Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,244 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

And why does the "Twitter person" deserve a diss? He literally only said, "If you've ever wondered what Chewie sounds like to Han, crank up the volume and wonder no longer!" That's it. There are thousands of people, including myself, who have never seen this in the 10-15 years since it was apparently first posted. For someone always getting annoying by all the Star Wars snark, you sure do offer a ton of it up yourself.
You make me not want to post here.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What?! He simply posted something he hadn't seen before. I haven't seen it. Other posters haven't seen it. It was cool. And all you can do is chime in some snark then complain about the reaction to your own snark.
TCTTS
AG
I posted an innocuous tweet without any comment whatsoever. You immediately resorted your same old passive aggressive "I know more about Star Wars than anyone" BS, as always, and *I'm* the one making someone not want to post here?
Fenrir
Saul Goodman
AG
I like you Muck, and love what you bring to the Star Wars threads...but TC is right on this one, I had never seen that clip and glad that they shared it. No need to be rude to either of them for that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've seen the footage of Vader's on-set voice, but not Chewie's.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Saul Goodman said:

I like you Muck, and love what you bring to the Star Wars threads...but TC is right on this one, I had never seen that clip and glad that they shared it. No need to be rude to either of them for that.

TC also could have let it go without being sarcastic in response, yet here we are.
redline248
AG
rodneykinggetalong.gif
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Let's all relax. Tonight is the eve of the first ever live-action Star Wars television show.
TCTTS
AG
I like Muck a lot. I absolutely love his SW enthusiasm, knowledge, and contributions. I think he's a great writer and genuinely hilarious from time to time as well. I just get super annoyed by his hypocrisy as it relates to *his* annoyance that we all just can't love SW unconditionally. But I should have kept my mouth shut. Apologies for the derail.
twilly
AG
I just wanted to point out that I, in fact, have seen that clip before, and it sounds just like Peter Mayhew speaking behind a muffled mask. Whew, I feel better now.
Urban Ag
AG
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Let's all relax. Tonight is the eve of the first ever live-action Star Wars television show.
BES gets it.

Speaking of being on edge, what are the chances the Mandalorian gonna be banging space hoes
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Do we ever see what happens to Leia's metal bikini? Maybe she dropped it off the edge of Jabba's ship next to the sarlacc pit, someone salvaged it, and now it's being worn by some spaceTHOT.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
MuckRaker and PaulSimonsGhort are like the Dark and Light side to this world. Is TCTTS Qui Gon and the "Gray?"
Sex Panther
AG
I've said it a thousand times... Star Wars tears people apart and ruins lives
TCTTS
AG
Sarduakar said:

MuckRaker and PaulSimonsGhort are like the Dark and Light side to this world. Is TCTTS Qui Gon and the "Gray?"
twilly
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Do we ever see what happens to Leia's metal bikini? Maybe she dropped it off the edge of Jabba's ship next to the sarlacc pit, someone salvaged it, and now it's being worn by some spaceTHOT.
What I'd like to think happened....as depicted in this fan art

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Qui Gon is what the Jedi Order should have been. If he had trained Anakin himself, he would never have fallen, and they likely would've taken down Palps together.

And he likely would have allowed his relationship with Padme. In fact, they might have been able to save Shmi, and then Qui Gon would totally get all up in that. Become Anakin's step-father.
The Collective
AG
Congrats, Han. Look what that ***** got you.

redline248
AG
Counter point - if Qui-Gon was more like the council there never would have been a Darth Vader, and the Jedi probably survive Palpatine's purge. He used the force, selfishly, to influence that die roll. That led to Anakin being taken away from his mom and opening his world to loss, pain, misery and all the things he was used to having a mother's love to help heal. Palpatine was able to step right into that empty space as the Jedi (and Obi-Wan) were inadequate in that area.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Absolutely fantastic.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Absolutely fantastic.
That stuff is getting really good....

...too bad this technology didn't exist for Rogue One Leia, amiright?
TCTTS
AG
Wait.

How is this not a bigger deal online? And how did we not hear a word about this beforehand?

Disney+ has the ENTIRE SAGA in 4K HDR.

And it looks STUNNING.

Reports had only TLJ, Rogue One, and Solo coming to the app in 4K, seeing as they're the only ones that currently exist on Blu-ray 4K.

We've never had the other seven films in 4K and most speculation didn't have them coming to 4K until next year when the complete saga is finally released. Yet here they are. With zero fanfare for such a massive undertaking/reveal.

Watching The Empire Strikes Back in 4K is almost like seeing it for the first time.

I'm in shock.
TCTTS
AG
Outlets are definitely taking notice now. This was, in fact, a huge surprise...

https://www.slashfilm.com/4k-star-wars/

https://www.engadget.com/2019/11/12/star-wars-movie-4K-disney-plus-dolby-vision-atmos/
TCTTS
AG
Also, the first six movies still open with the Fox fanfare...
tk for tu juan
I started watching Return of the Jedi after The Mandalorian and was wondering why everything looked sharper. Was hoping we got the Yub Nub version back, but looks like it is still the Lucas revised version
GreasenUSA
AG
Surprised me too as I was scrolling around the app. Looks like I'm going to have to finally break down and buy my first 4K tv.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Welp. I'm now in the market for a 4k tv.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCL is a good brand that won't break the bank like some of the big names
tk for tu juan
The Vizio TVs come with 150 free streaming channels, one of them is a Mystery Science Theater 3000 channel. There is also a Baywatch channel

https://www.vizio.com/watch-free

I picked up a low-end Vizio 50" 4k TV (V-Series) for less than $300 to put in a room mainly used for listening to music.
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCL is a good brand that won't break the bank like some of the big names
+1 for TCL, have them in multiple rooms in our house
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ugh! I keep opening the Mandalorian thread by accident.

Must. Avoid.

Any general, non-spoiler thoughts on the first episode?
lunchbox
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ugh! I keep opening the Mandalorian thread by accident.

Must. Avoid.

Any general, non-spoiler thoughts on the first episode?
Its a Star Wars western done right. Very right.
First Page Last Page
Page 875 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.