Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,611,038 Views | 45382 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by YouBet
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She definitely is there to attract kids to her character, and then matures as you would imagine the audience of the show matures. It's a great thing. If you look at Luke's actions for the first 20 minutes or so of the movie, he's not so far removed from Ahoska, he whines and complains about everything until tragedy strikes.

I remember some artist, maybe Doug Chiang, having a mockup of Jar Jar for Episode II where he had been altered by the Battle of Naboo and turned into a warrior, seeing the death of all those Gungans and what not sobered him up and turned him into a Chewbacca-esque character, but of course Uncle Toy Seller didn't want that.
redline248
AG
I'm pretty sure this is the video I mentioned

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Came across this yesterday. Not sure I prefer it per se, but interesting how the tone completely changes.

The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Came across this yesterday. Not sure I prefer it per se, but interesting how the tone completely changes.

It's exciting to imagine we might see more of full on Vader in Obi-Wan in a few months!
YouBet
AG
I know it's animation, but Vader in Rebels is a total f'ing badass. I guess in Obi Wan he may not be as advanced as he would be in Rebels. Guess we will find out.
The Porkchop Express
AG
YouBet said:

I know it's animation, but Vader in Rebels is a total f'ing badass. I guess in Obi Wan he may not be as advanced as he would be in Rebels. Guess we will find out.
Rebels did a great job of bringing in Vader, Thrawn, and Tarkin and enhancing their reps instead of detracting from them. So many shows have the hero outwit/escape the villains over and over again until they become not very scary. Vader shredding a whole squadron was a great example of that.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
PatAg
AG
The choice to let the scene rest on the darkness for 4-5 seconds, and then you hear his breathing machine a couple times before he turns on his light saber....just so well done.
The Porkchop Express
AG
My brother and I discussed that Vader by that point is just s message boy for Palpatine, going around intimidating people. The occasional force choke. Having a hallway full of guys with guns trying to stop you is a real cut loose and shred them feeling for anakin.
jeffk
AG
Y'all need to go watch the movie version of all the Fallen Order cut scenes. The payoff has a ton of Vader wrecking shop and it's incredible.
maroon barchetta
PatAg said:

The choice to let the scene rest on the darkness for 4-5 seconds, and then you hear his breathing machine a couple times before he turns on his light saber....just so well done.

You definitely get chicken skin watching that.
YouBet
AG
The perfection of the final Rogue One scene with Vader in contrast/comparison of the final Mandalorian scene with Luke.

Like Father; like Son.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And soon it'll be Obi-Wan's turn. He will get his hallway scene, just watch.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Man, if it was me at the 0:16 mark; I'd have been "G&$ D@$&% , we told Kevin to fix this 4 days ago!!!"
jokershady
AG
Not gonna lie….this is what pops in my head anytime this thread drops to the bottom of the entertainment board or off the main page….

gctxag
AG
Give me an Obi Wan trailer so I can move on with my life
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Man, if it was me at the 0:16 mark; I'd have been "G&$ D@$&% , we told Kevin to fix this 4 days ago!!!"

There's a theory that Vader was force holding that door so it wouldn't open.
The Porkchop Express
AG
An interview with Ian McDiarmid on Star Wars News Net has some speculating that The Emperor might appear in Obi-Wan as well.

Moving towards Mando 3.0, I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts or theories on how it all eventually shakes out.

I have a lot of curiosity about the fate of Mandalore - is it completely barren or are their survivors living there now?

How many Mandalorians are there total in the galaxy? How many have armor enough to be in a fight?

How many are non-human and will we see them? They seemed to have no qualms about Grogu being a foundling - I'd love to see some alien Mandalorians.

Even with the Dark Saber, Mando doesn't seem like much of a leader. Not knocking him, but he's more of a 'get the job done" kind of guy. They wouldn't have brought in live-action Katee Sackhoff without having a bigger plan for her, I would assume. She clearly wants to be Mandalore, but what does being Mandalore even mean? Seems like they could go live anywhere and have whatever society they want with the Empire gone.

Does Fett's little side note at the end of the last episode mean he would make a good Mandalore? That happens in one of the legends arcs. He seemed like a giant moron when it came to politics in the show.

Am I ever going to get even one damn reference to Clan Ordo?

