Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,730 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Interesting...

http://filmschoolrejects.com/features/why-disney-may-not-screen-star-wars-the-force-awakens-for-critics.php

I don't get why this is a surprising to anyone.

The movie has more buzz than it can handle. At least one person will let some spoiler slip. The movie most likely won't suck and even if it did, it wold still open huge.

There is absolutely no upside to doing a screening and only the potential of ruining a big moment for any opening night fans.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yup. Not the least bit surprised about it. What I do find more surprising is that it's not a simultaneous worldwide release on the same day.
MGS
quote:
quote:
69?

what did she do, sneak in and cut off the head from the corpse after Obi-Wan killed him?
Didn't Grevious kill her in a deleted scene in Revenge of the Sith?
Duncan Idaho
I kind of wish they would do a simultaneous release around the globe.

Sure that would mean some places would be showing at 3:00 in the morning but it would still sell out.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
69?

what did she do, sneak in and cut off the head from the corpse after Obi-Wan killed him?
Didn't Grevious kill her in a deleted scene in Revenge of the Sith?
Considering she's in Star Wars Rebels, I doubt it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Shaak Ti gets killed twice in ROTS deleted scenes then gets killed in The Force Unleashed.

Grievious kills her in the first one, with Anakin and Obi-Wan using it as an excuse for a funny one-liner, which I guess even George Lucas thought was too ridiculous to leave in. Not sure why Shaak Ti was cool just sitting on the floor doing nothing waiting to be executed, not exactly "guardian of the republic" behavior.

Then, Darth Vader, having been Darth Vader for about 25 minutes, kills her in the Jedi Temple, where she is again just sitting there meditating, even though the Clonetroopers have just kicked down the door to the Jedi Temple and are walking around killing everyone.

And may I just add again how extraordinarily lame that they didn't make an enormous action sequence of the Clones and Vader vs. the Jedi defending the temple

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Then, Darth Vader, having been Darth Vader for about 25 minutes, kills her in the Jedi Temple.
I've never seen this in the deleted scenes. Do you link a link?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
Then, Darth Vader, having been Darth Vader for about 25 minutes, kills her in the Jedi Temple.
I've never seen this in the deleted scenes. Do you link a link?
I love to link a link!

It's at the 1:30 mark, and yes Daily Motion still exists.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs4d77_star-wars-episode-iii-deleted-scenes-anakin-kills-shaak-ti_shortfilms
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Preciate the link link.

SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks. I assumed the picture was relevant to the number 69, as I've been doing with my posts.

So that Jedi temple clip, damn. Cold blooded. Wonder why they took that out, would've been a great little scene.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Malachi Constant
Malachi Constant
AG
Duncan Idaho
I didnt make it past the first scene but Holy crap that was horrible.

Please tell me that was an snl spoof. I can't believe the jedi were signaling to steal home.

And I hope it was just because it wasn't finished but the droids and environment looked worse than an asylum movie.

*funny that autocorrect on my android phone corrected droid to druids
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Most of those scenes have unfinished CGI, they just block things in to show frame of reference.

I actually thought the scenes with Bail Organa/Mon Mothma, and the one where they present their request to Palpatine with Anakin standing right there would have been really good additions to the final film, along with the missing scenes from the attack on the Jedi temple and Yoda's arrival on Dagobah.

If they could have cut out Anakin and Obi-Wan swinging on oddly-convenient ropes and doing synchronized lightsaber spinning - cut the duel's visual effects down in favor of more dialogue between the two, could have freed up some time for a few more interesting scenes; oh well!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

AgMarauder04
AG
Farmer1906
AG
So beautiful, now what am I looking at?
TCTTS
AG
Is that fan art, pre-production art, or what? Context, man, context!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fan art. You can see the artist's sig.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
You gotta start posting FAN ART at the top of these posts, bro.

Cuz it's kinda like

BOBA FETT IS REVEALED TO BE OBI-WAN KENOBI IN DISGUISE

DARTH VADER'S TIE FIGHTER IS IN THE FORCE AWAKENS

LUKE FIGHTS 98 SITH BY HIMSELF

By the way, these are fan rumors.
TCTTS
AG
Artists sign their official pre-pro art as well sometimes.
TCTTS
AG
RUMOR: Lucasfilm May Be Considering Michael B. Jordan For The New BOBA FETT
jeffk
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So... It's not Boba Fett. Ok.
jeffk
AG
I like MBJ, but that's just dumb. If you want him in a movie as a bounty hunter, invent a bounty hunter character for him to play.
TCTTS
AG
Outside of Rogue One - which looks and sounds amazing - I'm really starting to worry about the other spin-offs in general. A young Han Solo movie is a disaster waiting to happen, and this sounds even worse. Boba Fett looks cool and that's it. Otherwise, he's boring as sh*t. I don't want to see the Temuera Morrison version, and I definitely don't want to see not-Boba-Fett Boba Fett. Lucas ruined the character in the prequels. Just leave him in for dead in the damn pit.
jeffk
AG
Why not let MBJ play a young Obi wan... or Darth Maul.... or Yoda?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Aftermath strongly suggests that Fett's armor ends up in the hands of a self-styled lawman. That's a story concept that's made for Star Wars.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

Aftermath strongly suggests that Fett's armor ends up in the hands of a self-styled lawman. That's a story concept that's made for Star Wars.

Where did you get that from? Only thing I got from aftermath was bad punctuation. You have to do some serious reading between the lines to get anything significant from that snore fest.

PS: I know the scene you are referencing... Could be a cool nod to Boba, but in the same sense extremely insulting. If he really is dead and his armor winds up on a Jawa barge, they really should make a big deal outta it instead of just hinting.... Boba deserves more than that!
AgMarauder04
AG
Anthology should be war films. Good Gawd, Michael Stackpole GAVE them so much amazing stories to use in the Rogue and Wraith Squadron books!!
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Where did you get that from? Only thing I got from aftermath was bad punctuation. You have to do some serious reading between the lines to get anything significant from that snore fest.

PS: I know the scene you are referencing... Could be a cool nod to Boba, but in the same sense extremely insulting. If he really is dead and his armor winds up on a Jawa barge, they really should make a big deal outta it instead of just hinting.... Boba deserves more than that!

I think maybe you missed the point of the interludes.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Shaak Ti gets killed twice in ROTS deleted scenes then gets killed in The Force Unleashed.

Grievious kills her in the first one, with Anakin and Obi-Wan using it as an excuse for a funny one-liner, which I guess even George Lucas thought was too ridiculous to leave in. Not sure why Shaak Ti was cool just sitting on the floor doing nothing waiting to be executed, not exactly "guardian of the republic" behavior.

Then, Darth Vader, having been Darth Vader for about 25 minutes, kills her in the Jedi Temple, where she is again just sitting there meditating, even though the Clonetroopers have just kicked down the door to the Jedi Temple and are walking around killing everyone.

And may I just add again how extraordinarily lame that they didn't make an enormous action sequence of the Clones and Vader vs. the Jedi defending the temple

Why the **** is there open fuel tanks on a spaceship like that? Why does it have free surface effects? Why is there open electrical arc's just above the fuels surface (they are worried about shooting for god's sake)? This is Galaxy Quest absurd...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I always thought of Boba Fett as Star Wars' Batman... he uses technology, he's a thinker, he's a "gray" character, he can fight, he has a mysterious past, and he has nemsis(es)...
First Page Last Page
Page 196 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.