Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,645,337 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by TCTTS
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
twilly said:

Got this today….

You always look good with a beard!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nope, not jealous at all.

That's awesome.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The fan love for these two guys is so awesome to see.

Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

8.17 - She-Hulk
8.21 - Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon (HBO)
8.31 - Star Wars: Andor (Disney+)
9.02 - The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Amazon Prime Video)
9.9 - Cobra Kai S6

FIFY

Don't care about She-Hulk, but *******. That's a hell of a month right there.

I am seriously looking forward to she hulk more than game of thrones

I know what I am getting with she hulk and my it can only be better than I expect
Saxsoon
AG

Ashley Eckstein has such a lovely laugh. I hope she gets a character role in Ahsoka
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Ambres
AG
Watched Top Gun 2 w/ the wife and kids last night.. why I mention it .. cause if Disney doesn't green light Rogue Squadron now.. then they are just throwing away money on their IP.

Rogue Squadron was always about 12 unique Republic pilots doing an impossible mission. Hopefully, this will bring the project back to the front. The film is a mix of WW2 dogfighting and Mission Impossible.

How is this not being made already!?!?! Ok rant over.
YNWA_AG
AG
Ambres said:

Watched Top Gun 2 w/ the wife and kids last night.. why I mention it .. cause if Disney doesn't green light Rogue Squadron now.. then they are just throwing away money on their IP.

Rogue Squadron was always about 12 unique Republic pilots doing an impossible mission. Hopefully, this will bring the project back to the front. The film is a mix of WW2 dogfighting and Mission Impossible.

Disney doesn't know how to make Star Wars movies
double aught
AG
Ambres said:

I think the short answer is Wonder Woman 1984 happened.
YouBet
AG
I watched Star Wars last night. Weird, I know.

Anyway, and I'm sure I've noticed this before, but C-3PO and R2 were owned by Wedge or Wedges family member before they found themselves on Leias ship.

Also, the Disney+ version has been further edited and has removed scenes I wasn't aware of. Specifically, when R2 is all alone in desert canyon and Jawas shoot him. That scene has been cut from Disney+ version.
maroon barchetta
YouBet said:

Anyway, and I'm sure I've noticed this before, but C-3PO and R2 were owned by Wedge or Wedges family member before they found themselves on Leias ship.

Also, the Disney+ version has been further edited and has removed scenes I wasn't aware of. Specifically, when R2 is all alone in desert canyon and Jawas shoot him. That scene has been cut from Disney+ version.

Why would they cut that scene? We have to know how he ends up in the Sand Crawler.
Ambres
AG
YouBet said:

Don't know if it is still true anymore w/ legacy and cannon changes.. but Captain Antilles use to not be related to Wedge Antilles .. just same last name. Of course, w/ all the new stuff they could have rewritten that part of the lore.
YouBet
AG
maroon barchetta said:

YouBet said:

Why would they cut that scene? We have to know how he ends up in the Sand Crawler.
No idea. It was a glaring hole though. It's kind of maddening and nonsensical they would do that.

What else are they going to edit out that we don't know about?

All the more reason to own physical copies of your most beloved titles.
YouBet
AG
Ambres said:

YouBet said:

Don't know if it is still true anymore w/ legacy and cannon changes.. but Captain Antilles use to not be related to Wedge Antilles .. just same last name. Of course, w/ all the new stuff they could have rewritten that part of the lore.
Ha. That seems overly complicated to put two different characters in a movie with such a unique name that aren't related.
Ambres
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Ambres said:

Seems that Disney is really hit and miss. Even movies like The Last Jedi.. where the director had amazing cinematic and visuals.. yet the story didn't seem to integrate well w/ the Force Awaken and Rise of Skywalker. Frankly the second act should have set up Palpatine return and the consequence of destroying Star Killer base. It met 50% but clearly fail to make a complete story. Very disappointed with Disney overall

Hits:
Mandalorian
Rogue One
Force Awaken
Rebels

Miss:
Boba Fett
Solo
The Last Jedi
Rise of the Skywalker
Resistance
Bad Batch (debatable)

i
Ambres
AG
YouBet said:

Ambres said:

YouBet said:

Ha. That seems overly complicated to put two different characters in a movie with such a unique name that aren't related.
Sadly us old farts that use to know all the lore and story had no issue with it.. saw it no different as two guys with the same last name.. like Smith or Williams... just name.. in fact Wedge was Corellian and Raymus was from Alderaan .. they weren't even from the same planet.. again they might have change that bit as I am not up to date on all the new comics and books like I use to be.

