Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,272 Views | 43820 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by The Porkchop Express
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Solo - Chewie whipping Han in the muddy cell
Solo - Han winning the game of Sabaac against Lando at the end
Solo - Han saying "I've got a good feeling about this" during the Kessel Run
Solo - Darth Maul
Solo - the Imperial officer bestowing the name "Solo" on Han

Rogue 1 - Rebel corvette driving the dead-in-the-water Star Destroyer into a second Star Destroyer
Rogue 1 - Unused footage from Episode IV during the Rebel attack on Scarif of Red and Gold Leaders
Rogue 1 - X-Wings diving through the shield generator
Rogue 1 - Grand Moff Tarkin's first appearance
Rogue 1 - Princess Leia at the very end
Rogue 1 - Darth Vader choking the life out of Krennic
Rogue 1 - Darth Vader killing Rebel soldiers like he's slicing butter
Rogue 1 - K2S0 - There's a problem on the horizon ... there's no horizon
Rogue 1 - (fan service) Andor bumping into a couple of familiar thugs on the streets of Jeddha
Rogue 1 - K2S0's "death"
Rogue 1 - The Death Star blasting Jedda and the resulting explosion reaching very nearly to the DS in orbit
Rogue 1 - The original Red Five's death

Mandalorian - from the first episode, Mando carbon freezing his mark
Mandalorian - from the first episode, IG-88 blasting away on the street outside where they'll find baby Yoda
Mandalorian - the dude who says "I have spoken"
TCTTS
AG
YouBet
AG
Clone Wars: these are too vague to include but that show has some battle/war scenes that are better than anything put on film in any of the movies.

R1: when K2SO catches the grenade and asks Jyn if she knew it was really him.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That's the best edited commercial I've ever seen. Bravo. Ending with Han's quote from TFA - fantastic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed. Chills.

Makes me miss the early days of the ST when all we had was those amazing teasers/trailers.
The Collective
AG
Lucasfilm is great at manipulating my emotions. G'damnit.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Of course it is available on May the 4th.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

This writing team is INSANE. Whatever this show is, it has the chance to be one of the best installments of the entire franchise...

https://theplaylist.net/cassian-andor-tony-gilroy-showrunner-20200424/
Confirmed that this show takes place 5 years before Rogue One/Star Wars, which puts it in a very interesting spot.

1. It's concurrent with Rebels. We're already getting a live action Ahsoka in Mandalorian (and we think probably Sabine as well) so a potential crossover with live action Phoenix Squadron making an appearance down the line is in the cards. Would be pretty sweet to see Freddie Prinze Jr as Kanan,

2. Cassian operated as a Fulcrum agent, same as Ahsoka. Ahsoka was actually formative to the creation of that part of the Rebel cause, which was about coordination/organization between insurgent groups.

3. There is no Alliance to Restore the Republic when the show starts. Rebel cells are mostly independent and the larger coalition is still being built. It's close to happening (Season 3 of Rebels), so that's another thing we may well get to see happen in the show. Genevieve O'Reilly is reprising her role as Mon Mothma.
TCTTS
AG
So basically this series will cover the "official" formation of the rebellion? Sign me up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this. But where is my damn Obi-Wan news?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Better have me some GD Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa, and if he's in, you're going to se R2 and 3PO.
Dro07
AG
I can see Kanan showing up and still not show the force or any light saber because he is still hiding it until he meets Ezra. If they do decided to do to include the force i wouldn't be opposed to it at all though. id love to see chopper along with K2... that would be amazing!

While I am actually excited about this its hard to separate knowing their faith and knowing that whatever occurs in the episode that they will get out of it outside of a couple of redshirts. I think it could still be awesome if done well.
TCTTS
AG
What news are you expecting? They said a few months ago that filming had been pushed from summer 2020 to early 2021. Likely to come out at some point in 2022. They have a new show runner and are currently rewriting the episodes. There's really nothing else to announce or say at this point.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Today's random Star Wars thought:

Are Episode 1-9 about the Skywalkers or about the rise and fall of Palpatine?

Speaking of this are the 9 episodes about the Force ending the Skywalker line as it is "unnatural"?

If you had to write a one sentence summary of Episodes 1-9, what would write? I am really leaning towards Nine movies that chronicle the rise and fall of Emperor Palpatine.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It's hard to say that a 9-movie series is about a character who isn't in 3 of the movies, and is in a 4th for about 25 seconds.

Gangnam Style
AG
Any chance they'll announce a Rebels sequel on May 4th?
AliasMan02
AG
dromo07 said:

I can see Kanan showing up and still not show the force or any light saber because he is still hiding it until he meets Ezra. If they do decided to do to include the force i wouldn't be opposed to it at all though. id love to see chopper along with K2... that would be amazing!

