Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,609,895 Views | 45381 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jokershady
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I could be wrong, but I think he's simply taking the footage that aired and is editing/manipulating it, on his own dime/time.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I'm really confused by the trailer. Oh well.
Life is better with a beagle
Saxsoon
AG
jokershady said:

there's a fan edit of Kenobi coming out?

this might be pretty cool!

good lord
AAggie
jokershady said:

there's a fan edit of Kenobi coming out?

this might be pretty cool!

Egghead was one of my major complaints of that series.. they had the costume sets for Pau'ans.
AliasMan02
AG
The lightning illuminating the background during the Vader-Kenobi fight is really incredible.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wooooooo!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
maroon barchetta
Take that, Vladmir Palputine!!!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Boyega's agent probably told him, they might make you a JEdi in one of those 3 new movies, so start walking back your critique, dum dum
AliasMan02
AG
I'm nearing the end of Fallen Star, one of the High Republic novels. They've done a great job with this project and as it's gone on they've tightened it up more and more.

I've said this before, but they DO NOT mess around. It's GoT style in that nobody is safe, stakes are huge, and the villain is legitimately scary and a match for the Jedi.

There is a LOT of material but even if you just read the main novels you'd be fine to follow the story. I recommend it.
PatAg
AG
I'll say this, he is right about lost opportunities with his character. Unfortunately, he wasn't the only lost opportunity lol
The Collective
AG
Boyega just winning the revolution by focusing on not fighting what he hates, but instead, saving what he loves.
jokershady
AG
The Collective said:

Boyega just winning the revolution by focusing on not fighting what he hates, but instead, saving what he loves.
The Porkchop Express
AG
The Collective said:

He better like Star Wars, about 10,000 people a day see him on RIse of the Resistance.

The Porkchop Express
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I'm nearing the end of Fallen Star, one of the High Republic novels. They've done a great job with this project and as it's gone on they've tightened it up more and more.

I've said this before, but they DO NOT mess around. It's GoT style in that nobody is safe, stakes are huge, and the villain is legitimately scary and a match for the Jedi.

There is a LOT of material but even if you just read the main novels you'd be fine to follow the story. I recommend it.
I just started Fallen Star. I read them so sproradically that I have to go back and think who is who, but they are really impressive novels.
AliasMan02
AG
There are so many characters and Jedi tend to kinda run together so I do reference Wookieepedia even just for pics of the characters.

I kinda wish I was reading a physical book so I could reference things more easily, but I'm doing Audible. Sitting with the art companion would be fun.
TXAG 05
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wooooooo!

Who cares? He shouldn't feel that bad, they didn't have a plan for the entire trilogy, let alone just his character.
AliasMan02
AG
Dude was told he was the new star of the Star Wars franchise. He may not always handle it well, but he really got shafted.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TXAG 05 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wooooooo!

Who cares? He shouldn't feel that bad, they didn't have a plan for the entire trilogy, let alone just his character.

Oh no doubt. I don't hate the sequels entirely; TFA was fun if not a rehash of ANH. TLJ had some good moments but I DID NOT like many of the decisions made with characters and plots (don't get me started). TROS was an attempt to land it all cohesively, but not great...

I'm a big Star Wars fan; but I can see the multitude of mistakes and poor strategy taken on the sequels - everyone can.

Boyega was give a script and followed it. I am actually disappointed for him because his character got jerked around so much. Be a deserter, your background is a sanitation trooper, now fight with a lightsaber, now quit on the resistance, now attempt suicide, now kind of be infatuated with Rey, now be buddy-cops with Poe and snarkily question everything he does, say Wooo about 25 times, oh and you're probably force sensitive...
jokershady
AG
And also yell, "REY!!!!!!!" in each film
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can see both sides on this one. Boyega had every right to be disappointed with where his character went, which was nowhere. Really, most of that blame falls on The Last Jedi in my opinion, but even in TROS there was so much more he could have done, like lead a stormtrooper uprising, even if not as a force user.

That said, I also think it's kind of a bad look to complain this publicly about your role in one of the biggest media franchises in the world. You were literally plucked from virtual obscurity and given the opportunity of a lifetime. I doubt there were ever any specific promises made to him about the future of his character.

It just comes off a little ungrateful and entitled, imho. I think there are better ways to air out your grievances, maybe a little less spiteful, and without playing the race card.
double aught
AG
The big question is: Why does Boyega have an American accent in the movies, but Daisy Ridley doesn't?
The Porkchop Express
AG
At least Finn got to get off the ship in The Last Jedi. Poe could have worn his pajamas for 95% of the movie.
Rex Racer
AG
double aught said:

The big question is: Why does Boyega have an American accent in the movies, but Daisy Ridley doesn't?
The same reason Princess Leia had sort of a British accent in her first scene with Tarkin in Star Wars but then in the rest of the movie she didn't.
twilly
AG
Boyega may be disillusioned with Star Wars now, but he'll end up signing photos at weekend conventions for $150/pop one of these days.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
The Porkchop Express
AG
twilly said:

Boyega may be disillusioned with Star Wars now, but he'll end up signing photos at weekend conventions for $150/pop one of these days.
John Boyega circa 2035.

jokershady
AG
double aught said:

oh he addressed this himself....40 seconds in

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For further irony, Imperials always have British accents, and for the most part Jedi do not. (Except Obi-Wan.)
cbr
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I can see both sides on this one. Boyega had every right to be disappointed with where his character went, which was nowhere. Really, most of that blame falls on The Last Jedi in my opinion, but even in TROS there was so much more he could have done, like lead a stormtrooper uprising, even if not as a force user.

That said, I also think it's kind of a bad look to complain this publicly about your role in one of the biggest media franchises in the world. You were literally plucked from virtual obscurity and given the opportunity of a lifetime. I doubt there were ever any specific promises made to him about the future of his character.

It just comes off a little ungrateful and entitled, imho. I think there are better ways to air out your grievances, maybe a little less spiteful, and without playing the race card.

fantastic idea for a SW character: former stormtrooper with a conscience! Great!

every single thing about his character: UTTER ABSOLUTE INSULTINGLY UNWATCHABLE STORY LINES, AND DELIVERY.... just pure garbage. actually worse than ****ing jar jar binx.

some of that is on him, but not much.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Tell us how you really feel about Finn.

TXAG 05
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Tell us how you really feel about Finn.

CBR doesn't like anything.
redline248
AG
Quote:

actually worse than ****ing jar jar binx
whoa, come on now. Don't go full Simple Jack
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rose is cringier than Jar Jar.

There, I said it.
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rose is cringier than Jar Jar.

There, I said it.
First Page Last Page
Page 1186 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.