Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,610,400 Views | 45382 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by YouBet
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

Just finished S3 of Rebels. Possibly recency bias, but I think I'm going to proclaim Rebels better than Clone Wars. It's freaking awesome. And it's leading right up to R1.

Also, random musing...I'm convinced that Governor Price was modeled after Kala in Flash Gordon.

1980 and a PG rating for this?

maroon barchetta
Princess Aura >>>> Dale Arden
The Porkchop Express
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Princess Aura >>>> Dale Arden
Princess Aura >>>> The Field
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Princess Vespa > Aura
YouBet
AG
I Have Spoken said:

veryfuller said:

I think Rebels is more consistent. Clone Wars has higher highs, but MUCH lower lows. But when Clone Wars is soaring, its much better than Rebels ever gets.

Clone Wars has some great story arcs. It can be a bit clunky at times but also took a lot more chances than Rebels did.
Not sure about that. Rebels has Dire Wolves for God's sake!

I feel like I missed this now obvious plot point (in hindsight) but did they actually explain in R1 why they were mining kyber crystals?
maroon barchetta
YouBet said:

I Have Spoken said:

veryfuller said:

I think Rebels is more consistent. Clone Wars has higher highs, but MUCH lower lows. But when Clone Wars is soaring, its much better than Rebels ever gets.

Clone Wars has some great story arcs. It can be a bit clunky at times but also took a lot more chances than Rebels did.

I feel like I missed this now obvious plot point (in hindsight) but did they actually explain in R1 why they were mining kyber crystals?

Was it to power the giant planet killer laser on the Death Star?
YouBet
AG
maroon barchetta said:

YouBet said:

I Have Spoken said:

veryfuller said:

Yes. That is made pretty clear in Rebels although it hasn't been outright stated as such. I just don't recall if in R1 they ever actually said what they were doing there. I don't believe it was shared.

Interesting retcon for how they powered it.
jokershady
AG
YouBet said:

maroon barchetta said:

YouBet said:

I Have Spoken said:

veryfuller said:

Yes. That is made pretty clear in Rebels although it hasn't been outright stated as such. I just don't recall if in R1 they ever actually said what they were doing there. I don't believe it was shared.

Interesting retcon for how they powered it.
I tried finding a clip online but wasn't able to

When Erso and Andor arrive on Jeda they are on the outskirts looking with binoculars….Erso asks, "What are they bringing in?" And Andor responds, "It's not what they're bringing in, it's what they're taking out. Kyber crystals that power the weapon."

I might not be getting it correct word for word but it should be close.
jeffk
AG
They touch on the kyber crystals in Fallen Order as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
They got a video version name for photobombing? Cause that's got to be one of the most epic ones
cbr
AG
Never thought id watch the cartoon sw, but did clone wars when i had the flu, and it was pretty good. Then the ending, freaking brilliant.

The top 5-10 clone wars episodes are as good as r1 or sw, better than most any of the other movies even.

Never got into rebels. Slugged through most of it anyway but could have completely done without it.

maroon barchetta
Brian Earl Spilner said:

YouBet
AG
Rebels:
I'm about 2/3 through final season. Up until now, they've actually done origin stories for the rebels equipment...B Wing and Y Wing (more how they got them and not how they originated) most notably.

However, they all of a sudden have X Wings for the attack on Lothal with zero background on how they got them. Just curious they didn't do an origin story on the most iconic of their fighters.

Battlefront 2 (game):
Played around with the single player campaign and didn't realize it was canon. It fills in some things directly post ROTJ and leads into the ST. Thus, I don't really care about it; I just didn't realize it was canon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok but where the hell is our Obi-Wan trailer?
jokershady
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Isn't there an investor day this week or was that fake
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tomorrow, but don't really see how that would matter. Guess we'll see.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saw something about a leaked scene, but I'm avoiding that until we get something official.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Disney should say that they were going to release it but delayed it due to the Russian invasion. That will put the screws to Putin.
The Porkchop Express
AG
All rumors but possibly HUGE spoilers for Obi-Wan, so it's black ghost text for the lot of it. This isn't everything, just some points I think are interesting. These are all from makingstarwars.net.

