Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,380 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Claudia Gray's books are great
Dekker_Lentz
AG
I will say I thought I was going to hate the Aftermath books. But the first one has been better than I thought. Listening to it as an audiobook helps.

So I am going to try and keep an open mind about this series.
tamusc
AG
Dekker_Lentz said:

I will say I thought I was going to hate the Aftermath books. But the first one has been better than I thought. Listening to it as an audiobook helps.

The second and third book are solid, but the first is a chore to read due to the writer's style. All three are great audiobooks, with the first being significantly better in that format.
TCTTS
AG
Maveric
AG
tamusc said:

Dekker_Lentz said:

The second and third book are solid, but the first is a chore to read due to the writer's style. All three are great audiobooks, with the first being significantly better in that format.
I am on the third book. The first two could have been condensed into one.

I couldn't stand Daniel Jose Older's Last Shot. It was a Lando/Solo novel. Very poorly written with characters and statements thrown in just to be edgy. My last straw was when the author wrote that Lando was going to have "wup an ass".

i see he is involved in this process. I hope an editor is as well.
Farmer1906
AG
AliasMan02
AG
redline248
AG
I made a passing post about that earlier. The idea of a wookie, whose species lives on the edge of anger all the time, becoming a jedi seems really dangerous.
Saxsoon
AG
There is a wookie Padawan in clone wars
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
bluefire579
AG
One of the younglings in Clone Wars was a wookiee, so it's definitely not the first time in canon that it's happened
redline248
AG
I know, and it happened in the old EU. I think even Lucas stepped in at some point to stop or limit that, but I don't know that for a fact.
Liquid Wrench
redline248 said:

I made a passing post about that earlier. The idea of a wookie, whose species lives on the edge of anger all the time, becoming a jedi seems really dangerous.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Checked back and I don't think this was posted before. Somehow hadn't seen this until now.

So awesome.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG

https://theplaylist.net/star-wars-high-republic-new-era-20200228
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-palpatine-clone-rise-skywalker-confirm-novel/

The more that comes out about this movie, the angrier I get.

It's almost like Palpatine being a clone was a pretty major plot point that should have been explained in the movie...
The Collective
AG
That is horse **** - why not make that a thing instead of just, oh, he's back!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's almost like Palpatine being a clone was a pretty major plot point that should have been explained in the movie...
I'm starting to think you didn't even like the movie.
Saxsoon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ok, that makes sense to me in a series of Force Ghosts and other **** that have happened.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How does something that major not bother you?

It's absolutely lazy filmmaking. Taking shortcuts for someone else to figure out.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

How does something that major not bother you?

It's absolutely lazy filmmaking. Taking shortcuts for someone else to figure out.
I guess I just assumed he was a clone in the first place because his original body fell into a giant pit of a space station that exploded into eleventy billion pieces 60 seconds later. Not sure what other explanation there would have been, especially if you had read a lot of the EU stuff - which I understand not everyone has, but at least something like Dark Empire which has the Emperor reborn as a clone.

I understand you're upset. You don't understand my being OK with it, just like I don't understand your thinking ROTS is better than ROTJ. Different times in our lives, man.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Then you probably shouldn't call people out for their complaints.

A movie shouldn't need people to read comics/books to get the full story. It shouldn't have to be explained by a tweet that a planet was supposed to be Mustafar, where the Final Order came from, etc.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
How was I calling you out? Do they still have sarcasm in your town?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What was this meant to be if not a passive agressive way to get me to shut up about the movie?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
They also didn't say it was Mustafar in Rogue One
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's a sarcastic jab, just like most of your replies to any posts that in any way criticize the movie.

I'd direct you towards your "positive" thread that you started. This here is for discussions about the movie, which may contain negative opinions.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sarcasm. Jesus man get over yourself.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

They also didn't say it was Mustafar in Rogue One

The lava was kind of a big hint.

Question. Could you tell it was Mustafar in TROS when you watched it? And if so, would love to know how.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I could not tell, but it did not diminish my enjoyment
YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Their tagline better be "We'll see you in hell!".
This would be so incredible.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Sarcasm. Jesus man get over yourself.

Maybe you should take your own advice, pal. You've been jabbing at me non-stop and you know it. There's only so much you can do that before it's clear you have a problem. You can at least admit to it rather than trying to play everything off as a harmless joke.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I also use sarcastic jabs on the Aggie football, nfl, NBA, baseball, general, and Houston boards. It's almost like it's part of my online persona.
Hagen95
AG
I don't get the sense he's out to get you BES. If anything, most of the time, the dog pile seems to fall on Muck. It's a Star Wars thread. No one should take it too seriously.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Txagssurvivor@mail.com drop me an email and we can discuss like men instead of wasting bandwidth
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And yet I make a joke about something, or I post a meme you don't like, and you jump on me for being insensitive. Like you've done multiple times.

If you want to dish that out, then don't call people out when they make jokes.

Anyway, don't want to further derail. Carry on.
First Page Last Page
Page 905 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.