Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,954 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
canadiaggie said:

If I AM THE SENATE is not the winning line, I'll be incredibly disappointed.

Don't let me down, Texags. Meme Sheev into a victory.
Right now the Senate is getting the Ass kicked.
redline248
AG
You really should reply to some of these with "no time to discuss this as a committee!"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
In the very very early returns, the prequels are doing surprisingly well. The sequels, uhhhh, yeah. And "Solo" is batting 1.000!
double aught
AG
K-2SO
Ag Since 83
AG
I like this bracket, should be really wide open with tons of close matchups throughout.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Good job on putting these quotes together but ...

Quote:

#26 "I sense great fear in you, Skywalker. You have hate, you have anger, but you don't use them." Count Dooku, AOTC
This line was in Revenge of the Sith shortly before Anakin lopped off Dooku's hands and head during the "rescue" mission of Palpatine.
This kinda of petty bull**** is exactly why you didn't get a bracket!
Hey, I gave you props on putting this together, but petty is my middle name.
Probably because you live in Cinco Ranch.
I'd suggest you stay away from Seven Lakes.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
10 hours in we only have two 100%ers left.

#1 " Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope." Princess Leia, ANH
#2 "The Force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet." Darth Vader, ESB
Malachi Constant
AG
Quote:

TCTTS Region

I'd prefer the Colin Trevorrow version of this bracket
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

#2 "The Force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet." Darth Vader, ESB
My favorite single frame from the OT, or the entire saga, quite possibly. So good.
Urban Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Good job on putting these quotes together but ...

Quote:

#26 "I sense great fear in you, Skywalker. You have hate, you have anger, but you don't use them." Count Dooku, AOTC
This line was in Revenge of the Sith shortly before Anakin lopped off Dooku's hands and head during the "rescue" mission of Palpatine.
This kinda of petty bull**** is exactly why you didn't get a bracket!
Hey, I gave you props on putting this together, but petty is my middle name.
Probably because you live in Cinco Ranch.
I have a cousin that is pretty darn successful in O&G Consulting and he and his wife built this big ass monster house in Cinco Ranch probably 12-15 years ago. At family get togethers I loved ribbing the sh** out of him.

Me: so where did y'all build that big ass house again?
Him: Cinco Ranch
Me: oh right, right, Houston
Him: yeah, Cinco Ranch
Me: Got it, over there on the, uh, west side of Houston. By Katy.
Him: Yes, Cinco Ranch

Me: Yep, life in the posh suburbs of....Houston

Urban Ag
AG
Thanks Muck for including me. I am both surprised and honored. Really crappy week, love the distractions.

That said, man, this exercise really showcases how much great dialogue there is in The Force Awakens. And as someone else noted, K2SO. My favorite droid of the franchise.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Sometimes known as East San Antonio.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
A couple of those classic #23 over #10 upsets brewing early, just like we see every year in March Madness.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Also, I'm absolutely doing a 32 to 48 entry "Worst Quotes" contest right after this. Rooting for a final of "I don't like sand" vs. "Oh maxi big the Force, well that smells stinkawitz!"

Jar Jar might have a bracket just full of his own stuff; ditto entire conversations between Ani and Padme.
gougler08
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Also, I'm absolutely doing a 32 to 48 entry "Worst Quotes" contest right after this. Rooting for a final of "I don't like sand" vs. "Oh maxi big the Force, well that smells stinkawitz!"

Jar Jar might have a bracket just full of his own stuff; ditto entire conversations between Ani and Padme.
So basically it will just be the prequels right? Hell maybe just TPM and AOTC
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
gougler08 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

So basically it will just be the prequels right? Hell maybe just TPM and AOTC
Oh no, ROTS represents big time between the Ani/Amidala balcony scene, General Grevious's crap and Anakin's solid gold "Love can't save you Padme, only my new powers can!"

Rose Tico probably going to get some "love" from TLJ as well.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
You could pack quite a bit of TLJ in there as well.

Especially if we can include the silent moment when Luke throws the lightsaber over his shoulder.
And the Poe "General Hugs" dialogue could be in both brackets.
Thanks and gig'em
twilly
AG
I'm sorry, but how does....

"This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kenobi. It will soon see the end of the rebellion."

....not make the cut?

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Honorable Mention I just thought of. Doesn't truly belong on this list, but I love the entire Hoth segment of ESB and there's some good dialog in there.

General Veers:

"My lord, I've reached the main power generators. The shield will be down in moments, you may start your landing."
Urban Ag
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Honorable Mention I just thought of. Doesn't truly belong on this list, but I love the entire Hoth segment of ESB and there's some good dialog in there.

General Veers:

"My lord, I've reached the main power generators. The shield will be down in moments, you may start your landing."
That may be my favorite line in the entire franchise. The perfect representation of the Imperial Officer. What was also not lost on me, even as a kid, was that Veers, a General, puts the armor on and is on the front line of the assault. I know it's nerdy, but it's those little touches that made the OT so damn good.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Read the FAQ, Luke!
bluefire579
AG
Urban Ag said:

Chipotlemonger said:

General Veers:

That may be my favorite line in the entire franchise. The perfect representation of the Imperial Officer. What was also not lost on me, even as a kid, was that Veers, a General, puts the armor on and is on the front line of the assault. I know it's nerdy, but it's those little touches that made the OT so damn good.
Also played by Grand Maester Pycelle
Aggie_Journalist
AG
"I don't believe it." "That is why you failed." Yoda / Luke ESB would be the one quote I miss.

But no judgment. Great work, Muck!
Thanks and gig'em
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Random question of the day:

How many of you remember what it was like to see Return of the Jedi for the first time and realize that Leia was the one disguised as a bounty hunter in Jabba's palace? Being so young when I watched it, I can't remember a time ever not knowing it was her.
Urban Ag
AG
redline248 said:

Random question of the day:

How many of you remember what it was like to see Return of the Jedi for the first time and realize that Leia was the one disguised as a bounty hunter in Jabba's palace? Being so young when I watched it, I can't remember a time ever not knowing it was her.
well, as I recall 1983, the scholastic book fair was a mega spoiler producer. You could order the ROTJ book in your book fair order weeks in advance and it showed up before the release date. Actually spoiled the whole damn movie but we didn't care. We'd do anything to get SW updates back then.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think that book had a picture of a cut scene in the the rancor pit of luke using the force to jump back up to the underside of the trap door but some of jabba's cronies smash his fingers with their weapons to knock him back down.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
100+ people have voted. Do you guys want to move on to the second round tonight or leave the Round of 128 open for another 24 hours?
Urban Ag
AG
Tonight

redline248
AG
I'm watching Revenge of the Sith. That movie, with it's cartoony effects and bad acting, is 10x better than Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You are wise and strong, and I am very proud of you.
TCTTS
AG
I'll say this... IMO, TLJ is a better-made movie, but ROTS is the better story. In other words, TLJ told its bad story "well," while ROTS told its good story poorly.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You are wise and strong, and I am very proud of you.

I'm pretty sure somewhere on this thread I've ranked it ahead of TLJ in the past. Not sure what I did right after watching Rise.

Now I know for sure
TooTall 06
AG
TCTTS said:

I'll say this... IMO, TLJ is a better-made movie, but ROTS is the better story. In other words, TLJ told its bad story "well," while ROTS told its good story poorly.

This sums up the sequel vs prequel trilogies perfectly...
First Page Last Page
Page 922 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.