Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,612,843 Views | 45386 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by YouBet
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

bluefire579 said:

Apparently the studio working on the strategy game is a brand new one from former Firaxis devs, so a lot of relevant experience there as well.
Strategy like Rebellion / Masters of Orion? Or like StarCraft / Force Commander...?

Firaxis makes me think turn based, not RTS. I could be wrong though.
HossAg
AG
I read turn based on reddit
bluefire579
AG
The guys worked on XCOM in particular, so I'd say likely that direction.

Edit: Turn based squad for those unfamiliar with it
jokershady
AG
Just curious for those who have played KOTOR….I'm about 20 hours in (bought it online for Nintendo switch) and am still hanging around tatooine….went there first once I had the options to travel to different planets…..I haven't played a game like this in a long time and on these types of games I really take my time and explore…..

So based on that….what am I pacing at? Like 80 hours total?
bluefire579
AG
That's probably about right
CC09LawAg
jokershady said:

Just curious for those who have played KOTOR….I'm about 20 hours in (bought it online for Nintendo switch) and am still hanging around tatooine….went there first once I had the options to travel to different planets…..I haven't played a game like this in a long time and on these types of games I really take my time and explore…..

What class did you roll?
redline248
AG
Taris laughs at 80 hours
AliasMan02
AG
C@LAg said:

You want a perfect example of why the High Republic initiative across books and comics is failing (poor sales for both the books ad the related comics)?

Here ya go....

"Buckets of Blood" Buck and Kantam Sy face off in a brutal, intense, ruthless… bake-off! Lightsabers and Jedi robes are put aside in favor of whisks and aprons as the two competitors bake Master Yoda's special pastry recipe. But the recipe requires one extra special ingredient: a story! "Buckets of Blood" and Kantam recount the tale of an epic battle as they whisk away, both hoping to win the prize of Padawan approval. Daniel Jos Older and Vita Ayala team up in this heart-warming one-shot. Plus, bake Master Yoda's pastries yourself, with the recipe included in the back!

Guys guys guys.

IDW publishes the little kid Star Wars comics. Marvel publishes the legit ones. Calm down.

Also, IDW was recently fired.
AliasMan02
AG
jokershady said:

Man... Tatooine is SO murdery.
jokershady
AG
CC09LawAg said:

jokershady said:

What class did you roll?
if I'm understanding your question I'm a scoundrel….and I started off being "nice" but since getting on tatooine I'm becoming more of a dick….

For example, had I known I already had one krait dragon egg from helping that dude kill him with mines, I might not have killed him for his…..so now I have 2 and don't know what to do with them.

Also threatened the droid shop dude to try and get HK47 for free…still had to pay 2500
maroon barchetta
jokershady said:

CC09LawAg said:

jokershady said:

What class did you roll?
if I'm understanding your question I'm a scoundrel….and I started off being "nice" but since getting on tatooine I'm becoming more of a dick….

For example, had I known I already had one krait dragon egg from helping that dude kill him with mines, I might not have killed him for his…..so now I have 2 and don't know what to do with them.

Also threatened the droid shop dude to try and get HK47 for free…still had to pay 2500

Trade them to Jawas for the parts to your ship.

Duh.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I always like playing nice with the tuskens until you reach the part with the chief, then turning on them with hk47 and canderous and slaughtering them like animals from the inside out.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
If they bring back Ewoks; I hope their the *******ly, murdery nightmare kind...
jokershady
AG
You're referring to the mud horn

*nerd*
jokershady
AG
Wish I had thought of that. I just went in with my two Jedi chick buddies and wrecked shop
maroon barchetta
jokershady said:

You're referring to the mud horn

*nerd*

It's still an egg.
Malachi Constant
AG
The Krayt Dragon Pearl can go in your lightsaber in place of another crystal. I didn't realize that until my second time through.
jokershady
AG
I'll check that out. I'm assuming it makes the lightsaber more powerful? Also aren't they worth a lot of money?
bluefire579
AG
No way that fits into a lightsaber

maroon barchetta
The Porkchop Express
AG
jokershady said:

Wish I had thought of that. I just went in with my two Jedi chick buddies and wrecked shop
That's fun too, as if leaving Griff, Mission's brother, to rot as he tries to escape.

I like to think that by killing the Tusken Chief first that the other ones are just trying to GTFO after they hear the screams and HK's maniacal laughter with his flame thrower and gravity cone generator thing, knowing their best and brightest have fallen. Especially if you go there fairly late in the game when HK has his never-ending shield and Canderous is basically unstoppable with his Mando armor plus his natural healing ability.

Every time I play, I tell myself I'm going to use the other characters more to see what other interactions play out, but Canderous and HK are such a joy. I'll be sad if when I die they still haven't made a real KOTOR movie.
CC09LawAg
helloimustbegoing said:

jokershady said:

That's fun too, as if leaving Griff, Mission's brother, to rot as he tries to escape.

I like to think that by killing the Tusken Chief first that the other ones are just trying to GTFO after they hear the screams and HK's maniacal laughter with his flame thrower and gravity cone generator thing, knowing their best and brightest have fallen. Especially if you go there fairly late in the game when HK has his never-ending shield and Canderous is basically unstoppable with his Mando armor plus his natural healing ability.

Every time I play, I tell myself I'm going to use the other characters more to see what other interactions play out, but Canderous and HK are such a joy. I'll be sad if when I die they still haven't made a real KOTOR movie.

