Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,640,092 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Collective said:

Ok, so on a thread where adults discuss Star Wars and dissect it over and over again, we are ready to draw the line at adults discuss theme park rides?
This makes it especially rich. The hard line at theme parks makes me laugh.
redline248
AG
Those who say "at at" are probably the same people who put an s at the end of RBI
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Forget the adults-discussing-theme-parks thing. That's not the part I find annoying. Rather, it's that the vast majority of people reading this thread don't go to these parks or ride these rides. It's only a handful of people who do, and every so often it can get annoying when, for like a day or two, the conversation is completely dominated by nothing but theme park talk from five people, having essentially the same conversation they had two months ago. That's ALL I'm saying, and it doesn't seem like a big ask to maybe start a theme park thread for all Disneyland/Disney World discussion, since people inventively start talking about all the other rides, and their park experiences as a whole. But clearly I'm in the minority, so whatever. Go for it. Just don't get all in a huff when people mention, from time to time, that they find it annoying.
Seeing 25 new posts and excitedly thinking news broke or a trailer just dropped, only to discover grownups arguing about theme park ride discussions, who has been to a theme park, who is allowed to talk about theme parks, what constitutes a theme park, being disappointed in threads about theme parks, considering forming a sub-committee to pursue the validity of a theme-park-only thread, wondering (but also knowing) if I'm one of the "same five people" being referred to when it comes to theme parks, and ultimately talking about theme park rides, might actually be more disappointing than discovering it's all just a ridiculous political argument.
Life is better with a beagle
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
See, now you know how I feel when I ask for a separate leaks thread and get my head torn off.
heddleston
AG
People who say "aytee aytee" probably pronounce gif like its a brand of peanut butter.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
heddleston said:

People who say "aytee aytee" probably pronounce gif like its a brand of peanut butter.
Both of those are the correct pronunciations though. (The creator of the gif prounounces it jif.)
redline248
AG
You mean the way the creator intended?
heddleston
AG
heddleston
AG
But the creator of Star Wars also made Han shoot first. So im not gonna hold that logic up. Plus that pronounciation was already taken by the peanut butter. its gotta get its own.
Decay
AG
I mean it's a piece of equipment. It probably has an official pronunciation and slang depending on who is talking about it. Maybe the rebels say "@@" because it's easier but the imperials call it a more proper name "AT-AT".
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There, their.
heddleston
AG
AND DO YOU SEE WHERE THAT GOT US? GRAMMAR NAZIS EVERYWHERE!!!!
TCTTS
AG
JFC.

May I never desecrate the sacred theme park discussion again! All glory be to thee, Walt Disney!

Forgive me!
Decay
AG
And another thing.

This is only one war, and lots of stars are in the galaxy. Shouldn't it be STARS WAR?
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

JFC.

May I never desecrate the sacred theme park discussion again! All glory be to thee, Walt Disney!

Forgive me!

redline248
AG
Decay said:

And another thing.

This is only one war, and lots of stars are in the galaxy. Shouldn't it be STARS WAR?
No, b/c there was obviously an ancient Jedi/Sith war, a clone war, a rebellion war, and then a resistance war!

edit to add: I suppose there was a Trade War in episode 1
BenTheGoodAg
AG
heddleston said:

But the creator of Star Wars also made Han shoot first. So im not gonna hold that logic up. Plus that pronounciation was already taken by the peanut butter. its gotta get its own.
Hold up, are you implying that... Greedo shot first?
heddleston
AG
I don't care how anyone else pronounces it, just let me have @@ to myself. I can then continue slur all my words together in one big awesome split second long Boomhauer sentance and move on to the next one while everyone stares at me wondering what the hell the East Texan just said.
Decay
AG
redline248 said:

Decay said:

And another thing.

No, b/c there was obviously an ancient Jedi/Sith war, a clone war, a rebellion war, and then a resistance war!

They're simply different theaters of the same war. We didn't call each front a different war in WW2 did we? Wait we did kinda. Well ***** I still contend this is simply the Stars War
redline248
AG
Decay said:

redline248 said:

Decay said:

And another thing.

They're simply different theaters of the same war. We didn't call each front a different war in WW2 did we? Wait we did kinda. Well ***** I still contend this is simply the Stars War
They are all separate wars with specific beginnings and ends.
jeffk
AG
War never changes.
YouBet
AG
GreasenUSA said:

double aught said:

GreasenUSA said:

wait, someone thought you pronounced it "at-at"? just said that out loud and couldn't stop laughing.
That someone was correct.
Haha, well I will defer to the more knowledgeable, but I've never heard someone pronounce it "@ @"
It's always been @@. I've literally never not heard it called that until very recently with this revisionist history bull**** about aytee-aytee. However the AT-ST is pronounced is irrelevant because it was an afterthought until ROTJ.

Also, Mark Hamill says it's @@.
Chipotlemonger
AG
YouBet said:

Also, Mark Hamill says it's @@.

No offense to Luke, but IDGAF what he says regarding AT-ATs.
double aught
AG
redline248 said:

Those who say "at at" are probably the same people who put an s at the end of RBI
I am proudly in both camps. The man who says "Aaron Judge had three RBI last night" is a pretentious person I want no part of.
redline248
AG
double aught said:

redline248 said:

I am proudly in both camps. The man who says "Aaron Judge had three RBI last night" is a pretentious person I want no part of.
What if it's "That New York City Shrek had 3 RBI last night?"
maroon barchetta
heddleston said:

Gif is never pronounced like a brand of peanut butter!
maroon barchetta
Brian Earl Spilner said:

heddleston said:

Both of those are the correct pronunciations though. (The creator of the gif prounounces it jif.)

The creator is a computer nerd. He doesn't know how to handle grammar and spelling and English rules.

The "g" is for "graphical" which has a hard "g". It should not be pronounced like a peanut butter.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Regarding the theme park discussions, it is not like posters are discussing It's A Small World or Peter Pan's Flight. They are typically asking/talking about Star Wars Land and all the things to do, see, eat, and drink there. With comparative references to similar attractions such as the Avatar thrown in.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But it's his word!
AverageJones
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Regarding the theme park discussions, it is not like posters are discussing It's A Small World or Peter Pan's Flight. They are typically asking/talking about Star Wars Land and all the things to do, see, eat, and drink there. With comparative references to similar attractions such as the Avatar thrown in.
It's called Galaxy's Edge
The Porkchop Express
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Peter Pan's flight is actually my favorite ride at Magic Kingdom. If you look over your shoulder when you go past the Big Ben part, there is a hidden mickey in the clock that opens up quite briefly!
Life is better with a beagle
Decay
AG
AverageJones said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

The planet is Batuu...
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Whatever
Decay
AG
jeffk said:

War never changes.

That's from Fallout, not Stars War.

Is there a Fallout theme park or movie anywhere?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Decay said:

AverageJones said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

The planet is Batuu...

The town is Black Spire Outpost.
First Page Last Page
Page 1133 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.