Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,606,887 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by jokershady
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love the smile on Rosario's face
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
maroon barchetta
Jim01
AG
No joke!

I just wrapped up Boba Fett with the kids a couple days ago and was really impressed with the effects on Luke. He actually looked really good!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Obi-Juan
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
The hired that deep fake guy from YouTube so that's part of the reason for sure
tamusc
AG
LoneStarAg2004 said:

My family and I checked in to Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser today! So far, it's incredible!

I think my wife and I ran into you and your family waiting for the transport back to the Starcruiser from Galaxy's Edge on Tuesday!

We both had a blast as well. My wife has seen all the movies and, while she likes Star Wars, isn't a super fan or anything like that yet she still had a blast. I've watched every bit of Star Wars content there is, have read 20+ books (as well as some of the comics), have played just about every video game and thought it was amazing! The way Disney has everything set up so that a casual fan can have fun, but sprinkles in enough details and backstory to keep a Star Wars nerd like me really engaged and entertained is impressive.

Honestly, going in I was a bit nervous because while I am a huge fan, I've never been one that's been into cosplay or role playing other than some Halloween costumes and video games. I was afraid I'd get caught up in the awkwardness of being surrounded by people who were WAY more into it than I was and wouldn't be able to let go and have fun. From the very beginning though, the entire experience is just so well designed/executed that my wife and I both couldn't help but to have fun and enjoy ourselves. I ended up completing what were essentially the scoundrel and Resistance storylines while my wife ended up going full dark side and completed the First Order storyline.

Throughout the entire experience, we were continually blown away by the design, attention to detail, and the engineering behind everything. All of that is amplified by training/talent of the staff/cast, who were almost universally excellent. Everyone on the ship had a fun backstory and never broke character and that was mostly carried over to Galaxy's edge. We did both rides, the cantina, built droids, and built lightsabers. The two standouts in the park were of course Rise of the Resistance and Savi's Workshop, where the experience of building a lightsaber is just so perfectly dialed in.

I strongly recommended Galactic Starcruiser to any Star Wars fan who has the means and is able to play along and have fun. That being said, someone that goes into it thinking it's anything other than essentially an active, three day ride and isn't willing to participate will probably think it's an incredible ripoff.

Side note - we surprised my nieces and parents at Magic Kingdom the day before and my mom screamed so loud when she realized we were there (we snuck up and photobombed them while they were taking a picture in front of the castle) that I was afraid someone would call security, lol. I was supposed to be in San Francisco at a work conference to present a paper on Sunday afternoon (had one of my fellows do it, good exposure for them) and my wife and I had them convinced we were there. It was a fun way to start the trip and something my parents and nieces will never forget.

I also want to say that my wife planned and executed all of this flawlessly as a birthday present for me and I acknowledge how incredibly lucky I am.

maroon barchetta
The pics you posted of this wonderful experience aren't displaying properly.
OnlyForNow
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

Side note - we surprised my nieces and parents at Magic Kingdom the day before and my mom screamed so loud when she realized we were there (we snuck up and photobombed them while they were taking a picture in front of the castle) that I was afraid someone would call security, lol.
Yeah, I think we'd all like to see that photo.

(my kids did that to my wife on our last trip while she was getting her picture taken on the main strip at Hollywood Studios, it's a fun picture to look at).
tamusc
AG
lol, updated. For some reason it kept hanging when I tried to post pictures.

Also, somehow a picture of my wife in her Rey/scavenger outfit triggered the automated content filter, LOL
Duncan Idaho
Sounds awesome. On a much much smaller scale, the way you described yourself and what you thought about cosplayers and over the top people is what I thought about going to the Harry Potter stuff at universal.

But even there they did such a good job of immersing you into the environment that you couldn't help but get wrapped up in it. So knowing how seriously Disney takes these kind of things and the complete immersion that this format provides, I can't even imagine how full on dork I would have been.
tamusc
AG
jokershady
AG
ok i gots to know....the 2 dudes that you were putting and had your arms around.......did they know that was you and you were already there? or were they just like, "hmm maybe some rando cast member is getting in on this family picture"
tamusc
AG
My brother (guy on the right) knew what was going on as we coordinated with them, but my dad had no clue and thought I was a rando cast member, lol.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That is super cool.
The Collective
AG
Larry trailer.
jokershady
AG
i found that way funnier than a grown man probably should
YouBet
AG
"I was the pack that broke the Dewback's back."

LoneStarAg2004
AG
Yep! That was us! It was great to meet another Ag, and I agree with everything you said! My family and I had a great time, and I would say my wife came away a bigger Star Wars fan than she was going in.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Y'all try the blue milk?

I can't get enough of the stuff.
tamusc
AG
Actually had both blue milk to drink and blue milk whip for breakfast.

Both were delicious.
LoneStarAg2004
AG
Had the blue milk and the green milk. Definitely preferred the blue over the green.
bluefire579
AG
Uncle Owen not falling for any of it

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That sounds delicious.
tamusc
AG
It was very tasty.
C@LAg
bluefire579
AG
jokershady
AG
Oh no!
TCTTS
AG
The Collective
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
The Collective
AG
Has all of the makings of the kind of project that Lucasfilm just makes disappear.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1111 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.