Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,887,958 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Lol. I haven't seen avatar.

Worse than TPM.
It was a decent movie when it came out the first time as Disney's Pocahontas
wangus12
AG
quote:
Marqee Edwards is having a Star Wars Marathon before the release. Starts at 4am and costs like $55 a person

Cinemark starts at 3am and is $50
The Collective
AG
That is way too early to watch the prequels. I'd be ready to kill myself by the time I see a little Rodian cheering on Ani in the podrace.

Are marathons being shown in numerical order? At least, you'd be able to tell yourself that it is going to get better.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
That is way too early to watch the prequels. I'd be ready to kill myself by the time I see a little Rodian cheering on Ani in the podrace.

You don't talk that way about Boonta Eve!
Texaggie7nine
Yes. starts at 1.
7nine
jr15aggie
AG
Hearing the VERY well placed Han/Leia Love theme in this trailer was really powerful for me. It made me realize that whenever Han does go out (I have no idea for all you spoiler fiends), I hope Leia is by his side and they go out together fighting the good fight. This could also be an even more powerful moment if they do indeed have a kid or kids in play in here.

PS: Last I saw the trailer count on the star wars youtube channel was right at 13 million. Boom!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I know it's a random thing to want to see, but anyone think we'll see Coruscant in TFA or in VIII and IX?
wangus12
AG
Its been 30 minutes.........

*Rushes to the computer to watch new trailer*
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I know it's a random thing to want to see, but anyone think we'll see Coruscant in TFA or in VIII and IX?
Nope.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Only if Ric Olie is there to explain it to us.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The entire planet's one big city.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

HTML5 link (much faster loading)
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
The entire planet's one big city.
A great way to enjoy the prequels more is to imagine Ric Olie doing commentary during key scenes.

TPM
Hey, that guy with the devil horns has two lightsabers together, like a DOUBLE lightsaber!

AOTC
Hey Anakin, your mom is dead!
Ouch, getting your hand cut off hurts!
Shhh! Jar Jar is giving an important speech!

ROTS
Chancellor Palpatine sure wants Anakin to leave Obi-wan behind!
Whoa! There goes Kit Fisto's severed head!
Yikes, someone left the oven on at the Jedi Temple!

whiskey02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Is it going to be good? Yes.

Is it worth buying tickets two months in advance to put up with massive crowds, retardation, and probably violence in some theaters? Hell no.

Ill go see it a week or two later.
violence at Star Wars movie? doubt it.

and there's reserved seating with printed tickets so the long lines will only be at the concession stands.

You are delusional. You cant pack that many folks in that many small places and not expect idiocy to occur.

Just bought my tickets for Sunday morning. Shouldn't be too many stabbings going on.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

Worse than TPM.

Wrong
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Worse than TPM.

Wrong
I'll take Jar Jar Binks over Sam Worthington any day.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Let's be honest, as awesome as the original Star Wars is/was, it wasn't exactly a beacon of originality either. The great thing about it was Lucas combining all of his influences in a really cool way.
jr15aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ha! I swear, on about the third or fourth watch of the trailer, the thought came into my head, "I wonder how they'd react if he told him who really brought down the Empire."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good God.

This movie broke the Fandango first day sales record. EIGHT TIMES OVER.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/10/20/star-wars-the-force-awakens-ticket-sales-smash-records/
twilly
AG
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Shatters Ticket Sales Records
The Collective
AG
quote:
Movietickets.com reported that 95% of the tickets it has sold in the last 24 hours were for "The Force Awakens."

Well, what choice did I have? They weren't offering the Chipmunks on their website yet. I had to buy something.
jackie childs
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Worse than TPM.

Wrong
imagine a movie like avatar where instead of avatars that look/act like the nav'i, Sam Worthington occupies an avatar that looks like a Gungan...you could throw in Affleck and j-lo in supporting roles just to make sure it's the worst thing ever created
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Worse than TPM.

Wrong
imagine a movie like avatar where instead of avatars that look/act like the nav'i, Sam Worthington occupies an avatar that looks like a Gungan...you could throw in Affleck and j-lo in supporting roles just to make sure it's the worst thing ever created
Get Michael Bay to direct it and I'm in.
PascalsWager
AG
Frank Caliendo was amazing this morning. The Kiper and Stephen A Smith were the best.

The Collective
AG
Stephen A is amazing.
OnlyForNow
AG
It's already made 6.5 million in PRE-SALE.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Frank Caliendo was amazing this morning. The Kiper and Stephen A Smith were the best.

Blue Parachute for Mel Kiper's analysis of Chewbacca "playing bigger than he is"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Assuming they count Thursday showings towards opening day gross (which they usually do), does anyone think this has a shot to beat HP's $91m opening day?

The big thing it's got going against it is the date. Most kids are still in school, right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fantastic.
jabberwalkie09
AG
So I may have missed this at some point in the discussion, but I was just thinking that perhaps this movie isn't so much about finding Luke. Rather the plot revolves more around Rey finding herself and figuring out where she is really from, and that Luke ends up being a part of that journey. And the film involves her more or less getting caught up in something bigger than her, that the Force pulls her into.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

quote:
Rather the plot revolves more around Rey finding herself and figuring out where she is really from

So it's a romantic comedy starring Sandra Bullock?
powerbelly
jabberwalkie09
AG
Hey man it was just an idea that popped into my head today when thinking about how exactly Rey plays into this whole thing. Finn, Han, Poe, Leia, Chewie, and Kylo make sense. Rey's reason for getting involved or caught up in everything must have been missed by me.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
Assuming they count Thursday showings towards opening day gross (which they usually do), does anyone think this has a shot to beat HP's $91m opening day?

The big thing it's got going against it is the date. Most kids are still in school, right?

It's a certainty.
First Page Last Page
Page 221 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.