The first Obi-Wan episode opens up with a scene at the Jedi temple during Order 66 where two older Jedi Masters die protecting 1-2 teenage Padawans, who manage to escape. Grogu is not in these scenes, but a de-aged Anakin might be.

One of the Padawans somehow figures out that Obi-Wan went to Tatooine and comes looking for him. The Padawan doesn't know anything about Luke or Leia of course, so he/she thinks they can find Obi-Wan, restart the Order together, etc.

Not one, not two, but three Inquisitors follow the Padawan to Tatooine - a Grand Inquisitor - not sure if it's the same character from Rebels, the Third Sister, whose name is Reva and is played by actress Moses Ingram from the Queen's Gambit, and the Fifth Brother.
The Grand Inquisitor was voiced by Jason Isaacs in Rebels and this version will be played by Rupert Friend,
The Fifth Brother was in Rebels as well, grey skin, wore a hat, got killed by Maul on Malachor.

The Third Sister thinks she senses Obi-Wan on Tatooine but the Grand Inquisitor tells her she's an idiot.

Each of the 6 episodes is around 45 minutes long, so it's the equivalent of a 4 hour, 30 minute movie.

Princess Leia is kidnapped specifically as a plot by the Inquisitors to lure Obi-Wan out to kill him because they know of his association with Bail Organa. Apparently there is stuff on Alderaan with Leia in a young diplomat program. Vivien Lyra Blair from Bird Box is young Leia.

Supposedly a few scenes showing what Luke's life is like (sucks) vs. what Leia's life is like (awesome) growing up.

The Lars' family is in Mos Eisley shopping and selling water and sees Inquisitors harshly interrogating people about Jedi. Later Owen meets Obi-Wan in the desert and berates him for attracting danger to Tatooine - even though it's the other Jedi who did so.

The Jedi Padawan finds Obi-Wan who repeatedly denies that is who he is - saying his name is Ben. The Padawan recognizes him from the Temple but Obi-Wan won't admit to it because he thinks it will jeopardize Luke's safety. He tells the Padawan that the war is lost and he should bury his lightsaber in the desert if he wants to survive. The Padawan eventually leaves.

When Obi-Wan gets the call from Bail that Leia is in trouble he goes to the spaceport and finds sees that the Inquisitors have killed the Padawan and strung his body up, I imagine like in Game of Thrones, as a warning.

The Collective
AG
jeffk
AG
Maybe we create a specific Obi thread so that we can keep potential spoilers there?
The Porkchop Express
AG
jeffk said:

Maybe we create a specific Obi thread so that we can keep potential spoilers there?
somebody call Hollywood and wake him up!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I would agree. And thanks for the spoiler tags.
The Porkchop Express
AG
2022 Celebration poster has dropped. Interesting seeing Maul so prominent on it.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm assuming that's Obi-Wan behind him.

Gotta sting for Boba Fett that even with a show this year, people still care more about Mando and would rather see him on a poster.
MandoArms
I mean Andor and Bad Batch could say the same thing...
IG: mando_arms
jokershady
AG
I must have this poster!
sburg2007
At least the Slave 1 is on there…
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My initial thought was Vader, Anikan, Maul, Mando, Ahsoka, Luke...but I can see where it's Obi-Wan.

The hood and manner in which the lightsaber is extended made me think of Anakin.

On closer inspection the lightsaber is definitely shaped like Obi-Wan's on the end. And considering this poster is to promote upcoming shows, Obi-Wan makes more sense (and as muck said make the Maul bit interesting).
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
redline248 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

My initial thought was Vader, Anikan, Maul, Mando, Ahsoka, Luke...but I can see where it's Obi-Wan.

The hood and manner in which the lightsaber is extended made me think of Anakin.

On closer inspection the lightsaber is definitely shaped like Obi-Wan's on the end. And considering this poster is to promote upcoming shows, Obi-Wan makes more sense (and as muck said make the Maul bit interesting).
Blue lightsaber, gotta be Obi-Wan.
dave94
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Anakin's was also blue.
First Page Last Page
Page 1092 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.