Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,644,862 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have no idea if Giant Freaking Robot is a trusted source, so take it with a grain of salt. But according to them, Natalie Portman returning as Padme. I would think Ahsoka flashbacks?

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclusive-natalie-portman-returning-star-wars.html
Saxsoon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's like poetry, it rhymes.
son of a . . .
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
jokershady
AG
so i'll just leave this here.....shows a little more of what already i think had been revealed about a particular character showing up....

The Porkchop Express
AG
First time seeing that, thanks for posting!

Seeing Cody is awesome; really blown away by the Wookiee Padawan from the Clone Wars showing up.

So tickled pink they have Wayland and Mount Tantiss continuing to play a role. I don't think it's too hyperbole to say Tim Zahn's books from the early 90s really helped saved Star Wars and prove it wasn't dead yet in terms of fan interest.
Life is better with a beagle
Saxsoon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I have no idea if Giant Freaking Robot is a trusted source, so take it with a grain of salt. But according to them, Natalie Portman returning as Padme. I would think Ahsoka flashbacks?

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclusive-natalie-portman-returning-star-wars.html

Chadmidala?

Swolemidala?
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
jokershady
AG
i had just assumed it had been revealed that cody was going to be in this one...

honestly i dont know if im going to have to go back and watch these episodes again cause it's hard to remember who showed up in these and who didnt.....pretty sure Rex was in the first season of BB for an episode or two...

now that i think of it.....is it ever revealed what happened to Cody after RotS?

we know he orders the clones to fire at obi-wan in RotS and after that i dont ever remember seeing him in anything post RotS...right???
The Porkchop Express
AG
The only time you see Cody after the events of ROTS is in the original version of Battlefront or maybe Battlefront II (PC version) when you do the Imperial campaign. He's the narrator for the campaign that has the Empire conquer Kashyykk, but I seriously doubt that canon holds up very much.

Rex mentions him to the Bad Batch in passing, something about some codes they developed in the the Clone Wars that could be used safely. He never turned up in Rebels so maybe he'll be an antagonist.
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
I mean, it's not a stretch to say they call the shape an X, regardless of what the alphabet looks like. Or, you know, their language translates into English as X.

Also, bs he thought about the star wars alphabet when he was 7
OnlyForNow
AG
Or y-wing, or b-wing…
YouBet
AG
In the Han Solo Adventures book, Lando smoked cigarettes. I thought that was weird when I read it ~35 years ago.

There were some other "American" things said in that book as well that I no longer recall which took me out of the story when I ran across them.
double aught
AG
Maybe Han was wearing a New York Yankees hat?
maroon barchetta
Someone mention Han Solo books?

I remember being excited to get this one.
YouBet
AG
double aught said:

Maybe Han was wearing a New York Yankees hat?
I want to say it was something almost that jarring.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Millennium Falcon themed home theater in a house nearby Disney World.

maroon barchetta
No 3D chess
double aught
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

jokershady
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

more authentic looking than the Halcyon
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

I'm trying to imagine how the realtor who will sell that house eventually is going to explain that room.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

helloimustbegoing said:

I'm trying to imagine how the realtor who will sell that house eventually is going to explain that room.
It's in a new Disney residential resort for people who are really rich and are like 300 stages past my family's Disney obsession.

https://thechristensenteam.premiersothebysrealty.com/single-family/mfr/o6036313/10151-enchanted-oak-drive-golden-oak-fl-32836
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Ah.

Yeah, that eclipses my love of both Star Wars and Disney by a whole lot.
jokershady
AG
you kidding? that would be an insane amount of fun to list that house
Urban Ag
AG
double aught said:

helloimustbegoing said:

This line always irritated me. Luke's a freakin dirt farmer who just sold his beater POS speeder for next to nothing (probably didn't have a clear title either) and has the audacity to tell Han the Falcon is a piece of junk?
YouBet
AG
Urban Ag said:

double aught said:

helloimustbegoing said:

This line always irritated me. Luke's a freakin dirt farmer who just sold his beater POS speeder for next to nothing (probably didn't have a clear title either) and has the audacity to tell Han the Falcon is a piece of junk?
Kids are stupid and have no life experience or context.
double aught
AG
Urban Ag said:

double aught said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Yeah, but he could almost buy his own ship for that price.
The Porkchop Express
AG
double aught said:

Urban Ag said:

double aught said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Yeah, but he could almost buy his own ship for that price.
Who's gonna fly it kid, you?
Urban Ag
AG
Kenobi was a Boomer
Owen was Gen X
Luke was a millennial

It all makes sense now. Think about it.