Lol that's funny bc I'm such a completionist that I always have to carry a utility droid. My third rotates but I generally enjoy a Jedi of an opposite discipline.

Downloading now on my Switch bc I miss it. It is my Star Wars version of FF3/6/Tactics. I'll hope to play it a hundred times before I die.
YouBet
AG
How do y'all tolerate playing games with story like this over and over and over? I don't get it. Have you conditioned yourselves to not be annoyed when you have to listen to the dialog again or click through it all incessantly?
bluefire579
AG
YouBet said:

How do y'all tolerate playing games with story like this over and over and over? I don't get it. Have you conditioned yourselves to not be annoyed when you have to listen to the dialog again or click through it all incessantly?
The only time I'll immediately run a game back is for work or for grabbing easy achievements I missed. For a game like KOTOR, I'll usually wait at least a year or so between plays to have the experience be more nostalgic than rehashed. It also helps that there are completely different interactions depending on who is in your party, and that different scenarios can play out, not to mention the light/dark side aspect that also affects how the game is played.
YouBet
AG
bluefire579 said:

YouBet said:

The only time I'll immediately run a game back is for work or for grabbing easy achievements I missed. For a game like KOTOR, I'll usually wait at least a year or so between plays to have the experience be more nostalgic than rehashed. It also helps that there are completely different interactions depending on who is in your party, and that different scenarios can play out, not to mention the light/dark side aspect that also affects how the game is played.
For me to replay an RPG, it would need to be many years in between so that it feels like a new experience again. And I'm not sure I've ever even done that.

I'm considering getting the Anniversary Edition of Skyrim because I haven't played it in 4-5 years, I'm not sure I ever played the DLC, it comes with modding on Xbox, and it's arguably the best RPG of all-time. So I could stomach replay of story in that.

There are tons of people though that will play a game multiple times in short order and the thought of having to listen to everything again and be bored out of my mind knowing exactly what's going to happen is a waste of time to me. But to each his own. I'm just now wired that way and it's incomprehensible to me.
CoachRTM
AG
This 1,000+ page thread on Star Wars just got way too nerdy for me.
canadiaggie
AG
YouBet said:

bluefire579 said:

YouBet said:

For me to replay an RPG, it would need to be many years in between so that it feels like a new experience again. And I'm not sure I've ever even done that.

I'm considering getting the Anniversary Edition of Skyrim because I haven't played it in 4-5 years, I'm not sure I ever played the DLC, it comes with modding on Xbox, and it's arguably the best RPG of all-time. So I could stomach replay of story in that.

There are tons of people though that will play a game multiple times in short order and the thought of having to listen to everything again and be bored out of my mind knowing exactly what's going to happen is a waste of time to me. But to each his own. I'm just now wired that way and it's incomprehensible to me.

I played through the Mass Effect Legendary edition when it released in the summer. Not the first time playing the trilogy but the first time since ME3 released.

I was just gutted after it was over. It was such a journey that I'm not sure when I'll be able to pick it up again, even though I wanna try my hand at role playing a less than ideal play through (I got the best ending, didn't lose a single companion other than the ones who are hard locked to die).
YouBet
AG
canadiaggie said:

YouBet said:

bluefire579 said:

YouBet said:

I played through the Mass Effect Legendary edition when it released in the summer. Not the first time playing the trilogy but the first time since ME3 released.

I was just gutted after it was over. It was such a journey that I'm not sure when I'll be able to pick it up again, even though I wanna try my hand at role playing a less than ideal play through (I got the best ending, didn't lose a single companion other than the ones who are hard locked to die).
Great series.
redline248
AG
Quote:

There are tons of people though that will play a game multiple times in short order and the thought of having to listen to everything again and be bored out of my mind knowing exactly what's going to happen is a waste of time to me
How many times have you seen the Original Trilogy?
YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

There are tons of people though that will play a game multiple times in short order and the thought of having to listen to everything again and be bored out of my mind knowing exactly what's going to happen is a waste of time to me
How many times have you seen the Original Trilogy?
Was waiting for this. It's non-interactive though. I don't have to do anything but sit there.

It's different.
redline248
AG
I know, but it is funny
Malachi Constant
AG
Reasons why replaying a great RPG like KOTOR is more fun than re-watching a movie:
  • Light-side vs. Dark-side - totally different experiences within the game. Different endings. Different battles. Killing people you didn't kill the other time.
  • Male/Female dynamic. If you're into that sort of thing, you get a different experience playing as a man vs. as a woman
  • Party - depending on the folks you bring along with you battles are different, dialog is different, outcomes are different
  • Class specialization - if you want to be a scoundrel that can pick every lock and hack every computer, you can do that. Alternatively you can be a brute Jedi Guardian where you just hack everyone to death with a lightsaber. Different traits means different game experience.

If someone played through KOTOR as a Dark Side force master, that means their experience probably included a lot of Force Storming giant groups of enemies to death. Playing as a different light-side class is going to be very different. Therefore, the argument can be made that there is actually more satisfaction out of replaying the game than re-watching a movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mr. White
High-quality meme, but dead wrong.
Legal Custodian
AG
Mr. White said:

High-quality meme, but dead wrong.

Obi-wans storyline and the Geonosis sequence is pretty decent.
First Page Last Page
Page 1077 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.