Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,967 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is a Rebels character who is Mandalorian and may show up in this show. There are also a few episodes concerning the dark saber, which was in the final episode of season 1. I'm not sure that it makes Rebels necessary viewing, though. However, everyone should watch rebels bc it's awesome.

Dark saber also is in TCW.
YouBet
AG
I may read up in dark saber just to get that further back story, but we are going to push ahead with Mandalorian.

The wife needs her baby yoda fix.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Bad-ass.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Chills.
Dro07
AG
I feel like I say this every time they come out with these but they need to release the movies OT and prequels with some gap fillers to make certain things make sense. Prob won't happen but would be cool
Keegan99
AG
Would love to see the PT redone using the original green screen footage combined with modern CGI. There is a lot that just looks far too cartoonish.
redline248
AG
Whaaaaattt??? Anakin cow surfing on Naboo is the epitome of timeless effects.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What sucks about Lucas shooting Eps 2-3 digitally in the early 00's is that there's a hard cap on the resolution, so we'll never get those in true 4K. (TPM was the only one shot on film.)
Decay
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What sucks about Lucas shooting Eps 2-3 digitally in the early 00's is that there's a hard cap on the resolution, so we'll never get those in true 4K. (TPM was the only one shot on film.)
They could still make 1080P look decent. But man that is a hilarious footnote. We have every pixel of those two movies that we'll ever have...
MandoArms
If the character rumors are true understanding the end of Rebels will certainly help. Not sure you'd have to watch all of it though.
IG: mando_arms
jokershady
AG
So I just finished S1 of Rebels....and not gonna lie I got way more into seeing Asoka show up than I expected at the end of the first season.

Damn it looks like Rebels is going to be up there with TCW
TXAG 05
AG
Rebels is great. Anyone who is a fan of Star Wars should watch it.
YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Fascinating. Did not realize that.
TrustTheAwesomeness
AG
Decay said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

They could still make 1080P look decent. But man that is a hilarious footnote. We have every pixel of those two movies that we'll ever have...
The real question... Do we really need any more pixels in those movies at this point?
Flashdiaz
AG
TrustTheAwesomeness said:

The real question... Do we really need any more pixels in those movies at this point?
um, yes please

TrustTheAwesomeness
AG
I stand corrected!
sburg2007
Work contact traced me so I'm home for a week. Hello clone wars and hopefully rebels marathon!
jokershady
AG
Y'all....um.....just enjoy this for what it is

Farmer1906
AG
Yes!

Farmer1906
AG
redline248
AG
Well it's nice to see that Finn is still yelling "REY!"
redline248
AG
...and I guess Lego Star Wars is the most acceptable way to bring in time travel, if they have to do it.
Farmer1906
AG
100% canon right?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Seriously, 100% serious, that is the best looking thing I've ever seen. I'm genuinely disappointed my kids walked out the door to school 5 minutes before I watched it. That looks like every bit of fun you can dig up with Star Wars. I'm way excited for that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In, I am.
Duncan Idaho
redline248 said:

...and I guess Lego Star Wars is the most acceptable way to bring in time travel, if they have to do it.
rebels already introduced time travel
redline248
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

redline248 said:

rebels already introduced time travel
You're right, I should have added "time travel with any real significance"
jokershady
AG
Holy crap this looks amazing!!! Like on the level of Spaceballs amazing
Decay
AG
Very nice way to use Star Wars IP. Just like Jurassic Park where the movies have trouble being interesting, making a wacky kids spinoff is a great way to stay in that world while having a lot more fun with it.
wangus12
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Seriously, 100% serious, that is the best looking thing I've ever seen. I'm genuinely disappointed my kids walked out the door to school 5 minutes before I watched it. That looks like every bit of fun you can dig up with Star Wars. I'm way excited for that.
When I first read this response, I was thinking "surely you jest" - and then I watched the trailer.

I am in full agreement with your take.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This screenshot might be the most amazing thing in SW since the table read picture they put out ahead of The Force Awakens.

Dro07
AG
time travel!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
YouBet
AG
I'm excited about the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Jesus.
First Page Last Page
Page 989 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.