisions were made to affect the movies based on a long term end of "we want to be able to do this in the new park..."

Also; it's reasonable for Disney to focus the park on the post-Disney ownership content instead of the pre-Disney content. It's definitely misguided pride of ownership but it's also understandable.

Unfortunately they bungled the movies that feed the park and now the park is tainted for some fans.

_________

It'd be the same for a hypothetical Game of Thrones World. I'd be completely giddy over entering the land of "Season 1-6" but would groan at a lot of the content from later seasons... oof!

Excellent comparison. Would be like heading to King's Landing land with a ride involving King Bran.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Flashdiaz
AG

Mark is such a good relatable guy.

hate that Luke was wasted in the Last Jedi... Riann Johnson should only be allowed to direct Caillou cartoon episodes.
jokershady
AG
Found Mando and Grogu at Batu!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!

total luck!

wangus12
AG
Have we heard anything from Porkchop recently? Dude's been gone for like 2 months
First Page Last Page
Page 1205 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.