Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,612,969 Views | 45386 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by YouBet
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

Chipotlemonger said:

KOTOR would like a word with that comment
Ok, ok. That's $10 on steam right now. Problem is you have to run a bunch of mods to make it work or I already would have done it.

I can't get 1 to work with proper screen resolution for the life of me. Kotor 2 on the other hand works with minimal effort
redline248
AG
If it's on mobile platforms, you should be able to install an emulator on your pc to handle it.
maroon barchetta

Legal Custodian
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, that's a good point. But would have also played right into the idea of having The First Order be this thing the characters themselves don't yet know about/see for the first time in TFA.

Like, imagine if Ben Solo had disappeared as a kid after he attacked Luke/the academy. And Han, Leia, etc have no idea where he went or what happened to him. And then, years later, in TFA, a smaller, scrappier version of The First Order strikes for the first time - no one knows who they are or where they came from - but by the end of TFA, Kylo Ren, the leader of The First Order (under Snoke or whoever), is finally revealed to be Ben.
Man that would have been a bad ass way to go about it. How about this?

Start out with this original "towing" opening, and show like a sped-up time-lapse decay of the destroyer after it crashes showing time has passed since RoTJ. Maybe have a counter of the years at the bottom counting from 5 ABY to 30 ABY.

Cut away to some skirmish that is shown where a very apparent New Republic force/delegation is attacked/slaughtered (ala the opening of Game of Thrones with the white walkers and wights) where you're not sure exactly what you're seeing but it's bad and kinda scary and hints of a lightsaber/force user.

Then you bring in your characters, set the scene. Have two storylines going on simultaneously:

• One back in Coruscant at the dedication of the new senate chambers or something like that. (Brings in the prequels and makes you think "Oh great, we're going to be talking about taxes and trade embargos again).
  • While the other storyline is on the military side of things of a team brought in to chase down and find out what that attack was about. That storyline culminates with the team finding out the First Order exists and planned that small attack to get the itinerary or plans for whatever is going on in Coruscant.

As soon as they find out, they try to get word to Coruscant to warn them. Ultimately, they aren't fast enough. There's a huge explosion (think terrorist attack) aimed at Princess Leia and the Senate killing thousands. Chaos ensues.

The New Republic scrambles to figure out what is going on and sends a force led by Han (who takes it personal that someone tried to kill his wife) to hunt down the terrorists and find their motive. One thing leads to another and the First Order is revealed. Kylo is revealed at the end coming out of the shadows killing everything in his path and at the end force chokes Han and throws him off the ledge.

This introduces Kylo as a badass ruthless force user. Bookend the movie with a similar ceremony as New Hope but this time it's for Han's funeral. End the movie with Kylo reporting to his 'Master' that the revolution has started.

Sorry, I dragged on for a bit. The only thing I'm not sure I can introduce in this story is a force user like Rey. Easy for a Finn or Poe as they can be in the force that chases down the First Order. But can't find a way to introduce Luke or Rey. Unless you completely rewrite Luke and have him in Coruscant as the leader of the new Jedi Council. And they run into Rey who is like a stowaway on a ship. Rey connects to Han (showing his softer side and allowing the audience to connect to him emotionally making his brutal death even more shocking) and shows her raw power at the end after Han is killed. Luke feels it back on Coruscant of this new raw power.

EDIT: That ending gives you two cliff hangers: 1. That there is someone else even worse than this badass ruthless Sith. & 2. Rey has a ridiculous amount of midichlorians.
Legal Custodian
AG
Man, I'm sorry guys. I got carried away.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Not bad at all.
TCTTS
AG
maroon barchetta
Legal Custodian said:

That was brief compared to some of the posts on this board. No worries.
Legal Custodian
AG
I would break the acts up like this:

Act 1:
Secret attack of senate delegation to get the plans (provides a mystery)
Setting up Characters and the scene at Coruscant (introduce old characters, senate, and new Jedi Council)
Military operation to find out why a senate delegation is missing (Act one ends with team finding out the reason)

Act 2:
Luke sensing something is wrong and playing detective trying to figure why something is wrong in the force
The military team fight the First Order to get back to their ship to relay the message
Act 2 ends with the terrorist attack

Act 3:
Luke and Leia helping in recovery efforts
Military team heading out to find out source of the attack
Han discovering Rey
Confrontation with First Order and Kylo, Hans death, Rey's outburst
Movie ends with Han's funeral and Kylo reporting the revolution has started to his Master.
The Porkchop Express
AG
if you have a computer with a CD drive the original game works great!
AliasMan02
AG
I'm sure it's just a random new role but she'd make a convincing Hera.
Saxsoon
AG
Hera would be so good
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
The Porkchop Express
AG
Legal Custodian said:

