Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,645,062 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by TCTTS
Decay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Saw this on one of our Slack boards this morning (yes, we have a Slack board dedicated to Star Wars discussions). Don't recall seeing it posted here previously.

I figure there will be a lot of build-up for this, and then it will massively disappoint some of the regulars here.
That's a fan-made trailer FYI
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Is it? Well okay then.
twilly
AG
I was about to say the same thing about it being fan made. Definitely not what they showed at Celebration. That one had a character from an animated series that had previously not been seen in live action.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was assuming/hoping you knew that was not real. It's all old footage, man. Cmon now.
The Porkchop Express
AG
If you look in the right places, you can find the real released footage of Hera, Sabine, Ahsoka, and Chopper that was briefly shown.

Life is better with a beagle
Saxsoon
AG
Some think Mary Elizabeth Winstead will be Hera since Ewan leaked that she had a role in Ahsoka. That would be fantastic casting

Also get force ghost Freddie Prinze Jr seeing his son because why not
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
YouBet
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Saw this on one of our Slack boards this morning (yes, we have a Slack board dedicated to Star Wars discussions). Don't recall seeing it posted here previously.

I figure there will be a lot of build-up for this, and then it will massively disappoint some of the regulars here.
Disney certainly on a roll with that trend.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Saw that Mando and Grogu(!) are coming to Galaxy's Edge later this year. Really interested to how they'll have him be realistic in a crowd. Wish they would have more robots walking (rolling) around but I guess people would be apt to mess with them too much.
Flashdiaz
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Saw that Mando and Grogu(!) are coming to Galaxy's Edge later this year. Really interested to how they'll have him be realistic in a crowd. Wish they would have more robots walking (rolling) around but I guess people would be apt to mess with them too much.

Mando could be the host at a restaurant to give him the opportunity to lead you to your table by saying "this is the way"
The Porkchop Express
AG
Flashdiaz said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Mando could be the host at a restaurant to give him the opportunity to lead you to your table by saying "this is the way"
bluefire579
AG
Article touching on Taika Watiti's upcoming movies. Sounds like he's getting away from the main trilogy characters completely.

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/06/taika-waititi-star-wars-new-characters-1234733709/

Also sounds like Patty Jenkins' movie is still planned, despite rumors otherwise mentioned back in this thread.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

"I don't think that I'm any use in the 'Star Wars' universe making a film where everyone's like, 'Oh great, well that's the blueprints to the Millennium Falcon, ah that's Chewbacca's grandmother.'"
redline248
AG
Random thought:

How would audiences feel about a Star Wars movie that didn't really feature any Jedi, but rather the "protagonist" be a Sith that was warring with other Sith?
AliasMan02
AG
I'm more into rebel and scoundrel type movies in Star Wars, or even like more esoteric things like a shock boxer with debt to the Pikes trying to fight his way out, but this would be cool.

The thing that moves the needle the least for me is anything about Jedi vs <giant galactic threat>. I recognize I'm in the minority here, though.
redline248
AG
Giant galactic threat has to be something pulled up once in a while. Like, the Avenger movies get boring fast if every one of them is saving the universe.

I personally enjoy Jedi doing Jedi things, but every story doesn't have to be Thanos level threat.
tk for tu juan
Max Rebo series showing the garage band days, taking minor gigs around the universe, band fights that caused members to leave, and the bands first big break
maroon barchetta
tk for tu juan said:

Max Rebo series showing the garage band days, taking minor gigs around the universe, band fights that caused members to leave, and the bands first big break

Max ended up soaking his lower half in a Bacta tank after a mnage with a couple of Twi'leks.
jokershady
AG
ok im normally leary of videos like this cause 99% of the time they're fan made and anyone with a decent visual memory will spot those immediately.......this looks like the 1% of the time it's legit.

quality isn't great but definitely seems like a legit trailer was viewed for mando season 3 and i wouldn't be surprised if this gets taken down at some point

OnlyForNow
AG
This seems to confirm the return of that "guy".
twilly
AG
That's the trailer that WAS shown at Celebration. Totally legit.

Ranger fans you&#39;re not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
The Porkchop Express
AG
I got hired for a freelance job today to write the biography of Jedi Master K' Kruhk for a website.

jeffk
AG
Jedi Master Ass-lan more like it.
LPHA
AG
Don't forget to include something about his buddy Timon.
TCTTS
AG
jokershady said:

ok im normally leary of videos like this cause 99% of the time they're fan made and anyone with a decent visual memory will spot those immediately.......this looks like the 1% of the time it's legit.

quality isn't great but definitely seems like a legit trailer was viewed for mando season 3 and i wouldn't be surprised if this gets taken down at some point

Even in sh*tty bootleg cam mode, this looks incredible, especially in comparison to Kenobi. I still don't understand how all SW series don't have the same production quality/level of cinematography as Mando.
Duncan Idaho
Oh thank God. I will finally be able to sleep at night knowing his backstory
Duncan Idaho
But seriously, do they send you a stack of legends comic books and tell you to get after it? Or do they have a backstory that has been blessed by Disney and tell you to flesh it out? Something else?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

But seriously, do they send you a stack of legends comic books and tell you to get after it? Or do they have a backstory that has been blessed by Disney and tell you to flesh it out? Something else?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
dave94
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
That's sort of like saying Jalen Brunson is the best point guard of all time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's more reasonable than putting Rise of Skywalker second though.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, nope. As terrible as it is, putting IX second is FAR more acceptable than putting III above ANH and especially ESB.
jokershady
AG
Amazingly ima need to agree with this one….course we all know Rogue One is actually better than ANH or ESB but I understand you just left that out cause we were strictly keeping it within the Skywalker Saga
redline248
AG
I might be the only person that thinks Rogue One is just OK. 100% they put Vader in that movie to leave audiences feeling better about it.
The Collective
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Do a Behind the Music styled show about Rebo.
First Page Last Page
Page 1123 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.