Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,612,737 Views | 45386 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by YouBet
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And Obi-Wan's noir detective storyline.

Edit: I'm dumb, missed the first part.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Mr. White said:

High-quality meme, but dead wrong.
You really miss the lack of Liam Neeson in AOTC.
Ambres
AG
AOTC lacked chemistry between the actors.. it came off very wooden. .. which was different then what made OT great which was the wit from chemistry they all had together (Mark, Carrie and Harrison.. heck even Anthony Daniels). The PT actually had a decent idea .. just badly cast and needed the lines to be worked on a little more. (Seriously some of those lines were horrible) .. they needed an actor like Brendan Frasier or Harrison Ford, who can deliver cheesy lines. Finally, the idea of a 14 year old elected Queen was dumb.. Naboo deserve to be invaded and taken over.

Note the ST issue was the opposite.. good actors w/ chemistry who for whatever reason got given 2.5 half garbage script. (Force Awaken was good until the stupid Death Star 3.0)
Mr. White
Legal Custodian said:

Mr. White said:

High-quality meme, but dead wrong.

Obi-wans storyline and the Geonosis sequence is pretty decent.

True, but I feel like I'm watching a cd-rom
TCTTS
AG
All three prequels should have featured the same actor as Anakin / should have taken place within a few years of each other. Basically like the OT. We didn't need an entire movie devoted to Anakin as a kid. All we needed were a couple flashes of him as a kid having to say goodbye to his mother, and then all the "He was too old to train" talk in dialogue, in the present.

As is, Anakin and Padme fall in love WAY too fast (and way too chessily) in AOTC. Instead, we should have had an entire movie - a version of The Phantom Menace - of them being roughly the same age (and both *of* age), where they're getting to know each other, and then by the end, we're left with a will-they-won't-they vibe. Then, by the end of AOTC, they're secretly married. In other words, the entire prequel trilogy should have been their doomed, Romeo-and-Juliet-esque romance - played by the same two actors across all three movies - set against the backdrop of the fall of the Republic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I definitely agree with that.

A young teenage Anakin destroying the Trade Federation Ship with the force, untrained and purely on instinct, would've been the perfect way for the Jedi to finally realize his potential and accept him as a Padawan.

The way it happens where he accidentally does it is just so dumb. It's my biggest complaint about the whole PT, I think.

But that said, I still enjoy AOTC unironically. Love the Coruscant chase, Obi-Wan's story, the start of the Clone Wars, and obviously an incredibly hot Padme. And if anyone here claims they weren't at maximum hype when Yoda pulled out that lightsaber, they are lying.
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

All three prequels should have featured the same actor as Anakin / should have taken place within a few years of each other. Basically like the OT. We didn't need an entire movie devoted to Anakin as a kid. All we needed were a couple flashes of him as a kid having to say goodbye to his mother, and then all the "He was too old to train" talk in dialogue, in the present.

As is, Anakin and Padme fall in love WAY too fast (and way too chessily) in AOTC. Instead, we should have had an entire movie - a version of The Phantom Menace - of them being roughly the same age (and both *of* age), where they're getting to know each other, and then by the end, we're left with a will-they-won't-they vibe. Then, by the end of AOTC, they're secretly married. In other words, the entire prequel trilogy should have been their doomed, Romeo-and-Juliet-esque romance - played by the same two actors across all three movies - set against the backdrop of the fall of the Republic.

He's a person.
redline248
AG
The biggest issue with Clones is the pacing/delivery of the lines. When good to great actors like Portman and Christopher Lee come across as wooden and rushed, you have a problem. That problem was the lazy direction of Lucas.

The love story sucked, too.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

As is, Anakin and Padme fall in love WAY too fast (and way too chestily) in AOTC. Instead, we should have had an entire movie - a version of The Phantom Menace - of them being roughly the same age (and both *of* age), where they're getting to know each other, and then by the end, we're left with a will-they-won't-they vibe. Then, by the end of AOTC, they're secretly married. In other words, the entire prequel trilogy should have been their doomed, Romeo-and-Juliet-esque romance - played by the same two actors across all three movies - set against the backdrop of the fall of the Republic.
FIFY

Keegan99
AG
YouBet
AG
maroon barchetta
Keegan99 said:

bluefire579
AG
Gameplay from that cancelled Boba Fett game from a few years back was released

AliasMan02
AG
Parkour Boba seems like a really bad fit
bluefire579
AG
Doesn't help that it's obviously pre-Alpha. EA hired away the writer for the first three Uncharted games to be the creative lead and tapped the studio behind the Dead Space trilogy for this one. In the end, she left EA, the game got canceled, and the studio was shuttered.

Realized that this was wrong. That was a different Star Wars game. This one was canceled when Disney shut down LucasArts game development.
YouBet
AG
Nailed the environmental sounds. Not sure about that chase music. Boba's signature jet pack would have come in handy during that chase so not sure why he doesn't have it although I assume obtaining is a later mission of some sort.

Never expected to see Boba Fett running through hanging meat today.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hamill off to shoot for Mando S3?

TCTTS
AG
He lives in Malibu and they shoot in Manhattan Beach (south of Malibu), so I can't imagine him taking a private jet just a few miles. I've seen him join a couple movies lately, so I'm betting it's for one of those.
YouBet
AG
Jet is same color as his X Wing.

This clearly means that Disney has decided to remove the ST from canon and they are sending him off to the set to film a rebooted Episode VII.

That's all this can be.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

I wish this game had been made.
Dro07
AG
dang that looked sweet
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Yeah that looked badass... I'd be in favor of a movie based on some of these game cutscene engines (like the Final Fantasy movie)...

This looks alot like the gameplay for Metal Gear Solid series ... lovely
bluefire579
AG
With the problems that came out of it, it probably wouldn't have been nearly that cool if they had continued on with it.

I've been on the other side of those kinds of demos, and the MO is always to spend about a month to make the demo look as great as possible, run it on a high end machine, then salvage what you can for an actual mission. I'll always advise caution when basing something off a guided demo.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anthony Daniels doing mocap work.

https://instagr.am/p/CZKU-LIL0gm

At the exact same time Mark Hamill is flying off to do a secret project?

Might there be a secret film in production somewhere?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ealing Studios is in the UK...
YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Anthony Daniels doing mocap work.

https://instagr.am/p/CZKU-LIL0gm

At the exact same time Mark Hamill is flying off to do a secret project?

Might there be a secret film in production somewhere?
I'll refer you back to my post at 7:44pm last night.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
maroon barchetta
Rocks that he made levitate on Dagobah while training with Yoda.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If we work together, I know we can discover the secret.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That, also Rey on Ach-To.
TCTTS
AG
A simple Google search will reveal that...

- Anthony Daniels is currently doing motion capture work for the animated Star Wars: A Droid Story movie for Disney+.

- Mark Hamill is shooting The Fall of the House of Usher limited series from Mike Flanagan for Netflix, of which Hamill was announced as part of the cast last month, and begins shooting next week.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

- Anthony Daniels is currently doing motion capture work for the animated Star Wars: A Droid Story movie for Disney+.

- Mark Hamill is shooting The Fall of the House of Usher limited series from Mike Flanagan for Netflix, of which Hamill was announced as part of the cast last month, and begins shooting next week.

Old sport, always taking the fun out of the texags rumor mill!
Jason_Ag98
AG
So it's something so big that they've been laying down a cover story for weeks!!!
TCTTS
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

TCTTS said:

Old sport, always taking the fun out of the texags rumor mill!

First Page Last Page
Page 1078 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.