Also, as we get closer to the Ahsoka series, the fact that Hayden is in it means assuredly at least a few flashbacks. Would you rather her show be a mix of new and old like BOBF (but better), or just one continuous adventure with the occasional flashback? Or will she try to turn Anakin back to the light pre-ANH and that be part of the show?

Also curious about James Earl Jones involvement in the TV stuff. He was in Coming to America 2 last year at age 90. He turned 91 last month. Did they have him record stuff or are they going to synth him like they did LUke?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

There's a theory that Vader was force holding that door so it wouldn't open.

Possible but why wouldn't he force close it?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Valid point, but he at least opened it when he needed to.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I read the first 15-20 pages of this thread today while waiting for a carpet cleaner to show up. Definitely worth your time if you're ever in for laughs and a few impressive predictions from 2014.

tamusc
AG
So my wife surprised me today with a pretty awesome anniversary gift today. She planned a trip to Disney World with my nieces (5 and 7) and SIL while my brother is going to be in Orlando for a conference. Then after spending a few days with them, she booked a spot for us on Galactic Starcruiser. Oh and we'll be on the Starcruiser on May 4th….she did not understand why that was going to be cool, lol

One of her employees was actually at Galactic Starcruiser this week (one of her friends is a Disney employee) as part of a friends and influencers preview of the updated version. She was raving about how cool it was and that if we wanted to do it, we should book before the videos and reviews come out later this week.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's awesome.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's a preview of it from a fairly well known Disney World youtuber.

The Porkchop Express
AG
George Lucas clone at the 17 minute mark!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
When they jump to hyperspace just makes me think of the "they've gone to plaid" scene from Spaceballs.
jokershady
AG
I've heard all the review delays and holds should've ended this morning so we should be getting information on it now.

And that is an awesome as hell gift!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Here's a preview of it from a fairly well known Disney World youtuber.

Alright cheesy as it may come off to some, that lightsaber reveal at 1:17:05 is pretty damn good. (Timestamped)

Outside of a short promo video, that's the first public look at that newly developed retractable lightsaber as far as I know.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also the stormtrooper struggling with the flag at 39:10 is so wonderfully in character.
Belton Ag
AG
I like the fact that the cast members aren't wearing masks. We're set to hit up Disneyland in Anaheim in April and I'm hoping that the cast members aren't masked up there.
ChipFTAC01
AG
If I paid $10000 for an immersive Star Wars experience and Luke Skywalker was wesring a ****ing surgical mask I would lose my *****
Belton Ag
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

If I paid $10000 for an immersive Star Wars experience and Luke Skywalker was wesring a ****ing surgical mask I would lose my *****
Well one thing I have been looking forward to is the hilarious irony of Thor wearing a mask.
TCTTS
AG
Just announced today for LA County...

Quote:

A milestone nearly two years in the making has arrived in Los Angeles County.

California's most populous county relaxed its public health order on Friday to allow unmasking indoors at restaurants, bars and other businesses for people who show proof of vaccination. Employers also can permit their workers to remove their masks if they are vaccinated.

The revised rules went into effect at 12:01 a.m. Friday, hours before the CDC released its update on make guidelines.

Anaheim is in Orange County, which is more conservative than LA County, so I can't see OC County holding onto to any kind of mask mandates much longer, if they haven't dropped them already. Point being, if masks are still being required at Disneyland for some ridiculous reason, it'll be a Disney thing, not a California thing (which, as a state, dropped mask mandates earlier this month).
Belton Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

Just announced today for LA County...

Quote:

A milestone nearly two years in the making has arrived in Los Angeles County.

California's most populous county relaxed its public health order on Friday to allow unmasking indoors at restaurants, bars and other businesses for people who show proof of vaccination. Employers also can permit their workers to remove their masks if they are vaccinated.

The revised rules went into effect at 12:01 a.m. Friday, hours before the CDC released its update on make guidelines.

Anaheim is in Orange County, which is more conservative than LA County, so I can't see OC County holding onto to any kind of mask mandates much longer, if they haven't dropped them already. Point being, if masks are still being required at Disneyland for some ridiculous reason, it'll be a Disney thing, not a California thing (which, as a state, dropped mask mandates earlier this month).
Ya Disneyland dropped it's mask policy last week but I wasn't sure if Disney would keep it in place for employees or not.
First Page Last Page
Page 1090 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.