Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,613,520 Views | 45386 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by YouBet
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And it drives me nuts catering to people who choose to discuss upcoming Star Wars projects on a public message board, but make everyone else bend to their arbitrary rules and regulations. If you don't want to be "spoiled" by random, unsubstantiated rumors, don't post on a public message board. It's really that simple. The rest of us should be free to talk about stuff like this until it holds any kind of merit whatsoever or becomes an actual spoiler.
TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

The only things that belong in spoiler tags are "I just watched a movie y'all haven't seen yet, I can't believe Character A died!," and "Summer Blockbuster script has leaked and this key event is bonkers!"

Basically, this. "So-and-so MIGHT be appearing in one of TWO shows, even though said rumor is not even being reported on a site as bad as We Got This Covered," ISN'T a spoiler.
JCRiley09
AG
My time on the internet is pretty much limited to texags. So if Joe Schmo comes on here and says the internet says a character is returning, I have no way to gauge that validity except what I'm reading here. If that guy had told me Luke was coming back in mando, I'd be pissed.
TCTTS
AG
But the *idea* of Luke coming back was discussed here ad nauseam beforehand as a possibility. None of us thought it was remotely possible, but we discussed it a ton, and we didn't have to put it in spoiler tags every single time. This is just some offhanded rumor/idea, that holds about as much weight as our random discussions. I honestly don't know what hello is referring to when he says the "internet" because I can't find a single mention of it anywhere, not even on Twitter. And if I can't find it on Twitter, that's saying something.
Keegan99
AG
Realistically, the technology to de-age or map another face over a current actor is only going to get better, and it's likely to get better quickly. That opens the door for a ton of possibilities in the Star Wars universe.
TCTTS
AG
Finally found some chatter in the comments on a random thread in the Star Wars Leaks reddit. And if THIS is the source - which literally sources pure speculation and one of those sh*tty YouTube channels that's always wrong about things like Kathleen Kennedy being fired - then yeah, this is nothing at this point. hello might be able to provide further sources, but even the redditors are calling BS on this one.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I'm not sure I'm cool with my board abbreviation being "hello" going forward.

TCTTS
AG
Ok, fine. Then just…

Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Finally found some chatter in the comments on a random thread in the Star Wars Leaks reddit. And if THIS is the source - which literally sources pure speculation and one of those sh*tty YouTube channels that's always wrong about things like Kathleen Kennedy being fired - then yeah, this is nothing at this point. hello might be able to provide further sources, but even the redditors are calling BS on this one.

One of those sites like Pirates and Princesses Disney website or some bull****
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
The Collective
AG
Link the YouTube, love how these dudes always have a weird voice.
maroon barchetta
I Have Spoken said:

Link the YouTube, love how these dudes always have a weird voice.

Spending a long time in a basement has impact on your vocal chords.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

And it drives me nuts catering to people who choose to discuss upcoming Star Wars projects on a public message board, but make everyone else bend to their arbitrary rules and regulations. If you don't want to be "spoiled" by random, unsubstantiated rumors, don't post on a public message board. It's really that simple. The rest of us should be free to talk about stuff like this until it holds any kind of merit whatsoever or becomes an actual spoiler.
This coming from the guy that got mad at someone for posting Dune book "spoilers", in the Dune spoiler thread.

A book released in 1965.
Malachi Constant
AG
All I know is whenever there is a spoiler rules discussion on the e-board it's awesome!
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Nothing is "obvious" because it's an unsubstantiated RUMOR. And we talk about rumors here all the damn time. Besides, I can't even find a single mention of it. That's not to say it won't happen, but where do we draw the line? Why is this any more substantiated than me just pulling a name out of my ass?
FTR, I was kidding. I should have used an emoji.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

This coming from the guy that got mad at someone for posting Dune book "spoilers", in the Dune spoiler thread.

A book released in 1965.
TC just hit the wall, spoiled by the fate of Paul
200 Texags' posts a day, why don't they see it his way?

He's still preoccupied with 19, 19, 1965
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

A book released in 1965.

