Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,645,246 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why do you think the chip is a retcon?
TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

What is Tales of the Jedi? Only one I haven't heard about

Ha, no clue. Thought you guys would know.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

A microchip in the clones? Plausible but never hinted at in the movies far as I remember…
sburg2007
Arc in clone wars covers it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's an animation anthology series of one-off stories involving Ahsoka, young Qui-Gonn, Dooku, etc.

Filoni just had these random stories he'd written and they decided to make them.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

A microchip in the clones? Plausible but never hinted at in the movies far as I remember…

It's never explicitly mentioned, but I'm saying I don't think it was retconned in Clone Wars to explain it. I think it was always intended to be the explanation but not explicitly stated.

Granted that's just me speculating.
Chipotlemonger
AG
sburg2007 said:

Well there ya go. Thanks for the insight!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But as for why they didn't kill Anakin, I had that exact thought in my latest rewatch. And I doubt the Anakin plan was even in motion when they were created.

I can only imagine once Sheev started grooming him, he was able to get the Kaminoans to push out that firmware update. Maybe they had to recall them back to Kamino to do so.
Vince Blake
When I first saw the Tales if the Jedi title I was hoping it was going to be based on the Dark Horse comic of the same title from the mid-90s which was set in the Old Republic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_the_Jedi_(comics)
gougler08
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

sburg2007 said:

Well there ya go. Thanks for the insight!

Just go watch the last season of clone wars, first 4 and last 4 episodes. Some of the best content in the whole Stars Wars universe
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed, that's a fantastic arc.
Gangnam Style
AG
https://www.starwars.com/news/swca-2022-tales-of-the-jedi-panel

Tales of the Jedi - 6 part animated short (3 Ahsoka episodes, 3 Dooku episodes).

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's a good summary from Reddit ---

Someone asked for a Celebration summery

I was writing it in the comments, but they got locked as I wanted to post it, so for it to not go to waste here is what I gathered from watching a bit on and off from home:

- Skeleton Crew - Mandoverse show, called a Stranger Things in space, starring Jude Law, coming 2023

- Andor - [teaser trailer]( and poster, it's coming out August 31st, 12 episodes and I think a two episode premiere

- Mandalorian and Ahsoka - leaked footage, and announced they'll come out in 2023 (Mando in February), maybe SPOILERS but hera, chop and sabine will appear searching for a someone

- Young Jedi Adventures - a [preschool type animated show](https://www.starwars.com/news/swca-2022-young-jedi-adventures) set in the High Republic era featuring Yoda and younglings, coming out spring 2023

- Tales of the Jedi - [animated show](https://www.starwars.com/news/swca-2022-tales-of-the-jedi-panel) of six episodes about Ahsoka and Dooku (three episodes each) showing different moments in their lives, a trailer and the first episode were shown only at the panel, it will feature a young Qui-Gon Jinn

- Jedi: Surviver - a Jedi: Fallen Order sequel got a [teaser released]( should launch in 2023

- LEGO Star Wars: Summer Vacation - in the style of the two previous themed LEGO specials set after ep IX, release date is August 5th + 2 LEGO sets shown from Andor and Fallen Order and a [short released]( for the ANH anniversary

- Yoda comic - a Marvel [10-issue miniseries](https://www.starwars.com/news/swca-2022-marvel-yoda-interview), consisting of three arcs, first set in the High Republic era written by Cavan Scott, starting in October

- High Republic Phase II - [a bunch of stuff]( novel and comic covers shown, new novel names revealed, audiodrama announced, and new characters shown

- The Bad Batch season 2 - [teaser trailer]( put out, it will release this year in fall

- Visions Volume 2 - coming out spring 2023, with shorts not only from Japan, but some other countries as well

That's all I got as the Celebration is still going they might announce a thing or two for like a big finish, but I think this is it for the announcements. Oh yeah also the Hunters game still didn't get a bloody release date.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/v0n12w/someone_asked_for_a_celebration_summery/
gougler08
AG
I'm here for Hera, Sabine and Chopper…could easily mean season ends with Ezra
sburg2007
Awesome!
Duncan Idaho
Why would you think you hit a nerve. Hell I agree with you. They have been very hit or miss because there hasn't been a well thought out and planned story line for these films. I just think Solo is a fun movie that has aged pretty damn well. Though I have zero idea how you could think the bad batch is even questionable as a miss

Saxsoon
AG
So Ewan dropped that his wife Mary Elizabeth Winstead was cast in Ahsoka. Ringerverse pod thought she might be cast as Hera, and that might be damn perfection
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
PatAg
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Why would you think you hit a nerve. Hell I agree with you. They have been very hit or miss because there hasn't been a well thought out and planned story line for these films. I just think Solo is a fun movie that has aged pretty damn well. Though I have zero idea how you could think the bad batch is even questionable as a miss

From Kennedy's comments, she doesnt even understand why Solo didn't do well.
It wasn't because they recast Han, and I thought he was actually good as Han.
Ambres
AG
PatAg said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Hopefully, they will do Solo 2 and keep the story going because I actually wanted to see where this story goes. Especially if Emilia character takes over the syndicate w/ Maul as the crime boss.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Ambres said:

PatAg said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Hopefully, they will do Solo 2 and keep the story going because I actually wanted to see where this story goes. Especially if Emilia character takes over the syndicate w/ Maul as the crime boss.
Ditto.

Solo was a fun movie that suffered only because they released it so close on the heels of the abject failure that was The Last Jedi.
jeffk
AG
Excited about the Fallen Order sequel (game). First one was a blast and had a great story too.
Ambres
AG
jeffk said:

Excited about the Fallen Order sequel (game). First one was a blast and had a great story too.
I was hoping that they were going to announce a new Star Wars MMO as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This guy is having a ball.

wangus12
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Ambres said:

PatAg said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Ditto.

Solo was a fun movie that suffered only because they released it so close on the heels of the abject failure that was The Last Jedi.
Bingo. I'd love for another one to be made. Everyone was still mad about TLJ and Solo suffered massively from it

In fact I'd just like them to make another SW film. Everything has been D+ and its just not really the same as sitting in a theater.
sburg2007
Not to mention it was ONLY 5 months after TLJ.
YouBet
AG
Let's not forget that Solo dramatically reimplemented "Han shot first".

To make up SE travesty of A New Hope.
redline248
AG
YouBet said:

Let's not forget that Solo dramatically reimplemented "Han shot first".

To make up SE travesty of A New Hope.
Lucas went woke before going woke was cool?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Quote:

- Young Jedi Adventures - a [preschool type animated show](https://www.starwars.com/news/swca-2022-young-jedi-adventures) set in the High Republic era featuring Yoda and younglings, coming out spring 2023

Phrasing... Disney; grooming; preschool...coming out?
The Collective
AG
jokershady
AG
Can you blame him? Shoot I was hoping he'd come out doing the Haka he's having such a good time
jokershady
AG
This got released 2 days ago on YouTube….hadn't seen it here and got a kick out of it

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
maroon barchetta
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Raawwwr! Urrrgh! *chuff* [/Peter Mayhew]
redline248
AG
Which High Republic books are good? I have Light of the Jedi...which one is next? Aren't a few of them suited for kids or young adults? I don't want any of those.
First Page Last Page
Page 1121 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.