While I am actually excited about this its hard to separate knowing their faith and knowing that whatever occurs in the episode that they will get out of it outside of a couple of redshirts. I think it could still be awesome if done well.
If they don't cross paths until the second season or so, I think the whole Ghost crew would be in play. I doubt they go that big because they wouldn't want to overshadow Cassian and K2, but a two-episode arc where Cassian hitched a ride on the Ghost to carry out some mission or other would be great.
AliasMan02
AG
Gangnam Style said:

Any chance they'll announce a Rebels sequel on May 4th?
We're getting a lot of Mando hype on May 4th so I don't know how much more they'll spin up for Disney+.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Casting, plot details, number of episodes, release date, a tweet, a picture, a piece of concept art...I'll take anything at this point.

Basically, I just want to know that it's still happening.
TCTTS
AG
For something not filming until early 2021/not releasing until 2022, it's probably going to be a while. I would expect news to ramp up this fall.
Ulrich
MuckRaker96 said:

It's hard to say that a 9-movie series is about a character who isn't in 3 of the movies, and is in a 4th for about 25 seconds.

49 minutes of total screen time out of 1,230 minutes total.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
Ulrich said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I knew it was small, but not that small. But still it seems like he is the whole character whose storyline runs through all nine movies. And it ends with his granddaughter setting the destiny of the force.

I know I am wrong, but it just feels off saying the nine movies are about the Skywalkers when their destiny was controlled by Palpatine(s).

Edit to add: Maybe this is just an odd response to 7-9 not adding much to 1-6 other than Rey and Palpatine's jarring return.
Ulrich
Dekker_Lentz said:

Ulrich said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I knew it was small, but not that small. But still it seems like he is the whole character whose storyline runs through all nine movies. And it ends with his granddaughter setting the destiny of the force.

I know I am wrong, but it just feels off saying the nine movies are about the Skywalkers when their destiny was controlled by Palpatine(s).
He's the only one who is "alive" for the whole thing, and he's around pulling strings most of the way, he's just not a very active character. I spent a few minutes trying to come up with an answer, but I don't think there is one.

1-3 are about Anakin and the rise of Empire and fall of the Jedi
4-6 are about Luke, Vader, and the fall of the Empire
7-9 are about Rey, Kylo, and the going away of various bad things
Ulrich
Ha, your edit kind of hit on the same thing as my summary of 7-9. They don't have much of an arc.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
Ulrich said:

Ha, your edit kind of hit on the same thing as my summary of 7-9. They don't have much of an arc.

Yeah. Great minds!

I agree with your summaries of the movies.

It just seems like movies 1-9 are Palpatine's Xantos Gambit to get a Sith Empire that failed because of Rey has free will? But we only see it from everyone else's perspective.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosGambit

Which discusses the same thing, so not a super original thought.
Farmer1906
AG
R2D2 & CP3O's quirky journey through space plus a bunch of weirdos swinging laser swords.
twilly
AG
While the virus may kill this, there is a Celebration planned for the end of August. IF, and I mean a big IF, it isn't canceled, I'd expect any big announcements to happen then.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
AliasMan02
AG
twilly said:

While the virus may kill this, there is a Celebration planned for the end of August. IF, and I mean a big IF, it isn't canceled, I'd expect any big announcements to happen then.

They'll do some sort of virtual Celebration and still announce stuff there, I'd imagine.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
One of the brightest parts of the last month plus for me has been the discovery of the Zach Braff / Donald Faison podcast Fake Doctors / Real Friends about their time on Scrubs together.

Most of you probably know Donald Faison is a Star Wars mega fan. He voiced a character on Resistance named after him and has been Gary the Stormtrooper on many episodes of Robot Chicken. He even was an active player on Star Wars Galaxies back in the day.

He is also way into stop-motion animation and has his own YouTube channel featuring the adventures of the first Black Stormtrooper

Episode 105 of the Podcast last week was about a Scrubs episode that featured a Star Wars fantasy and they go deep into Donald's Star Wars obsession during the podcast and how he got into stop-motion. Starts around the 7 minute mark. Later, Braff asks him a question about the "Yub Nub" song and Faison busts out and sings the whole thing, it is pretty fantastic.

If you liked Scrubs, the podcast that came out last night also features John C. McGinley (Dr. Cox)
TCTTS
AG

https://collider.com/star-wars-original-trilogy-posters-florey/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Where is my Best Star Wars Moments tourney?!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It's on my punch list right behind a 65,000 word book on entrepreneurship, a 15,000 word ebook on cash flow, an 18,000 word book on Puerto Rican culture (co-written with a former A&M basketball player), and 17 SEO-friendly articles on antivirus software and password managers. And homeschooling my kids every day from 12-4 p.m.

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
That's it?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

15,000 word ebook on cash flow
Make more money than you spend.

There, that is taken care of.
First Page Last Page
Page 938 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.