Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,308 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Mandalorian looks like everything about SW that truly made me love it as a kid. Was never big on the Skywalker story, the Jedi/Sith, etc. It was the look and feel of the SW universe. The gritty, wild west nature of it. The Empire and the Rebels. Bounty Hunters, smugglers, criminal cartels. This looks amazing. Pedro was a fantastic choice.
The Collective
AG
The intro video for TCW panel is pretty hype.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Execute order 66.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sitting at TPM panel now. They're going hard with the 90s hits.
The Collective
AG
Alright, now I'm a little pissed that you are still experiencing Star Wars greatness.

redline248
AG
Emperor with the Whataburger order is the greatest cosplay, ever
Duncan Idaho
Agree. To me the Skywalker's were a way to tell storirs about the universe, not the reason for telling those stories.

Never really cared for all of the family connections. Luke and Vader, fine that worked. Luke and Leia being twins was stupid that was compounded by having her be Vader's kid.

Ag Since 83
AG
So here's something I got yesterday at a panel about the cantina scene. Apparently they filmed a much bloodier version of Ponda Baba's demise...

R-rated Star Wars, anyone?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

So here's something I got yesterday at a panel about the cantina scene. Apparently they filmed a much bloodier version of Ponda Baba's demise...

That punk had it coming.
Flashdiaz
AG
that guys butt mouth still makes me giggle.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hey, I was there too. Great panel.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
At the airport, on the way home. Had a blast this entire weekend. Didn't sleep much so I'm looking forward to sleeping.

Got a good set of random pictures that I'll try to post on here tomorrow.
Duncan Idaho
Ag Since 83 said:

Ben should have learned to take a compliment. A nice architect compliments Luke's haircut and gets his arm cut off.

Ag Since 83
AG
Celebration is back in Anaheim next year
twilly
AG
Just announced, Celebration next year in Anaheim. No dates given, just location.

Actually it was announced three minutes ago.
:-)
The Collective
AG
This made me laugh. My kid is in first grade. He told me a buddy was asking him questions about Star Wars. Another kid, he claims the kid is a liar, says he knows everything about Star Wars. My son counters with this question, was Darth Tyranus ever on the light side?

What the hell? I've failed my son; his sex life is over before he even hits puberty.
redline248
AG
I legit just laughed out loud. Don't worry, there are more and more nerd girls these days. Hot ones, too. He'll be alright.
Liquid Wrench
How does anyone know that?
The Collective
AG
I had to Google it after he told me that, and then remembered it was Dooku, I think... confusion AOTC storyline be damned.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
CJS4715 said:

I had to Google it after he told me that, and then remembered it was Dooku, I think... confusion AOTC storyline be damned.

I feel like it's a trick question. Dooku became Tyranus, but as Tyranus he wasn't on the light side.
TCTTS
AG
Save for the Johnson of it all, this is fantastic news. Not just the hiatus, which we already knew, but the fact that they're actually going to take a break to PLAN the story - or STORIES, rather - for the next decade, and that the Game of Thrones guys are going to be integral part of facilitating that plan. All in on this.
The Collective
AG
For those who give Johnson a pass due to TFA, remember he introduced flying Leia, crank call Poe, & teet milking Luke.
TCTTS
AG
I actually think Johnson will be able to tell a pretty compelling story and come up with some good characters now that he's free to create from scratch. But yeah, his humor is TERRIBLE. Everything you mentioned, in addition to Luke tossing the lightsaber off the cliff and then brushing off his shoulder late in the movie... it wasn't all just bad, it was stuff that took me right out of the movie. Most of it felt so contemporary, in the worst way.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Recent rumors suggested that Benioff and Weiss' Star Wars films could be set in The Old Republic,
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
twilly
AG

Decent video of the Mandalorian footage shown at Celebration.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Urban Ag
AG
CJS4715 said:

This made me laugh. My kid is in first grade. He told me a buddy was asking him questions about Star Wars. Another kid, he claims the kid is a liar, says he knows everything about Star Wars. My son counters with this question, was Darth Tyranus ever on the light side?

What the hell? I've failed my son; his sex life is over before he even hits puberty.
Let me jump in here broseph.

Yeah, that's a tad on the side of nerdy but if I recall, Tryanus was Dooku right? If so, you're still in your lane cause that was in the movies and not all the books, EU, games, uber nerdy stuff. I think you're ok. Chalk it up to your kiddo having a big brain and absorbing info like a sponge.

To counter, back up your nerdiness with manly pursuits and actions and make sure he sees it. For example, I packed lunches this morning (which my wife loves so she can spend more time on hair and makeup and princess stuff). Right before she left to drop the boys at school on her way to work I kissed her on the neck and grabbed her ass, in front of the boys. This is important for their development. Even if they "geez dad come on" just roll with it.

The dark side, the light, the balance. All good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
twilly said:

Decent video of the Mandalorian footage shown at Celebration.
This looks so ****ing badass. Like, proper bad ass.

I can't wait.

(Also, it's nice to see the awesomeness of that armor finally get justified.)
Duncan Idaho
I LOVE all of the throw backs to the holiday special. Is that going to be made cannon?
bearamedic99
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Quote:

Recent rumors suggested that Benioff and Weiss' Star Wars films could be set in The Old Republic,

So stories set long, long ago could now be told longer, longer ago?
Render
AG
C@LAg said:

I am just tired of Star wars movies period.

They lost the thread and I still think it will be hard to fix with Ep IX.

if they are really doing the Old Republic, I would prefer that it was done as a TV series a la Game of Thrones. 13 episode seasons. $100/MM budget (cheaper than a movie.

Would be awesome.

Sure D&D do not want to dive into that again, but I can dream of such a thing.

I wish they'd stop making movies, too. The SW story concluded nicely with ROTJ. You don't need anything else.

It's like how Breaking Bad ended great, but they keep watering down the legacy with endless Saul seasons.

But since they're going to make movies regardless, I want them to go far into the future. I do not want Old Republic movies. That territory has already been explored. I want something remarkable and new, set in the distant future of SW.

As much as I hated his movie, Rian Johnson seems like the only one at Disney who would have the guts to do something completely new.
double aught
AG
Quote:

It's like how Breaking Bad ended great, but they keep watering down the legacy with endless Saul seasons
Really? I think it's one of the best shows on TV.
hurleyag
AG
Render said:

C@LAg said:

I am just tired of Star wars movies period.

They lost the thread and I still think it will be hard to fix with Ep IX.

if they are really doing the Old Republic, I would prefer that it was done as a TV series a la Game of Thrones. 13 episode seasons. $100/MM budget (cheaper than a movie.

Would be awesome.

Sure D&D do not want to dive into that again, but I can dream of such a thing.

I wish they'd stop making movies, too. The SW story concluded nicely with ROTJ. You don't need anything else.

It's like how Breaking Bad ended great, but they keep watering down the legacy with endless Saul seasons.

But since they're going to make movies regardless, I want them to go far into the future. I do not want Old Republic movies. That territory has already been explored. I want something remarkable and new, set in the distant future of SW.

As much as I hated his movie, Rian Johnson seems like the only one at Disney who would have the guts to do something completely new.
Wait, what?
First Page Last Page
Page 813 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.