Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,606,765 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by jokershady
BenTheGoodAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh yes. So funny!

I'm sure when I show my kids someday, they will be very confused.
ChipFTAC01
AG
TCTTS said:

Those killed me back in the day. A group of friends and I still say "Porkchop sandwiches!"

I still hear "Who wants a body massage?" From time to time.
TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"You not COOKING?"

"Yeah dood."

My friend and I used to quote that to each other all the time in high school. (From the pork chop sandwiches video.)
DTP02
AG
I was driving in CS this weekend and saw a license plate that read "12 PRSCS" on it. Being in Aggieland, with a 12 at the front, I was trying to figure out what PRSCS meant in the Aggie context.

Then I saw the license plate holder that said something about Wookies on it, and it clicked.

Then I thought: I bet that guy, in the midwestern gender neutral sense because I couldn't see the driver, is probably a frequent poster on that monster thread on the TexAgs entertainment board.

Sorry for tailgating, I was just trying to read your license plate holder.
maroon barchetta
Pics or it didn't happen, sleemo.
YouBet
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

That username still reminds me of this every time I see it:

From the glory days of the internet. So random. So funny.
bluefire579
AG
https://wdwnt.com/2023/05/breaking-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-closing-permanently-in-september/

Galactic Starcruiser already getting the axe
wangus12
AG
wangus12
AG
Man I really wanted to do it but just never had time to get out there.

Some friends who are big into cosplay did it and absolutely loved it
Saxsoon
AG
I am wondering if there is an opportunity of using that area in the future. Do the elevator bit that they have at Space 220 and turn that into a big themed area
TXAG 05
AG
Saxsoon said:

I am wondering if there is an opportunity of using that area in the future. Do the elevator bit that they have at Space 220 and turn that into a big themed area

I'm sure they will come up with something to recycle it as something else, doubt they bulldoze it with all the money they put into it.
wangus12
AG
Saxsoon
AG
I can definitely see it becoming an event center for Dvc and annual pass holders and selling "day passes" of sorts for more limited time events to manage costs
Belton Ag
AG
The pricing for that thing was completely ridiculous. It might work as a much scaled down version but I'm surprised it lasted that long. Just a massive failure in market research.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's almost like charging absurd prices as if it were a luxury hotel was a bad idea.

This was doomed from the start.

Get rid of the storyline and just strip it down to a Star Wars themed hotel, and charge regular Disney prices, and it'll be just fine.
YouBet
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Saxsoon said:

I'm sure they will come up with something to recycle it as something else, doubt they bulldoze it with all the money they put into it.

I think you are onto something....they could turn it into the Death Star Trash Compactor. You get thrown into it with three other random people and you have to figure out how to not die as the walls close in on you.

Basically a Star Wars themed Escape Room.
AliasMan02
AG
Other then the rooms being small "cabins" I've heard nothing but awesome things about the service, cast, food, experience, etc.

Sucks I won't get to go.
maroon barchetta
YouBet said:

TXAG 05 said:

Saxsoon said:

I think you are onto something....they could turn it into the Death Star Trash Compactor. You get thrown into it with three other random people and you have to figure out how to not die as the walls close in on you.

Belton Ag
AG
YouBet said:

TXAG 05 said:

Saxsoon said:

Make sure Captain Phasma is in there when you're thrown in there.
TCTTS
AG
OnlyForNow
tamusc
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Other then the rooms being small "cabins" I've heard nothing but awesome things about the service, cast, food, experience, etc.

Sucks I won't get to go.
It was a genuinely awesome experience. Even ran into another TexAger and his family during our stay last May.

The problem is that it was viewed more as a hotel rather than a three day, fully immersive experience. It was like being on Rise of the Resistance for three days and you got to be a much more active participant.
tamusc
AG
Here's what I posted last May after going to Galactic Starcruiser.
tamusc
AG
tamusc said:

LoneStarAg2004 said:

My family and I checked in to Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser today! So far, it's incredible!

I think my wife and I ran into you and your family waiting for the transport back to the Starcruiser from Galaxy's Edge on Tuesday!

We both had a blast as well. My wife has seen all the movies and, while she likes Star Wars, isn't a super fan or anything like that yet she still had a blast. I've watched every bit of Star Wars content there is, have read 20+ books (as well as some of the comics), have played just about every video game and thought it was amazing! The way Disney has everything set up so that a casual fan can have fun, but sprinkles in enough details and backstory to keep a Star Wars nerd like me really engaged and entertained is impressive.

Honestly, going in I was a bit nervous because while I am a huge fan, I've never been one that's been into cosplay or role playing other than some Halloween costumes and video games. I was afraid I'd get caught up in the awkwardness of being surrounded by people who were WAY more into it than I was and wouldn't be able to let go and have fun. From the very beginning though, the entire experience is just so well designed/executed that my wife and I both couldn't help but to have fun and enjoy ourselves. I ended up completing what were essentially the scoundrel and Resistance storylines while my wife ended up going full dark side and completed the First Order storyline.

Throughout the entire experience, we were continually blown away by the design, attention to detail, and the engineering behind everything. All of that is amplified by training/talent of the staff/cast, who were almost universally excellent. Everyone on the ship had a fun backstory and never broke character and that was mostly carried over to Galaxy's edge. We did both rides, the cantina, built droids, and built lightsabers. The two standouts in the park were of course Rise of the Resistance and Savi's Workshop, where the experience of building a lightsaber is just so perfectly dialed in.

I strongly recommended Galactic Starcruiser to any Star Wars fan who has the means and is able to play along and have fun. That being said, someone that goes into it thinking it's anything other than essentially an active, three day ride and isn't willing to participate will probably think it's an incredible ripoff.

Side note - we surprised my nieces and parents at Magic Kingdom the day before and my mom screamed so loud when she realized we were there (we snuck up and photobombed them while they were taking a picture in front of the castle) that I was afraid someone would call security, lol. I was supposed to be in San Francisco at a work conference to present a paper on Sunday afternoon (had one of my fellows do it, good exposure for them) and my wife and I had them convinced we were there. It was a fun way to start the trip and something my parents and nieces will never forget.

I also want to say that my wife planned and executed all of this flawlessly as a birthday present for me and I acknowledge how incredibly lucky I am.

Here's what I posted last May after going to Galactic Starcruiser.
maroon barchetta

Saxsoon
fig96
AG
Your fascinating read for the day…

Madmarttigan
AG
Finished clone wars Ashoka essentials, watched all of rebels and now watching bad batch.

If I get in the mood is there a good place to start clone wars that cuts out some of the bad beginning part and watch most of the good stuff?
jokershady
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Finished clone wars Ashoka essentials, watched all of rebels and now watching bad batch.

If I get in the mood is there a good place to start clone wars that cuts out some of the bad beginning part and watch most of the good stuff?
there's A LOT of clone wars that's good. Just start at the beginning and pace yourself
cbr
AG
Madmarttigan said:

There were certainly some fillers and there are "top25" lists. But honestly I thought clone wars was much, much better across the board than rebels, most of which I didn't really care for. Bad batch is sort of in between, imo. If you liked these I'd go ahead and watch clone wars.
YouBet
AG
Clone Wars turned the corner for me with S2E5.
jokershady
AG
YouBet said:

Clone Wars turned the corner for me with S2E5.
was that the episode with the big 4-armed Jedi traitor with the 2x dual wielding sabers?
jeffk
AG
A good clone wars strategy is just to read the episode description and if it says anything about droids or gungans, skip it.
maroon barchetta

First Page Last Page
Page 1204 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.