Here is the reference though it might be out of date: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Raymus_Antilles
Duncan Idaho
Ambres said:

YNWA_AG said:

Ambres said:

Seems that Disney is really hit and miss. Even movies like The Last Jedi.. where the director had amazing cinematic and visuals.. yet the story didn't seem to integrate well w/ the Force Awaken and Rise of Skywalker. Frankly the second act should have set up Palpatine return and the consequence of destroying Star Killer base. It met 50% but clearly fail to make a complete story. Very disappointed with Disney overall

Hits:
Mandalorian
Rogue One
Force Awaken
Rebels

Miss:
Boba Fett
Solo
The Last Jedi
Rise of the Skywalker
Resistance
Bad Batch (debatable)

i

You are fake news.

Solo was a hit
Bad batch was a hit
jeffk
AG
SIAP

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I know some of y'all really like it, but Solo is considered a box office flop, especially within LF.
YouBet
AG
I liked Solo like many others who think it was the victim of unfortunate timing.

I quit watching Bad Batch. I could not stand the little girl. Creepy as hell and was major turn off.
Duncan Idaho
The post wasn't using hot or miss"on the context of box office success
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maybe not, but it's a factor when ranking hits or misses.

That, combined with the lackluster reviews, would make it perfectly reasonable to rank it under Misses.
Duncan Idaho
By that rationale, "it's a wonderful Life" was a miss
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And what's yours rationale for it being a Hit besides you liked it?

(BTW It's a Wonderful Life has a 94% RT score.)
Chipotlemonger
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'd say the majority of us posters on here liked Solo. Therefore, it's a TexAgs hit. Deal with it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maybe, but when listing out Disney's hits and misses, you can't call someone out for calling it a miss.

It was a miss by most standards.
Ambres
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Ambres said:

YNWA_AG said:

Ambres said:

Hits:
Mandalorian
Rogue One
Force Awaken
Rebels

Miss:
Boba Fett
Solo
The Last Jedi
Rise of the Skywalker
Resistance
Bad Batch (debatable)

You are fake news.

Solo was a hit
Bad batch was a hit
Seems I hit a sore spot.

Well didn't even consider it news.. just presenting an opinion. I debated Solo, Bad Batch and Rise of the Skywalker. I can even argue that Solo, TLJ, Rise of Skywalker and Bad Batch have some great and fun elements. Just feel like the "Miss" list are shows that didn't meet overall fan my expectations. The fact that Solo didn't get a sequel that was expected.. makes it a miss. As for Bad Batch, I wrote debatable cause it is. Some people love the opening and the Clones and some hated the special clones.. It might jump up to Hit but it will depends on what they do in Season 2.

BTW: this is my opinion.. other may have different opinion and that is ok.

Overall: Would you agree that Disney is batting about less then .500 w/ misses on key series that impacted the entire IP.
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Now. Not when it came out.
https://screenrant.com/its-a-wonderful-life-box-office-flop/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's really a whole other discussion.

Blade Runner was a flop when it came out too. And many other examples.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Solo
sburg2007
Anything of note or entertaining come out of rest of celebration?
redline248
AG
Random question for nerd discussion...

When order 66 goes down, the clones all turn on the Jedi, and later retcon says b/c of a chip implanted in their brains. Why do you think the clones followed Anakin to the temple and weren't like "uh, he's a Jedi...shouldn't we kill him?"
Duncan Idaho
There was a white list in the firmware
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
redline248 said:

Random question for nerd discussion...

When order 66 goes down, the clones all turn on the Jedi, and later retcon says b/c of a chip implanted in their brains. Why do you think the clones followed Anakin to the temple and weren't like "uh, he's a Jedi...shouldn't we kill him?"

Extremely quick firmware updates by the emperor. The dark side can sense feelings AND code.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
What is Tales of the Jedi? Only one I haven't heard about
First Page Last Page
Page 1120 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.