Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,610,427 Views | 45382 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by YouBet
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

maroon barchetta said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

Watchmen earned Lindelof a lot of cred in my book.

Which he needed, because Star Trek Into Darkness was terrible.

So… we'll see

Loved Into Darkness

Me too… Cumberbatch was awesome, Pine was great, and Spock-actor did great too… it was fun, pretty brutal, had a good twist or 3, … really enjoyed that one.

Didn't care for Beyond that much…

But this is a Star Wars thread
maroon barchetta
fig96
AG
Totally with you on this one, and need to watch The Leftovers actually.

And I'll say it again, Yayha Abdul-Mateen must have the best agent in Hollywood.
TCTTS
AG
fig96 said:

Totally with you on this one, and need to watch The Leftovees actually.

And I'll say it again, Yayha Abdul-Mateen must have the best agent in Hollywood.

Just a heads up... the first season of The Leftovers is one of the most depressing seasons of television ever. Not due to any one thing or, like, babies dying or anything like that. It's just *very* serious and heavy and bleak. It's incredible television, but can be a beating at times, though not at all in a bad way. It's tough to explain, but you'll see what I mean.

That said, Lindelof has straight up admitted that he was in a bad headspace for the first season, and knew he had to change things up going forward, so they (organically) retooled for seasons two and three, moved the setting, and it truly became some of the best television I've ever seen. Like, really profound stuff that's still serious and heavy but also more lively and even playful at times. That, and the season finale is one of my all-time favorites. It's so damn good, and really satisfying in such a unique way.
The Porkchop Express
AG
YouBet said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

maroon barchetta said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

Watchmen earned Lindelof a lot of cred in my book.

Which he needed, because Star Trek Into Darkness was terrible.

So… we'll see

Loved Into Darkness

Me too… Cumberbatch was awesome, Pine was great, and Spock-actor did great too… it was fun, pretty brutal, had a good twist or 3, … really enjoyed that one.

Didn't care for Beyond that much…

But this is a Star Wars thread

Life is better with a beagle
fig96
AG
Noted, thanks.

As a side note, it's super interesting to see the creator reflected in the show like that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Just finished the two-parter Twilight of the Apprentice on my Rebels rewatch. It's so friggin good, man. A top tier Vader appearance and I'm not sure he ever had a moment with bigger emotional impact than when he called out to Ashoka in Anakin's voice. So so so so good.
The Porkchop Express
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Just finished the two-parter Twilight of the Apprentice on my Rebels rewatch. It's so friggin good, man. A top tier Vader appearance and I'm not sure he ever had a moment with bigger emotional impact than when he called out to Ashoka in Anakin's voice. So so so so good.
The music for the shot of them standing there staring at each other and the enormous difference in height is some top notch animation.
ABATTBQ11
AG
This is the first light saber I want
The Porkchop Express
AG
Cool preview of Anakin and Yoda in action together from Yoda #8

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Misleading headline - this is PRIOR to the movie premiering - but still fun to see.
maroon barchetta
Oh no!

$5.50 per ticket in Los Angeles!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is apropos of nothing, but it wasn't till I moved to the east coast that I realized not every movie theater sells pickles.
TCTTS
AG
The smell of pickles alone is enough to warrant banning them from theaters worldwide.
The Porkchop Express
AG
It was "only" in theaters from May 23to August 15 - 13 weeks, and only in 126 theaters the first 3 weekends, then up to 800+_, then peaking at 1,208 its last week in the theater.

It was re-released the next summer for three weeks in even more theaters, peeking at 1,382 in the first week of August 1981. It made an additional $13 million over 3 weeks then.

They brought it out again for the holiday season of 1982 to get people hyped up for Jedi. It made another $10 million then.

WHen the special edition was released on my 23rd birthday in 1997, it made $27 million in 2,111 theaters,
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
In Houston, TESB opened on 2 screens - Westchase and the Alabama theater. I schemed to get us to the area around Westchase to "see how long the line was" knowing full well my dad would take us to see it. I was a nervous wreck as we were about 2-3 groups of people from the ticket office thinking they would put up a Sold Out sign any moment. Thankfully that didn't happen, and I saw it the first Saturday after it opened.

It was not until early June when Empire arrived at my home town theater in Lake Jackson, and I promptly went daily . Tickets were a whopping $2.25 for that one, but I did enough around the house to earn money to blow at the theater.
maroon barchetta
Lake 1 and 2?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
That would be the one. It's now an Italian restaurant I believe.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Damon Lindelof finally confirms he's doing a Star Wars movie with impressive hubris.

"I will just say, that for reasons that I can't get into on this Sunday morning, on this day, the degree of difficulty is extremely, extremely, extremely high. If it can't be great, it shouldn't exist. That's all I'll say, because I have the same association with it as you do, which is, it's the first movie I saw sitting in my dad's lap, four years old, May of '77. I think it's possible that sometimes when you hold something in such high reverence and esteem, you start to get in the kitchen and you just go, 'Maybe I shouldn't be cooking. Maybe I should just be eating.' We'll just leave it at that point."
ABATTBQ11
AG
I guess this belongs here...

The Porkchop Express
AG
MakingStarWars.net has some cool Ahsoka rumors/news that I will put in spoilers. The closer we get to this series, the more some of you need to step up and watch Rebels or at least the YouTube synopsis of it.

Tiny url activated to eliminate accidental spoilers: *******.com/2p98cw5u

Sabine Wren still has Ezra's green lightsaber she gave him in the series finale of Rebels and has learned to fight with it much as she did with the Darksaber.

Ezra himself, played by Eman Esfandi, hasn't been able to find a kyber crystal wherever he and Thrawn wound up, and fights with a Teras Kasi-esque Force-enhanced martial arts style. Ezra also does some sort of Force Hadoken move from Street Fighter at some point

AliasMan02
AG
Story trailer for Jedi Survivor just dropped

Saxsoon
AG
**** yea CORUSCANT!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Everything Everywhere All At Once directors, Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert, commonly referred to as "The Daniels", are rumored to be directing an episode of Skeleton Crew, according to sources over at One Take News. When asked about the rumor, Lucasfilm declined to comment. A representative of The Daniels did not immediately respond for comment.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm adopting the TCTTS approach to these Star Wars movie director/producer things. I'll believe it when I see it (e.g. a trailer). So many supposed projects just never get off the ground.
TCTTS
AG
Like clockwork…

TCTTS
AG
On one hand, writers are replaced/rewritten on blockbusters all the time. That said, those writers aren't often the caliber of Damon Lindelof. Reading the tea leaves, perhaps Lucasfilm wanted something different than what was delivered and Lindelof wasn't game to go through the rewrites to give it to them? Who knows? Regardless, it still sounds like the movie is on track and set to be announced next month.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To the surprise of no one, another Star Wars movie falls apart.
ABATTBQ11
AG
LOL
AliasMan02
AG
RIGHT before Celebration?
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, but according to the article they've already found another writer and the project will still be announced at Celebration.
Saxsoon
AG
Somehow, the writers left
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Saxsoon said:

Somehow, the writers left
What you did there, see it I do.
First Page Last Page
Page 1183 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.