Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,639,934 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TCTTS
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Here's my pitch deck idea.

Is this you?
Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

Getting warmer...

A force sensitive droid.

I'd like a Tarantino take on triple zero.
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Here's my pitch deck idea.

Is this you?

I'm not quite that athletic.
Life is better with a beagle
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

Getting warmer...
human who is going to die because of X reasons gets experimented on (using cloning and mechanical parts to become a cyborg) in order to stay alive....and from those experiments gets mediclorians inserted into it's body and becomes evil.....so memory gets erased and believes it's human when it's really a dark side cyborg
TCTTS
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

TCTTS said:

Getting warmer...

A force sensitive droid.

The Star Wars version of Pinocchio.

But what if, instead of a "real boy"... a droid wanted to be a Jedi? And what if, against all odds, that droid somehow eventually proved to be Force sensitive, despite the Jedi, save for one ostracized believer, thinking it was impossible? Droids, after all, have no blood, thus no midi-chlorians, thus they CAN'T become Jedi. Droids aren't alive. Which becomes the crux the entire movie is built on. However, in their rigid views, the Force, these Jedi might very well discover, works in mysterious ways...
TCTTS
AG
I have a lot more of this figured out, I just don't know if I'm ready to share on a public message board. Maybe it doesn't matter, though.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Who wants to break his heart and post the link to Skippy the Jedi Droid?
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I'm not too worried about some random, obscure, eight-page comic that basically amounts to a parody.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Spoken like the true anti- comic, cartoon, and EU snob you are!
jokershady
AG
bad news for the KOTOR fans out there.....turns out the demo didn't go down well and peeps were fired and it's been indefinitely delayed....

Duncan Idaho
The twist is that it is the origin story for "Broom Boy"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gonna riff on that idea a bit:

A story about a human-looking droid that's been trained as a warrior its whole life to hunt down Jedi. (Think General Grievous except it's got humanoid limbs and a fully human head.)

The backstory of our character slowly unravels to reveal that his entire family was killed by the Sith when he was a kid, and he was left for dead. One of the Sith took pity on him, took him in, wipes his memory, and gave him his bionic body.

It's a noir, pulpy detective movie where on one of his missions, he encounters someone who recognizes him and leads him to start questioning his past.

Think Blade Runner 2049 meets Star Wars.

When he learns the full truth, he decides he wants to take revenge on those who wronged him in his past, and now we go full John Wick. But he struggles with the decision of killing the man who mentored and trained him his entire life, who also grew to love him as a son.

Right at the end, he realizes revenge is not the way, and he decides he wants to dedicate his life to helping others avoid a similar fate. He also decides to take in a baby creature who was left helpless when its family was collateral in the final fight of the movie.

It's green and has pointy ears.

We now have a Yoda origin movie.
bluefire579
AG
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-26/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-game-paused-amid-studio-shakeup

Original report for those who prefer reading over a video. Something in particular that stood out to me:
Quote:

Aspyr's studio heads told staff that the vertical slice wasn't where they wanted it to be and that the project would be paused, according to two people who were in the meeting. One person familiar with the discussions suggested that a disproportionate amount of time and money had gone into the demo and that the project's current course wasn't sustainable.
Games like this are not done quickly, and the fact that they were still working on a vertical slice with the game expected to be released in 2023 is a horrible sign. If you were doing a port instead of a complete remake, then yeah, but it's clear they were in over their head here, which wouldn't surprise me. Aspyr has pretty much only done ports, this is their first current gen attempt, and based on both my experience with screening with them and from what my recruiter friend tells me, they pay well below market rate (even for Austin), so they're probably not bringing in top talent in a competitive industry.

I will say good on LucasArts, though, for making this call. I worked on a game where a disproportionate amount of time and money were spent on a demo looking to gain extra time, and it did the opposite and made the publisher double down on the timeframe due to the quality of the demo and the excitement it generated.
The Porkchop Express
AG
They effed up the sequel (The Sith Lords) back in the day and it took a fan restoration project that spanned like 8 years to make the thing even intelligible.

