Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,772 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I always thought it was funny that they turned both Yoda and the jawa's robes into some sort of weird pantsuit.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Was there another Yoda they made later? I thought I remembered having one with an actual cloth robe.
The Collective
AG
quote:
I'm blame my parents for letting me play with them instead of keeping them in the packaging.

I got carried away in a battle scene and dumped our AT-AT in our pond/creek when I was 6. It was never recovered.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Was there another Yoda they made later? I thought I remembered having one with an actual cloth robe.

They first one had a cloth robe, then it went to a plastic cape, then there might have been another.

Yoda also came with a snake.

You were baller if you had the Luke and vader with the 2 segment light sader
jeffk
AG
I broke all my AT-STs reenacting the Battle of Endor with my LEGO and heavy objects around my room. Also dropped my Falcon out of the treehouse repeatedly. My Go-Bot collection was destructed in a similarly violent fashion.

I'm a bad person.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
For Day 76, I present my reconstructed, ridiculously over-long, self- serving Episode III Fan Fic Knightfall, which i wrote in March of 2001, 14 months before Episode II even came out, because nerd gonna nerd.

If you've read the Thrawn Trilogy from the 90s, you'll see a lot of Joruus C'baoth in Darth Tyrannus here. If anyone besides Brian Earl Spilner reads this thing, (it's 100 Pages even in Google Docs), you need to get a life).

Don't judge too harshly , I was only 27 then.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
100 pages? Holy ****. How long did you work on this?

Guess I've something to read on the crapper from now until December.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
wrote it over 6 weeks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow. According to the newest Jedi Council episode, all the shots in the first two teasers are from the first third of the movie.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
ditto all the released toys.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Wow. According to the newest Jedi Council episode, all the shots in the first two teasers are from the first third of the movie.

That's great news.
TCTTS
AG
The shots of Kylo and Finn igniting lightsabers in the forest/snow definitely aren't from the first third.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Finn lighting his saber is not technically from the teasers.

Kylo's scene might be that early, for all we know.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
A new video reveals Sarah Michelle Gellar voices one of the new Inquisitors on the next season of Star Wars: Rebels, which kicks off in 10 days! SMG, can you be any hotter than you already were? She plays the Seventh Sister, who along with the Fifth Brother (Tito?) are after both Asohka and the titular Rebels.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
I remember being about 150 pages into the Crystal Star and suddenly stopping and thinking, "Wait, what the hell is going on here?"

For every great EU novel, there were 5 awful ones.

"Hey, people liked that Kar Vastor guy in the Mace Windu novel, let's somehow get him to fight Luke Skywalker!" Yeah!

Yeah... That Crystal Star and Darksabre were bad.... I had the same feeling... Like, wait, what am I reading
jabberwalkie09
AG
So does that mean she is the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter? Is Jeff Bridges, THE DUDE, going to come and enter the SWU?

I know, it's her seat in the Inquisitor Order. I just couldn't help myself
AliasMan02
AG
Marketing is REALLY ramping up for the movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did I miss something?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First Order Star Destroyer Finalizer
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Did I miss something?
Just LOTS of Star Wars stuff out in retailers wherever I go. T-shirts, branded goods, etc. And lots more commercials. Walmart in particular has released several new Star Wars themed commercials.
MGS
quote:
First Order Star Destroyer Finalizer

I guess the bridge is not as prominent on this one because they got tired of them getting destroyed by asteroid and A-wing collisions.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Still has those disco balls on top right? The Empire's ship engineers still fail at design I guess. I mean, hiding a vulnerability like that would be important right?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Still has those disco balls on top right? The Empire's ship engineers still fail at design I guess. I mean, hiding a vulnerability like that would be important right?
Presumably shield projectors need to be outside the hull to be most effective.
jabberwalkie09
AG
The Empire's ships are the only ones that have a "shoot at me" type of design like that though AFAIK. I don't know where the shield generators are Home One's shield generators are, and that is likely because they aren't exposed like they are on Star Destroyers.
Knife_Party
It's named Finalizer? Kind of meh. Presumably they won't mention it's name on film to stay in character with the originals.
FarmerJohn
AG
quote:
It's named Finalizer? Kind of meh. Presumably they won't mention it's name on film to stay in character with the originals.
That is an awful name. Sounds like a President Bush catchphrase. Next up is a Star Destroyer named the "Decider".
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Malachi Constant
AG
turrists!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Every time I get the notification of a new video on the Star Wars youtube page, I feel a little tingle in my plums. Then I see it's a rebels clip and I die a little inside.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Every time I get the notification of a new video on the Star Wars youtube page, I feel a little tingle in my plums. Then I see it's a rebels clip and I die a little inside.
Why don't you just go watch the old trailer if you need a fix... you know, the one that launched in September!!!

;-)
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, speaking of Rebels... Here is a new trailer that was on Disney XD Asia's channel.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Why don't you just go watch the old trailer if you need a fix... you know, the one that launched in September!!!

;-)

AliasMan02
AG
I'm looking forward to Rebels.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Spilner waiting on the new trailer after promising it is a little like me telling my wife each push was going to be the last one when she was giving birth to our twins.

I was wrong about 400 times, but then I was right!
jabberwalkie09
AG
I can't believe they are making us wait this long for the season to start. I mean, I understand they wanted to have something special for NYCC which is where I understand that they will be showing the next two episodes prior to them being on TV. It just seems to me that they would have other footage to show from later on in the season to make the comic con goers feel special....
First Page Last Page
Page 192 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.