Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,608,974 Views | 45376 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Btw, the composer for Andor will be Nicholas Britell of Succession fame. He is fantastic.

So the talent behind the camera has me pretty excited for it.
YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

YouBet said:

How and why would there would be an ongoing series with Andor?? That seems odd.
From what I've seen online:

Lucasfilm wants an "anchor" show for their television universe and they went with Andor.

It makes sense given the time period (every major character is alive at this time), it's the height of the empire / early days of the rebellion, and they have a great showrunner in Tony Gilroy.

Add in the fact that Lucas is supposedly fairly involved in this one, at least more so than anything else since the Disney purchase, and it looks like this will be the big one going forward.

Interesting. I guess that does make sense considering the number of cameos we got in Rebels.

I guess I thought any new anchoring would have been post ROTJ. Hopefully in a way that subtlety created content to make us forget the ST ever happened. Lol.
YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I would bet on a young Leia being a major part of the show, maybe not in S1 but maybe from S2 onwards, with the rebellion really starting to form. I'd even bet on Bail Organa. (Mon Mothma is already confirmed.)

I bet Obi-Wan will serve as an introduction of sorts, and Andor will continue that story of the rebellion.

All were in Rebels aside from Obi Wan so that's a good bet.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Wasn't Obi-Wan in Rebels as well? Or was that the end of clone wars that he makes a reappearance in tattooine?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Obi-Wan, Leia, Chewbacca, Lando were all in Rebels at some point, and Luke from a very long distance. And R2 and 3PO. And Wedge, and Vader and Palpatine
jeffk
AG
Obi-wan was in the last season of Rebels, yeah.
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

Rangers of the New Republic is dead, due to what's her face going off the deep end. And I would tentatively slot The Acolyte into 2023 as well, as that's currently casting.

Who went off what deep end?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Han Solo went off the deep end at Starkiller Base.

maroon barchetta
Luke also, at Cloud City.

He turned out alright.
TCTTS
AG
Gina Carano, who played Cara Dune in The Mandalorian. She was set to get her own spinoff series, Rangers of the New Republic.

But then she started spouting off on social media, comparing the left/the current political divide to Nazi Germany, bought fully into all the voter fraud insanity, and did stuff like mock the use of pronouns by putting "boop/bob/beep" in her Twitter bio. So, Lucasfilm finally cut ties with her.

I literally meant nothing by my offhanded comment, though, forgot where I posting, and was quickly reminded there are those here who are sympathetic to such plights.
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

Gina Carano, who played Cara Dune in The Mandalorian. Was set to get her own spinoff series, Rangers of the New Republic.

But then she started spouting off on social media, comparing the left/the current political divide to Nazi Germany, bought fully into all the voter fraud insanity, and did stuff like mock the use of pronouns by putting "boop/bob/beep" in her Twitter bio. So, Lucasfilm finally cut ties with her.

I literally meant nothing by my offhanded comment, though, forgot where I posting, and was quickly reminded there are those here who are sympathetic to such plights.

I remember her posting stuff, I just didn't know she was set to get her own spin-off series so I was confused.

And pronouns in signature lines are stupid. Nobody cares except the person putting them in their own signature line. It's just another form of LOOK AT ME!!! that isn't necessary.
jeffk
AG
That's your opinion, but I think you're incorrect to assume it's shared by everyone.
TCTTS
AG
100% agree when it comes to the pronoun stuff. I'll call you whatever you want me to call you, but all the social media bio stuff, ridiculous corporate introductions, and the insistence by those participating that everyone do the same, is so ridiculous and over-the-top. To be fair, though, for Lucasfilm, I think that was a relatively inconsequential thing on a much bigger list.
maroon barchetta
jeffk said:

That's your opinion, but I think you're incorrect to assume it's shared by everyone.

Ok jeffk
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

100% agree when it comes to the pronoun stuff. I'll call you whatever you want me to call you, but all the social media bio stuff, ridiculous corporate introductions, and the insistence by those participating that everyone do the same, is so ridiculous and over-the-top. To be fair, though, for Lucasfilm, I think that was a relatively inconsequential thing on a much bigger list.

So you're saying it was her weight?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Obi-Wan, Leia, Chewbacca, Lando were all in Rebels at some point, and Luke from a very long distance. And R2 and 3PO. And Wedge, and Vader and Palpatine
Hey, you left off Hobbie!
Belton Ag
AG
maroon barchetta said:

TCTTS said:

So you're saying it was her weight?
She strayed too far off the res. I heard an interview with her after they cut ties and she said there were a handful of people working on the show that refused to work with her, etc.

She seems like an odd person, but none of the nonsense that she put out on her social media was any more or less odd than the nonsense some of her costars in that series put on their social media, but my assumption is that in order to quell the dissent within they show they just cut ties with her.

Sad state of affairs that this is the world we have to live in these days but here we are. I wish she'd have kept her mouth shut because even though her acting skills are limited, I liked her character.
YNWA_AG
AG

Saxsoon
AG
I am probably more sympathetic than some would be on a board on this forum but even I side-eye pronouns in a work email or twitter bio
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jeffk
AG
I understand how listing pronouns can come off as virtue signaling, but I'll say that they're also helpful in some professional settings where almost all initial interactions are via email or telephone.

Gina's poking fun at them on Twitter was a pretty minor offense and I think way down the list of reasons why her show got canned.
jeffk
AG
Old Mandalorian or old Imperial you think?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
1.21 parsecs!

What the hell is a parsec?
TCTTS
AG
That's a good point. And I should clarify that I don't think the *use* of pronouns, or specifying how you'd like to be addressed in everyday life, is ridiculous. I was referring mainly to the disingenuous virtue signaling that piggybacks on it, the shaming of those who don't feel the need to specify, and the corporation who think they have to talk like this...

jeffk
AG
The brands are always absurd when it comes to things like this.
TCTTS
AG
jeffk said:

Old Mandalorian or old Imperial you think?

My gut guess would be some kind of loner who helps Mando for an episode or two, a la the character Nick Nolte voiced in season one. That said, a former Imperial officer would be pretty sweet too.
Saxsoon
AG
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

if he gets frozen in carbonite I'm gonna laugh my 1990s butt off!
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Gina Carano, who played Cara Dune in The Mandalorian. She was set to get her own spinoff series, Rangers of the New Republic.

She also wasn't a very good actor, with a limited range of what she could do for stunts.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. To me, that was her biggest offense. She simply stuck out like a sore thumb when it came to her acting ability, or lack thereof.
jokershady
AG
I thought she got better after her first appearance….

But her first appearance…..yeah…..there were a couple line deliveries where I cringed pretty hard
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
YNWA_AG said:

This actually means we're finally going to get that big Star Trek / Star Wars crossover!

Duncan Idaho
Great Scott!!!!
twilly
AG

1.21 Jedi Watts
jokershady
AG
twilly said:

1.21 Jedi Watts

First Page Last Page
Page 1098 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.