Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,610,514 Views | 45382 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by YouBet
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Surely not. Even Apple just went maskless for most of its stores and store employees. Feels like all the big dogs are finally relenting.
Belton Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

Surely not. Even Apple just went maskless for most of its stores and store employees. Feels like all the big dogs are finally relenting.
DB Coach
AG
RE: retractable lightsaber - I had not heard of it, and didn't see your post before watching the video...had to rewind that moment a couple of times...first thought was "how much will that cost me?"!
jokershady
AG
Unless they've improved upon the initial design, I hear they're very fragile and you won't be able to fight with them.

But that was when it first came out.
Saxsoon
AG
Yeah I mean Rey ****ing bends over to drop the fragile one and pick up a sturdier one for the fight in that video posted. I honestly expect better from Disney
gougler08
AG
TCTTS said:

CDC today says most Americans no longer need a mask indoors so I assume basically all mask mandates are dropped sometime in next few weeks (everywhere)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saxsoon said:

Yeah I mean Rey ****ing bends over to drop the fragile one and pick up a sturdier one for the fight in that video posted. I honestly expect better from Disney

You mean by inventing the first legit retractable lightsaber in existence?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Saxsoon said:

Yeah, and I heard the halcyon can't even break orbit!
exitone
AG
Saxsoon said:

They need to have her walk behind a large pillar or something so she can quickly switch it out. Setting it down did look kind of bad.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Told the kids to get ready to watch the another movie. It's pandemonium in our household as the kids run around screaming in excitement.

Good parenting - check
sburg2007
sburg2007
Big weekend while wife was gone. Kids watched clone wars & I finally finished my Yoda. Also managed to grab a little At-St, throw together Obi Wan's hut, and a not pictured mandalorian armory forge. I tell myself I'll let the kids play with them when they want, but most likely not.

twilly
AG
Latest LEGO set from The Book of Boba Fett

MGS
sburg2007 said:

Why is Luke standing behind the toliet?
The Collective
AG
I feel like a high percentage of every $ made on Star Wars should go to Mark. No one has done more to keep the brand alive during all of the content dark periods.
jokershady
AG
How can you not love this man!?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean Mark Hamill is great and would definitely do something like that, but y'all realize that's not him right?
i is smart
AG
jokershady said:

Unless they've improved upon the initial design, I hear they're very fragile and you won't be able to fight with them.

But that was when it first came out.

Can confirm, mine is incapable of murdering younglings.
sburg2007
He's pissing his blue milk in it.
The Collective
AG
COSPLAY Mark
The Collective
AG
It has been a very long day, ok!
jokershady
AG
well it fooled me dang good.....even at the end when you hear his voice very faintly it does sound like him.....

course i was at a funeral over a year ago and the priest sounded just like mark hamill as well which was crazy distracting so maybe it's just not that hard?

also....anyone come across any legit reviews yet from the galactic star cruiser? legit meaning actual paying customers and not from "social influencers" who got to go there for free...

edit: did the unthinkable and actually clicked on the twitter comments to read (feel dirty now)....and yes this guy has a twitter channel called Fluke Skywalker and apparently he does a lot of charity events where he cosplays Mark Hamill and apparently does it all for free....i believe there's money exchanged but it's all for charity and he donates 100% of it. found his website here y'all need to check it out the resemblence in the pictures is staggering.... https://imflukeskywalker.com/
Hello there
The Porkchop Express
AG
The alternate ending to Episode IX - Poe Dameron was Palpatine's half-brother's step-son.

JCRiley09
AG
Sounds like a better twist than what we got
The Collective
AG
YouBet
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Vertical footage that blurs out the sides? About the most annoying thing ever.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Live look at Putin invading Kyiv.

The Collective
AG
Putin at negotiations with Ukraine

ChipFTAC01
AG
It never really dawned on me how silly a lot of the costumes are in SW until thinking about Krenneck in that gif. Part of it is the just the look of the 70s but capes and robes and silly vests and high boots.
YouBet
AG
Just finished S3 of Rebels. Possibly recency bias, but I think I'm going to proclaim Rebels better than Clone Wars. It's freaking awesome. And it's leading right up to R1.

Also, random musing...I'm convinced that Governor Price was modeled after Kala in Flash Gordon.

Duncan Idaho
I agree about rebels being better than clone wars on the whole but I liked the themes clone wars tried to explore a little more.
The Collective
AG
Season 2 does a good job building up to the fact that this show is going to be worth your time. Season 3 made sticking with the series worth it. I'm not saying Season 1 sucked, but it was just completely eclipsed by how great the show got. The season 3 episodes "Trials of the Darksaber" and "Twin Suns" are some of the best Star Wars media ever produced, imo.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I think Rebels is more consistent. Clone Wars has higher highs, but MUCH lower lows. But when Clone Wars is soaring, its much better than Rebels ever gets.
The Collective
AG
veryfuller said:

I think Rebels is more consistent. Clone Wars has higher highs, but MUCH lower lows. But when Clone Wars is soaring, its much better than Rebels ever gets.

Clone Wars has some great story arcs. It can be a bit clunky at times but also took a lot more chances than Rebels did.
First Page Last Page
Page 1091 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.