Kenobi's generation of Jedi got to live fat and happy off the success of the previous generations of Jedi which had brought and maintained peace and order throughout the galaxy through great sacrifice. They spent way too much and and built unsustainable programs the galaxy couldn't afford. Owen's generation got stuck holding the bag when it fell apart and actually had to get up everyday and work and live within their means. Luke's generation knows nothing about the sacrifice of the older generations of Jedi, they resent Kenobi's generation for essentially bankrupting the galaxy leading to the Empire taking over, and they think Owen's generation is boring and lame because all they ever do is work and tell them no. Luke just wants to skate by and chill with his friends at Toshi Station and whine about how hard they have it. Luke, with literally no flying experience thinks he's a better pilot than Han, then gets all butthurt on Yavin IV when Han isn't down for the cause and just wants to get paid (yeah, that's why we're Gen X and you lived with your aunt and uncle). Then when he does get the opportunity to train to be a Jedi (with none other than Master Yoda mind you) he second guesses him constantly, argues and questions him, and leaves his training early. It literally takes his own father lopping his hand off to square him up and take some responsibility.
maroon barchetta
Urban Ag said:

Kenobi was a Boomer
Owen was Gen X
Luke was a millennial

Kenobi's generation of Jedi got to live fat and happy off the success of the previous generations of Jedi which had brought and maintained peace and order throughout the galaxy through great sacrifice. They spent way too much and and built unsustainable programs the galaxy couldn't afford. Owen's generation got stuck holding the bag when it fell apart and actually had to get up everyday and work and live within their means. Luke's generation knows nothing about the sacrifice of the older generations of Jedi, they resent Kenobi's generation for essentially bankrupting the galaxy leading to the Empire taking over, and they think Owen's generation is boring and lame because all they ever do is work and tell them no. Luke just wants to skate by and chill with his friends at Toshi Station and whine about how hard they have it. Luke, with literally no flying experience thinks he's a better pilot than Han, then gets all butthurt on Yavin IV when Han isn't down for the cause and just wants to get paid (yeah, that's why we're Gen X and you lived with your aunt and uncle). Then when he does get the opportunity to train to be a Jedi (with none other than Master Yoda mind you) he second guesses him constantly, argues and questions him, and leaves his training early. It literally takes his own father lopping his hand off to square him up and take some responsibility.
YouBet
AG
Urban Ag said:

Kenobi was a Boomer
Owen was Gen X
Luke was a millennial

Ha!
PatAg
AG
redline248 said:

I mean, it's not a stretch to say they call the shape an X, regardless of what the alphabet looks like. Or, you know, their language translates into English as X.

Also, bs he thought about the star wars alphabet when he was 7
I dunno, if you are familiar wtih him he was one of the two members of Flight of the Conchords. To say he has an odd sense of humor/outlook on the world is an understatement. Also from New Zealand
dave94
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

Kenobi was a Boomer
Owen was Gen X
Luke was a millennial

Also, Luke made out with his sister (seems like a millennial thing to do).

Leia was a haughty, condescending justice warrior until she was put in her place by the Gen-X-er (though it was still "complicated" for a while). She made friends with furries and coerced them to her cause. When she grew up, she outsourced child-rearing to her brother and was so focused on her career that her husband left her to go cruising with this homeboy Chewie.
The Collective
AG
So, Rey is a zoomer? Makes sense.
jokershady
AG
Urban Ag said:

Kenobi was a Boomer
Owen was Gen X
Luke was a millennial

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1125 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.