Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,893 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I fully expect the author of that article to claim he invented the question mark.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I bet he has a penchant for buggery, too.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
So Mace Windu is still alive?????
Duncan Idaho
quote:
So Mace Windu is still alive?????
when they brought back Maul, they declared that anyone could be alive. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a certain Tauntaun come back in a future movie.
The Collective
AG
I bet he survived this one too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What post are you referring to?
The Collective
AG
quote:
What post are you referring to?

Search Mace Windu on the twitterverse.
tamusc
AG
quote:
I bet he survived this one too.

NSFW language
jr15aggie
AG
Checks thread for new trailer or something... Finds nothing.

"Ok, see y'all later!"
maca1028
Right, I see 35 replies, must be a new Rogue One trailer
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, I wouldn't expect any news/media of substance 'til Celebration, which is the weekend of July 15th. My guess is we'll get...

- Some kind of Rogue One video (I doubt it'll be a trailer - maybe a clip or featurette)
- An Episode VIII behind-the-scenes featurette
- The official Episode VIII title
- The official Han Solo spin-off title

... among other, smaller news tidbits. Point is, if you see a lot of replies at once before then, someone (like me) either accidentally posted a mild spoiler and people are pissed, B) another prequel argument just broke out, or C) Brian's mom posted another Chewbacca video. Those are really the only scenarios at this point.
AMW2010
AG
Stumbled on this ..... Instead of sleeping..well you can guess...

The Collective
AG
Saw that ****ty band that was added with the re-release and said, "nope".
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hey, screw you buddy.
TCTTS
AG
I kid, I kid.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We good. Don't forget to use the passive-aggression smiley.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We got ourselves a Star Wars final.

Jason Ag
AG
quote:
If you see a lot of replies at once before then, someone (like me) either accidentally posted a mild spoiler and people are pissed, B) another prequel argument just broke out, or C) Brian's mom posted another Chewbacca video. Those are really the only scenarios at this point.

Spoiler alert! Now I can't enjoy reading this thread!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Just when I think it's been too quite and I need some more Star Wars in my life, this comes out. I'll speculate wildly.

Panaka or Typho seem like the most obvious. He seems a little old to be Kyle Katarn IMO. He's also too old to be Zare Leonis from Rebels.

I'm going to throw out a really wild possibility: Saw Gerrera of Onderon from TCW.

You beat me to it, I think this has to be it. After all, he was basically the OG Rebel.
Forest Whitaker Character Confirmed: SPOILER
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Just when I think it's been too quite and I need some more Star Wars in my life, this comes out. I'll speculate wildly.

Panaka or Typho seem like the most obvious. He seems a little old to be Kyle Katarn IMO. He's also too old to be Zare Leonis from Rebels.

I'm going to throw out a really wild possibility: Saw Gerrera of Onderon from TCW.

You beat me to it, I think this has to be it. After all, he was basically the OG Rebel.
Forest Whitaker Character Confirmed: SPOILER

Testing the waters for an Ahsoka movie I see...
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'd bet we see her in live action sooner rather than later. I don't think she is well enough known to warrant her own spinoff movie outside of Rebels and TCW audiences though.
fig96
AG
quote:
I'd bet we see her in live action sooner rather than later. I don't think she is well enough known to warrant her own spinoff movie outside of Rebels and TCW audiences though.
She's not at this point, but if they start expanding the universe and giving stories to more minor characters I think she's a good candidate. She's an interesting character with a cool background, and I'd imagine tons of kids coming into prime Star Wars age know who she is.
Ulrich
Great article, thanks for posting
TCTTS
Duncan Idaho
So you want a teenage angst movie set in the star wars universe
hunter2012
AG
quote:

A grown Ahsoka surviving the purge or in the rebellion would make for an excellent movie.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I don't think her character would translate well to live action. At least not as a central character. The amount of CGi / Makeup required would be tremendous and off-putting.

But I do have an actress in mind to play her...

Emilia Clark

Or

Eline Powell (fake Sansa with the greats boobs)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Eline Powell
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
quote:

A grown Ahsoka surviving the purge or in the rebellion would make for an excellent movie.

Watch Rebels
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

I agree. I think she was the best thing that come out of Clone Wars. Honestly, she might have been the only good thing to come out of the Clone Wars and I hated her at the beginning
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Eline Powell

Yeah that's her: NSFW
AliasMan02
AG
Time is pretty short for an Ahsoka movie. We have her story in TCW and Rebels, and her book will bridge that gap. In order to not tread on Luke's legacy, she kinda needs to be dead by the time ANH rolls around. For her not to appear in Rogue One, she kinda needs to be dead by then as well, as she would be the natural fit to play a role.

If there were to be an Ahsoka movie, it would really have to take place in the aftermath of her duel with Vader and feature a mission related to her confirmation of his identity. A movie about Vader and Ahsoka hunting each other has potential, except that the outcome is a foregone conclusion.
The Collective
AG
My only regret is that I have but one blue star to give.

Don't watch GOT, so thanks for the introduction.
AliasMan02
AG
I think she's definitely the best thing to come out of the Clone Wars, but Obi-Wan's stories were always great as well. And the show made me somewhat care about Anakin, which I at one time thought impossible.
Duncan Idaho
Thank God no one knew how Titanic was going to end. Or rogue one
First Page Last Page
Page 441 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.