An adaptation is an adaptation. Makes zero difference if the book was written in 1965 or 2019. Game of Thrones book spoilers, for instance, weren't allowed in the main Game of Thrones threads. So the people who had read the books started their own threads. That's all I was asking you guys to do. Think it's weird all you want, but there are years and years of precedent here for it.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

A book released in 1965.

An adaptation is an adaptation. Makes zero difference if the book was written in 1965 or 2019. Game of Thrones book spoilers, for instance, weren't allowed in the main Game of Thrones threads. So the people who had read the books started their own threads. That's all I was asking you guys to do. Think it's weird all you want, but there are years and years of precedent here for it.
Do we need a play-only thread for the upcoming Tragedy of Macbeth movie?

How about a non-spoiler thread for the Kurt Warner movie "American Underdog" for people who taped but have not watched the 1999 Super Bowl yet?
PatAg
AG
THe only thing I ever have an issue with is posting actual leaked spoilers for something that isn't released. Shouldnt do that on this thread.
jokershady
AG
you want a spoiler?!?!?!?!? I'LL GIVE YOU A SPOILER!!!!!!!!

bruce willis was dead the whole time

brad pitt and edward norton are the same person

keyser soze is actually a sexual predator

jokershady
AG
in other news.....a lot more cancellations are coming out for Galaxy's Edge star cruiser hotel....which really sucks! I wanted this thing to be great and while I can't drop what I'm doing and afford to take my family, it was something to look forward to and save for at some point to go experience.

all these dates were fully booked....now check out how much is available from cancellations only after a few weeks (scroll down almost to the bottom): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/planning/
Chipotlemonger
AG
why does that suck?
wangus12
AG
My assumption would be people are canceling because of Covid right?
sburg2007
The reviews are hammering it.
double aught
AG
sburg2007 said:

The reviews are hammering it.
But they're all based solely on a promotional video, right?
sburg2007
That I don't know. I'm assuming the coin it costs, folks aren't impressed with what they've seen.
C@LAg
sburg2007 said:

That I don't know. I'm assuming the coin it costs, folks aren't impressed with what they've seen.
it is utterly unimpressive for the ridiculous price they are asking.

would rather take the family to Hawaii or Portugal and it would still be cheaper and a better experience based on the pro and anti- videos about it.
sburg2007
That's what I think most folks are thinking.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Disney in general is being driven into the ground by Bob Paycheck
The Porkchop Express
AG
I think a lot of people are missing out on the fact that these sort of cancelations are a part of the disney experience. People grab reservations for hotels, sit down meals, and other experiences all the time, then hold them and constantly recheck the website to try and get something better - often a better date for their trip. We were there last month and my wife switched our hotel 3 times. Then we got a free upgrade and switched again. Plus there's the thing about you can only get a 100% refund on your money 90+ days out.

The idea that people saw a cheesecake video that was up 24 hours and went into mass cancelation sounds even more fake than the dummy reporting the solo rumor above.
jokershady
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

why does that suck?
sucks because I wanted this to be amazing! The idea and concept behind was an incredible one and had me intrigued from the start.

But I agree with the fans that the promotional materials that have came out for this has been very underwhelming. I have a family of 5 and there's just no way I'd ever consider paying what they'd be asking for a family of my size to do this based on what's come out.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
TCTTS said:

But the *idea* of Luke coming back was discussed here ad nauseam beforehand as a possibility. None of us thought it was remotely possible, but we discussed it a ton, and we didn't have to put it in spoiler tags every single time. This is just some offhanded rumor/idea, that holds about as much weight as our random discussions. I honestly don't know what hello is referring to when he says the "internet" because I can't find a single mention of it anywhere, not even on Twitter. And if I can't find it on Twitter, that's saying something.

Dude. Phrasing.
oragator
For fun.

oragator
And then eventually this.

twilly
AG
First Look at The Book of Boba Fett

About 40 seconds of continuous footage. Nothing earth shattering.

C@LAg
https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/star-wars-the-book-of-boba-fett-boba-fett-ornament-2499QXI7632.html

First Page Last Page
Page 1071 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.