Would rather have them go back to the drawing board then screw up the greatest SW game ever in a remake with today's talent and tech
bluefire579
AG
Are you referring to the ports (which were done by Aspyr) or the overall product, which was done by Obsidian on a super tight timeline?

Funnily enough, Aspyr did do the recently released Switch port, which until a patch in the past week or so, could not be finished because of a bug. So not a good summer for them right now.
The Porkchop Express
AG
This

https://starwarsfans.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sith_Lords_Restoration_Project
bluefire579
AG
Ah, yeah, that was LucasArts getting greedy with timelines after the success of the first one. Which is a shame, because Obsidian is a great developer.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Duncan Idaho said:

TCTTS said:

Getting warmer...

A force sensitive droid.

But what if, instead of a "real boy"... a droid wanted to be a Jedi? And what if, against all odds, that droid somehow eventually proved to be Force sensitive, despite the Jedi, save for one ostracized believer, thinking it was impossible? Droids, after all, have no blood, thus no midi-chlorians, thus they CAN'T become Jedi. Droids aren't alive. Which becomes the crux the entire movie is built on. However, in their rigid views, the Force, these Jedi might very well discover, works in mysterious ways...

What if said droid was miffed that he was shunned by the Jedi and let the hate flow through it, becoming Darth-2D2
SpreadsheetAg
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

They effed up the sequel (The Sith Lords) back in the day and it took a fan restoration project that spanned like 8 years to make the thing even intelligible.

Would rather have them go back to the drawing board then screw up the greatest SW game ever in a remake with today's talent and tech

Fact: the greatest Star Wars game ever was Rebellion on PC... I still crank it up on Steam from time to time even 25 years later...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/441550/STAR_WARS_Rebellion/
redline248
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Fact: the greatest Star Wars game ever was Rebellion on PC... I still crank it up on Steam from time to time even 25 years later...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/441550/STAR_WARS_Rebellion/
LOL at this open. Duh they found it...

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Game has one of the best "bugs" to exploit... capture a enemy hero, put them on a transport and hop them from one side of the galaxy to the other continuously so they can't escape while in hyperspace (pre JJ and RJ anyways)
Chipotlemonger
AG
Damn.

To this day, I think KOTOR is the strongest Star Wars story outside of the OT.
PatAg
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Damn.

To this day, I think KOTOR is the strongest Star Wars story outside of the OT.
That and the MMORPG, SW:The Old Republic had great story telling.
TCTTS
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

TCTTS said:

Duncan Idaho said:

TCTTS said:

Getting warmer...

A force sensitive droid.

What if said droid was miffed that he was shunned by the Jedi and let the hate flow through it, becoming Darth-2D2

In based the title alone. Star Wars: Darth-2D2
TCTTS
AG
And then in the sequel he has to face off against his old mentor… Sith-3PO.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Darth-2D2 vs Sith-3PO

This is how you TexAgs Star Wars nerd it out!
TCTTS
AG
Just finished the first episode/created a thread for the new Light & Magic docuseries about ILM on Disney+, and you guys are going to absolutely flip for it...

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3304356
fig96
AG
Watching tonight, can't wait.
YNWA_AG
AG

Delayed to 9/21
jokershady
AG
my smile watcing that trailer just kept getting bigger.....and bigger.....and BIGGER

screw it im all in on this. Rogue One is still my all time favorite star wars movie and this looks like it should straight up be a prequel movie to that.....so dang awesome!!!

hell delaying it until 9/21 just helps me get through a few more marvel stuff on top of the 2 new marvel stuffs coming out in august....
The Collective
AG
Holy **** - inject it into my veins!
maroon man
S
LOOKS AMAZING AS HELL

fig96
AG
So I was ready for more of a seedy underbelly of Coruscant vibe but holy crap so in.
Decay
AG
fig96 said:

So I was ready for more of a seedy underbelly of Coruscant vibe but holy crap so in.
Man I'm glad they didn't. The whole bar was practically a 10-year-old's version of "seedy". A dude hocking "death sticks" in a polite, well-lit bar. That's obviously where Senator's kids would go hang out where they thought they were being rebellious but were actually just a couple thousand feet below their crazy nice apartments.
redline248
AG
I am excited
First Page Last Page
Page 1136 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.