That was almost as bad as that idiot who used to post his fan fiction on here.
YouBet
AG
bluefire579 said:

YouBet said:

Chipotlemonger said:

KOTOR would like a word with that comment
Ok, ok. That's $10 on steam right now. Problem is you have to run a bunch of mods to make it work or I already would have done it.
I've been able to run it on my PC in the past. Shouldn't need mods, just need to do a few adjustments in the config file. It's also on ioS and android, if you don't even want to do that much
Yeah, I don't play games on mobile. That sounds horrible.

I might try KOTOR2 on PC though.
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I'm sure it's just a random new role but she'd make a convincing Hera.
Do we have Sabine cast, yet?
AliasMan02
AG
Natasha Liu Bordizzo
C@LAg
You want a perfect example of why the High Republic initiative across books and comics is failing (poor sales for both the books ad the related comics)?

Here ya go....

"Buckets of Blood" Buck and Kantam Sy face off in a brutal, intense, ruthless… bake-off! Lightsabers and Jedi robes are put aside in favor of whisks and aprons as the two competitors bake Master Yoda's special pastry recipe. But the recipe requires one extra special ingredient: a story! "Buckets of Blood" and Kantam recount the tale of an epic battle as they whisk away, both hoping to win the prize of Padawan approval. Daniel Jos Older and Vita Ayala team up in this heart-warming one-shot. Plus, bake Master Yoda's pastries yourself, with the recipe included in the back!
tk for tu juan
TCTTS
AG
tk for tu juan

Just need someone to buy it and post the recipes
C@LAg
apparently they have coconuts and lemons in a galaxy far far away.

m.stat
AG
My daughter graduated With a Viz degree class of 20. She works for Aspyr Media and is working on an updated KOTOR now that should come out next year
Saxsoon
AG
TXAG 05
AG
Is that for real?
Malachi Constant
AG
m.stat said:

My daughter graduated With a Viz degree class of 20. She works for Aspyr Media and is working on an updated KOTOR now that should come out next year

This is really awesome!

Edit: if they need some beta testers I'm sure some on this thread would be interested!
YouBet
AG
C@LAg said:

You want a perfect example of why the High Republic initiative across books and comics is failing (poor sales for both the books ad the related comics)?

Here ya go....

"Buckets of Blood" Buck and Kantam Sy face off in a brutal, intense, ruthless… bake-off! Lightsabers and Jedi robes are put aside in favor of whisks and aprons as the two competitors bake Master Yoda's special pastry recipe. But the recipe requires one extra special ingredient: a story! "Buckets of Blood" and Kantam recount the tale of an epic battle as they whisk away, both hoping to win the prize of Padawan approval. Daniel Jos Older and Vita Ayala team up in this heart-warming one-shot. Plus, bake Master Yoda's pastries yourself, with the recipe included in the back!

Stupidly gay. The larger Star Wars universe outside of some select exceptions is dumb.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
They really need to tip headlong into gritty stories with real consequences... I want a "Dark Knight" or "ASOIAF" type of storytelling... not ... this cheesy BS
redline248
AG
Andor could be what you're looking for. I hope so, anyway
Duncan Idaho
Fingers crossed.
bluefire579
AG
https://www.polygon.com/22900609/respawn-entertainment-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-2-ea

Quote:

Apex Legends and Titanfall developer Respawn Entertainment is making three more games set in the Star Wars universe, publisher Electronic Arts and Lucasfilm Games announced Tuesday. In addition to a follow-up to 2019's single-player action-adventure Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Respawn also has a new first-person shooter and a strategy game based on Star Wars in the works.
The Collective
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Just need someone to buy it and post the recipes

HossAg
AG
A star wars FPS made by Respawn has my attention. Apex Legends has my favorite FPS shooter mechanics of all time.
bluefire579
AG
Apparently the studio working on the strategy game is a brand new one from former Firaxis devs, so a lot of relevant experience there as well.
Hagen95
AG
Star Wars Apex could be sweet for sure.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
bluefire579 said:

Apparently the studio working on the strategy game is a brand new one from former Firaxis devs, so a lot of relevant experience there as well.
Strategy like Rebellion / Masters of Orion? Or like StarCraft / Force Commander...?
First Page Last Page
Page 1076 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.