Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,260,898 Views | 44910 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by redline248
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
An extremely bad-ass poster for animation!

All six episodes drop the same day as Andor's 8th episode on 10/26.

Ashley Eckstein returns to voice Ahsoka, with the former Jedi's episodes also including the period of time before she joined the Jedi Order. Additionally, Liam Neeson is back as the voice of Qui-Gon Jinn in his later years, with his son providing the voice of young Qui-Gon. Janina Gavankar, who voiced Iden Versio in Star Wars: Battlefront II and also had a small cameo in The Mandalorian season 2, is playing the role of Ahsoka's mother. Matt Lanter is back as the voice of Anakin Skywalker too. And we will, at one point, see Ahsoka's encounter with the Sixth Brother, an Inquisitor we met in 2016's Ahsoka novel.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
jeffk
AG
Really excited about this one.
redline248
AG
jeffk said:

Really excited about this one.
There is a real lack of jedi stories, for my taste. This will begin to set things right.
The Porkchop Express

Everything below is potential casting news for Ahsoka, so I'm spoilering it all so nobody needs a diaper change.

The Bespin Bulletin has become my go-to for SW news lately. They seem to have the best scoops. They also seem to have the pulse on the casting for Ahsoka. The latest is that.

Eman Esfandi has been cast as the grown-up Ezra Bridger from Rebels, who disappeared along with Thrawn into the Unknown Regions in the series finale. He was 19 in 0 BBY so would around the same age as Luke / Leia in whatever time period the show takes, presumably focusing around that 9-10 ABY era. The website says he's been rocking a beard/goatee for the last several months and that will be his look in the show.

Ewan McGregor's wife Mary Winstead is supposedly playing Hera Syndulla, the Twilek pilot of the Ghost and mother of Jacen Syndulla. Not sure if he shows up or not. He would roughly be a youngish teenager in 9-10 ABY.

Third rumor is that Thrawn has some different species as stormtroopers with him, including Zabraks. This falls right in line with some EU stuff where he opened up the corps to other races.

And the final rumor is another strong indication that Lars Mikkelsen will follow Katee Sackhoff moving from voice actor to live-action actor and is really playing Thrawn. It lines up pretty well since his brother played Galen Erso in Rogue One.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

An extremely bad-ass poster for animation!

All six episodes drop the same day as Andor's 8th episode on 10/26.

Ashley Eckstein returns to voice Ahsoka, with the former Jedi's episodes also including the period of time before she joined the Jedi Order. Additionally, Liam Neeson is back as the voice of Qui-Gon Jinn in his later years, with his son providing the voice of young Qui-Gon. Janina Gavankar, who voiced Iden Versio in Star Wars: Battlefront II and also had a small cameo in The Mandalorian season 2, is playing the role of Ahsoka's mother. Matt Lanter is back as the voice of Anakin Skywalker too. And we will, at one point, see Ahsoka's encounter with the Sixth Brother, an Inquisitor we met in 2016's Ahsoka novel.
im withholding judgment….cause it could still be good…..

But they released the episode lengths for all 6 and I'm a little disappointed….not a single episode over 20 minutes in length and there's one that's 10 minutes long.

Kind of a bummer…..BUT…..could still be good we'll see
redline248
AG
lol. Lord McVader
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

This puts that Sarge in Andor in a different light, as he basically has the accent Robin is doing.
jokershady
AG
I really needed that laugh this morning thank you for sharing that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That is fan-freaking-tastic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Would be 66 today. Easy to forget how young she died.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Would be 66 today. Easy to forget how young she died.
It busts me up every time I remember she's gone. I'm going to be miserable when Mark Hamill dies.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Crap; that was in the bottom 3 of marvel movies
redline248
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

TCTTS said:

Ms Marvel, the show, not Captain Marvel.
Saxsoon
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

TCTTS said:

While Kamala was incredible the show was a mess. The "enemy" group made no ****ing sense
Aggie_Journalist
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Why can't Lindelof pair up with whoever he did Watchman with? That's the level of storytelling I want to see Star Wars bring to the table.
Thanks and gig'em
PatAg
AG
Her credits are directing 2 episodes of Ms Marvel and sompe documentaries and shorts...... not great
YNWA_AG
AG

TCTTS
AG
I'd actually be super stoked to have Lindelof kick-off/lead the post-Rise of Skywalker era. Like others, though, it's the director who keeps me from getting too excited. Ms. Marvel was a lot of fun, but it was also kind of spazzy, and looked so cheap and digital at times. Hopefully this at least has more of a cinematic aesthetic...
PatAg
AG
Feel like they should just let those storylines and characters die, and tell new ones
TCTTS
AG
Sounds like a new storyline to me. And based on the wording, I get the impression that any sequel trilogy characters who might appear won't be the focal point. In other words, this feels like basically a whole new thing, with only minor connective tissue to what's come before, if only for contextual continuity purposes.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Sounds like a new storyline to me. And based on the wording, I get the impression that any sequel trilogy characters who might appear won't be the focal point. In other words, this feels like basically a whole new thing, with only minor connective tissue to what's come before, if only for contextual continuity purposes.
Which I think is smart honestly
redline248
AG
I know a lot of people enjoy movies without Jedi, if not outright dislike them, but that's still Star Wars, for me.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

So you read it more as its just set after the events of the movie, but not necessarily an extension of it. I'm not against continuing their stories, I just want them to be good storiees
PatAg
AG
redline248 said:

I know a lot of people enjoy movies without Jedi, if not outright dislike them, but that's still Star Wars, for me.
You can absolutely make quality movies and still include the force and jedi and sith an all of that jazz.
jeffk
AG
Pretty sure it's called jizz, not jazz.
Saxsoon
AG

The Porkchop Express
Saxsoon said:

What a cool gift for BDH, who has directed three of my favorite eps of D+ stuff - Sanctuary from Mando Season 1, The Heiress from Season 2, and Return of the Mandalorian from BOBF.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
BenTheGoodAg
AG
jeffk said:

Pretty sure it's called jizz, not jazz.
I feel like the cantina scene would be very different
twilly
AG
Just finished the Tales of the Jedi shorts. Filoni at his best once again.
jeffk
AG
One of the funniest threads I've ever read on Twitter.

It's cannon, lol.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/a-brief-history-of-star-wars-and-jizz
jeffk
AG
twilly said:

Just finished the Tales of the Jedi shorts. Filoni at his best once again.

Watched them while doing some grading/writing today too. Really nice little stories. Sort of a Clone Wars addendum.
First Page Last Page
Page 1154 of 1284

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.