Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,609,888 Views | 45381 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jokershady
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Rebels is more about the ensemble so it's understandable there aren't standout characters.

It might also have the best Obi-wan scene so far
Okay let's tap the brakes there.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I mean you guys know how unintentionally hilarious you sound when you worry about a Star Wars show focusing on kids, right? Are you are also worried about the DC movie coming out this summer about Superman's dog and Wonder Woman's pig?
maroon barchetta
helloimustbegoing said:

I mean you guys know how unintentionally hilarious you sound when you worry about a Star Wars show focusing on kids, right? Are you are also worried about the DC movie coming out this summer about Superman's dog and Wonder Woman's pig?

Spider Pig >>>>>> Wonder Pig
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He's not Spiderpig anymore, he's Harry Plopper.
The Collective
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Fake Obi is best Obi?

I think it is the best Maul scene. I'm kind of bitter they didn't save that moment for live action.
Flashdiaz
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Ag Since 83 said:

Fake Obi is best Obi?

I think it is the best Maul scene. I'm kind of bitter they didn't save that moment for live action.
have to wonder if they can still do it... tell it from Obi-Wan's point of view instead of the story line in Rebels.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That happens years after this show, so I doubt it.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That happens years after this show, so I doubt it.

Yep, and it would require deep fake Alec Guinness which I'm not sure I'm ready for at this point.
redline248
AG
Who can guess where I am from this crappy picture (assuming it gets past the filter)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anaheim or Orlando?
redline248
AG
Orlando
Farmer1906
AG
"Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."
The Porkchop Express
AG
Some Bad Batch season 2 news.

Kevin Kiner, alongside his sons Sean and Dean Kiner, recently appeared on a charity stream hosted by The Convor Call (hat tip r/StarWarsLeaks). While raising money to provide support for the people suffering in Ukraine amidst an invasion, The Convor Call got the Kiner family to chat about Star Wars for an hour and change, and in the process they shared some details on the next season of The Bad Batch. Minor spoilers ahead.

• The two have been working on the score for the second season of The Bad Batch for quite some time, with it being developed even while they were scoring the first season.
  • An unspecified amount of time will have passed between the first and second seasons. When we return to the titular team, Omega will look older.
  • The show will take viewers back to Coruscant, with the Kiners composing a "political noir" compositions for certain scenes that may or may not take place on that planet.
  • The second season of the show will have a substantially larger cast of characters than the first.
redline248
AG
My kids crashed us a bunch
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You do Rise of the Resistance yet?

Best ride in the park.
redline248
AG
In 5 mins. This is my 2nd trip, but first time for the kids to do Rise.
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

My kids crashed us a bunch

My kids crashed while we were taking off and took their hands off the controls to yell at each other.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
The Collective
AG
Or my favorite.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

My kids crashed while we were taking off and took their hands off the controls to yell at each other.

Should have told them to stop ****ing up your fantasy.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I Have Spoken said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Should have told them to stop ****ing up your fantasy.
Nah, we've been remarkably blessed to have gone on the Falcon 5 times in the past 4 years. The two of them together was our only combination of pilots we'd yet to have that seemed fun.

I still can't believe that ride doesn't actually go anywhere, it's a pure delight. Hollywood Studios is one helluva day between that, Rise of the Resistance, Slinky Dog Dash (extra awesome at night), the Rock'n'Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, and the Minnie/Mickey runaway railway that's based on the same trackless tech as Rise. And Star Tours is still a blast too.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hmm...pretty interesting if true. A lot of people won't love it considering his track record and his friendship with JJ Abrams, but I'm interested.
TCTTS
AG
Anyone who still complains about his track record clearly hasn't seen The Leftovers or the Watchmen series. Dude is on another level now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hey, I loved the LOST finale and have enjoyed his work. But he also did Cowboys & Aliens, and a ton of people still hate the LOST finale and hated Prometheus.

Not saying me.
TCTTS
AG
It totally get all that, and I agree that some of those indeed suck. I'm just saying that's Old Damon. Because he took a bit of a break after all that, learned a ton, then came back as New Damon and masterminded two phenomenal series in a row.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
In his defense, I like Prometheus ...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Same.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

In his defense, I like Prometheus ...
I too like Prometheus (and Alien Covenant). The movie did a great job of expanding on the Alien universe. The android David is truly one of the most evil characters ever to be put on screen.
Belton Ag
AG
Prometheus is totally underrated. Beautifully shot movie, good cast, great soundtrack. The story explored some really bold themes and was executed very well. There were a couple individual scenes that were kind of head scratching but pretty easy to overlook as they don't impact the story arc.
Duncan Idaho
Point of order: the lost finale wasnt any worse than any other part of that entire series.

Duncan Idaho
So the guy behind 2 of the wokest shows in recent times is going to make a star wars movie?

1)I have zero doubt it will be excellent (like you've said, he has grown a lot)
2)I predict massive melting by certain posters/demographics
The Porkchop Express
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Point of order: the lost finale wasnt any worse than any other part of that entire series.

You mean like the enormous temple they only discovered in the last season that no one had seen or mentioned before?
First Page Last Page
Page 1095 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.