Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,425 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
DB Coach
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

This has probably been posted, but one of the better fan edits I've seen:

That is AWESOME!
Ag Since 83
AG
So they're replacing Omar with the Unabomber?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12 said:

Late response, been away a few days, but this is amazing.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Lucasfilm is officially a sh*t show.

We all wanted this, so many people jokingly predicted it, but I never thought it'd actually happen.

This now makes The Last Jedi the ONLY Disney Star Wars movie so far out of FIVE that hasn't seen some kind of major creative personnel change on the writing/directing side either in pre-production or production.

Crazy.
AliasMan02
AG
Odds they just keep Rian on to do it? Pretty good, right?
TCTTS
AG
Would make the most sense, but according to Johnson, he's had next to no input on the script so far, and they have to start shooting in January. That doesn't leave a ton of time to "make it his own," so to speak - and I'm pretty sure he's exclusively only directed projects he's written so far - but who knows.
MandoArms
What about Gareth Edwards?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I doubt they go back to that well, considering he basically had to be replaced on the reshoots for Rogue One (though he was a good sport about it and involved until the end).
TCTTS
AG
Hell, at this point just have Ron Howard roll right into IX after Han Solo.
Simplebay
AG
woohoo.

thank goodness for this
TCTTS
AG
Looks like JJ's name is being thrown around again too. He made a promise to his wife, though, that he wouldn't do any more sequels/franchises, so I'd say it's a long shot.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that script issues have continued to be the continuing sore spot with Episode IX's development with Trevorrow having had repeated stabs at multiple drafts. In August, Jack Thorne, the British scribe who wrote the upcoming Julia Roberts-Jacob Tremblay movie Wonder, was tapped to work.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

One intriguing potential replacement would be Patty Jenkins, who still hasn't closed her deal to direct Wonder Woman 2. It sure would be interesting if she handed that superhero sequel off to someone else to make Star Warshistory as the franchise's first female filmmaker. I don't really see that happening, but it's certainly odd that Warner Bros. hasn't officially announced that Jenkins will return yet.
TCTTS
AG
Out of the names I've seen mentioned so far I'd have to go with, in order...

1. Rian Johnson
2. Abrams
3. Michelle MacLaren
4. Ron Howard
5. Ava DuVernay

Abrams can't write for sh*t, but with a story/script already close to being locked, all he'd have to do is direct, and he's at least damn good at that. Still, I'd put Johnson ahead of him (for now). I'm seeing a lot people throwing out a few female candidates as well, which could be cool, as MacLaren, especially, is a seasoned Game of Thrones / Breaking Bad / Westworld vet, and could really kill it.

Still, I have a feeling it actually won't be any of the names above and instead someone currently off the radar but ultimately a no-brainer.
TCTTS
AG
Of course, there's still time for David Fincher to circle back as well (he had a meeting on TFA, but talks never went any further than that).
Ag Since 83
AG
Oh, so Kathleen Kennedy finally got around to watching Jurassic World I guess

Or maybe it was just a conspiracy between her and her husband to keep Trevorrow from directing JW2
redline248
AG
Until Disney makes a really bad Star Wars movie, I don't give 2 sh-ts what they do with rewrites and director changes.
AliasMan02
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Oh, so Kathleen Kennedy finally got around to watching Jurassic World I guess

Or maybe it was just a conspiracy between her and her husband to keep Trevorrow from directing JW2

I know that was a joke but it does kinda seem like she might be a little disconnected. She had no idea how off the rails Han Solo was, either.
redline248
AG
Maybe she doesn't want to micro manage?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jesus, what the hell is going on at Lucasfilm...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's a totally random, out of left field choice -

Peter Jackson?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Lord of the Rings Jackson or The Hobbit Jackson?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That is the question, isn't it?

Coin flip. But if you get LOTR PJ?

He's also a huge fan.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Story I read is that Gareth texted PJ the day they were shooting Vader. He replied "I'll be there in 10 minutes."

Plus, if you want somebody you know can be a true "general" and can lead a massive production with little to no oversight, not many better choices than that not named Spielberg.
TCTTS
AG
I might take LOTR Jackson. Definite pass on King Kong / Hobbit Jackson. Either way, he has to agree to get tased for every CGI shot he uses over a pre-determined allotment.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Lord of the Rings Jackson or The Hobbit Jackson?

King Kong Jackson
TCTTS
AG
Unfortunately, Spielberg will likely be promoting Ready Player One starting in February/March. With a potential Jan/Feb Oscar push for The Post around then as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My dream choices at this point:

1. Peter Jackson (50/50 shot you get pure brilliance)
2. Christopher Nolan
3. Steven Spielberg
TCTTS
AG
The correct answer is clearly The Lovely Bones Jackson.
Belton Ag
AG
What about Denis Villenueve? I watched the short doc about the making of Close Encounters before that movie started the past weekend and he was featured in it alongside JJ Abrams talking about how it influenced him as a filmmaker. I know there's a big difference between Star Wars and CETK, but it establishes at least his interest in big space/fantasy films (not to mention directing Arrival).
Ag Since 83
AG
Was Jackson the one who visiting Rogue One was telling Gareth how everything in the scene could be done with green screen and Gareth was like "so, not really what we are going for..."
Ag Since 83
AG
TCTTS said:

Now that is funny
First Page Last Page
Page 612 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.