Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,889,211 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I almost wish there was no trailer or nothing shown in the trailer at this point. We are so close, and I feel like I know very little. I'd like it to stay that way, but I don't have the self control to avoid the trailer or people's commentary on it.

I doubt the trailer shows very much. I'd be surprised if we got more than three lines of dialogue.
wangus12
AG
I think we've all agreed that the trailer will mostly be the same footage we've already seen.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
That's pretty gay

No, that was VERY gay.

So glad Campbell's & Star Wars are force (pun intended) feeding (pun intended) us gay rights propoganda!
double aught
AG
quote:
This is probably the best thread that exists for Star Wars on the whole internet.
This. You guys are impressive.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed. Probably my favorite thread on this board ever.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Agreed. Probably my favorite thread on this board ever.
What's awesome is the spoiler thread completely went away. It was a fun read a year ago when wild speculation was being tossed around. It's very apparent most of that stuff was completely wrong. This has been a fun and very pleasant thread.

Will be interesting when the movie week is here and screenings and early European viewings start becoming public. Definitely going to be abandon ship time!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dayum.

I mentioned this a while ago, but I bet if there is a Battle of Jakku flashback in TFA, this is exactly how Luke will be shown during the battle, imo. Just destroying everything in his path.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Luke should really wear a scarf of something.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I think we've all agreed that the trailer will mostly be the same footage we've already seen.

I certainly haven't. The final trailer will absolutely be filled with new footage.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'll admit, I know it is Battlefront but the thought that initially popped into my mind was "Hey it's Ant-Man with a lightsaber!"
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:

I certainly haven't. The final trailer will absolutely be filled with new footage.
I hate you
The Collective
AG
quote:
quote:

See guys
double aught
AG
What am I missing?
TCTTS
AG
I honestly have no clue.
The Collective
AG
The part where I said that I'd like to avoid seeing anything else about the film, but do not have the self-control to avoid trailers & discussion about them.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
OK, let's play "What I'd like to see in the trailer." - just one or two things - and try not to be too spoiler-y if you know or think you know spoilers.

I'll start.

1) A look at either Serkis, von Sydow, or Lupita's character
2) Han and Leia in the same room

As one of my twin girls gets more and more into Star Wars at the adorable age of 3 (Jar Jar Banks lives underwater like Ariel; Daddy, does Luke save the day? And Yoda? Is Yoda a hero too? Is Chewbacca Princess Leia's sister? Oh, who's on that ship? Is Akdar a fish? First we listen to Darth Vader's music, then Luke and Yoda and R2D2 and Obi Kenobi; is that the Emperor? And he's mean? They're both mean?), I find myself sad that this will be the first Star Wars movie without my favorite character, Obi-Wan Kenobi. I hope there's a reference somewhere to him.

This cheers me up, however.

TCTTS
AG
I really just want to see one or two great shots from a scene (or scenes) that hasn't been rumored yet. A really cool shot or two of an unseen action sequence would be great as well. And then maybe just a hint more about the story overall, but not too much.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Would like to see:

The whole movie.
VanZandt92
Still on blackout here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But seriously, I don't necessarily want to see plot or even dialogue, just want to see some cool ****.

A shot or two of the Battle of Jakku. Han flying the Falcon. A space battle. A glimpse of Leia and Snoke. Kylo and Phasma kicking ass.

And I'd love the last shot of the trailer to be Luke. Probably won't show his face, but just show us his silhouette or his hooded figure in the shadows. Then he ingites his lightsaber. Cut to black.

Hold for applause.

STAR WARS
jabberwalkie09
AG
Things I want to see in the trailer:
-Han and Leia in the same room
-A shot/frame of the new trio together of Rey, Finn, and Poe
-That instagram clip of Kylo and Finn on the snow planet
-A hint as to what the plot is. A mere hint and nothing more.
-A little new dialogue from Luke.
TCTTS
AG
Great list.
jr15aggie
AG
On last weeks Jedi Council podcast they said that Kathleen Kennedy did confirm that the Star Wars "saga" films (meaning the numbered versions) would indeed continue to revolve around the Skywalkers. Pretty much confirming that the name does not end with Luke... we got a grown up Skywalker baby(s) running around in Ep VII it appears.

We all figured as much, but still. We can now be 90% sure we are 100% right!
TCTTS
AG
Everyone has their money on Rey being a Skywalker (after the rumors of her being a Solo cooled down). I'm going on record as saying it won't be one of the main three (Rey, Finn or Poe). Instead, this is my guess...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A pretty popular rumor is Rey and Kylo being siblings and/or cousins.

If they're cousins, I'm calling Kylo being Han/Leia's kid and Rey being Luke's kid.
TCTTS
AG
Finn becoming a Skywalker might be kind of cool, too. He's obviously a grown ass man, and doesn't need to be adopted, but I wonder if there's a way for him to somehow carry on that lineage...
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, personally, I still think that's the case.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Great list.
I can honestly say, that if that is all the trailer was I would be extremely happy. I'm banking on Williams giving us some fantastic music to fit the trailer in tone.
Knife_Party
Plot twist. Poe is Luke's son, but through a fluke, has absolutely no sensitivity to the force. He still inherits his dad's skillz and becomes the best starfighter pilot in the galaxy.
Hagen95
AG
Skywalker-Solo

C'mon guys it so simple.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting theory I read somewhere -

The Knights of Ren are actually "force sons" of Vader that a) were created through manipulation of the force, or b) are clones of Vader, and Kylo is the head of the order.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Interesting theory I read somewhere -

The Knights of Ren are actually "force sons" of Vader that were created through manipulation of the force, or clones of Vader, and Kylo is the head of the order.
I hope that isn't even a little bit true.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't love it either, but if Snoke is actually Darth Plagueis, it wouldn't be too out there.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
quote:
The Knights of Ren are actually "force sons" of Vader that were created through manipulation of the force, or clones of Vader, and Kylo is the head of the order.

This would be way close to mentioning Midichlorians....
TCTTS
AG
And so it begins...

http://collider.com/star-wars-8-gugu-mbatha-raw-cast
First Page Last Page
Page 194 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.