Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,272 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Retro Brah
double aught
AG
Very nice.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Awesome.
Knife_Party
Bound or not, I'd like to see new material from the movies. I have a serious issue with novelty seeking that there are very few things I can read or see more than once. Gimme some new stuff. I've read tons of EU already.
wesag
AG
At least we're onto EU vs OT and no longer OT vs PT. Or at least that's what it looks like in my brain.
Ag Since 83
AG
I'm here if you want your "vengeance" for me mentioning Marvel and Star Wars together.
wesag
AG
quote:
I'm here if you want your "vengeance" for me mentioning Marvel and Star Wars together.

You ready for some castigation? You missed the humor or irony in putting in a Conan quote in that?
Ag Since 83
AG
If I have ever actually watched Conan, it was so long ago that I do not remember. So I admit, I thought you were probably referencing something for humor, but what it was went over my head.

wesag
AG
quote:
If I have ever actually watched Conan, it was so long ago that I do not remember. So I admit, I thought you were probably referencing something for humor, but what it was went over my head.

Conan was a Marvel comic. So I said it tongue in cheek
Ag Since 83
AG
Gotcha.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you find TheForce.net discussing Mara Jade "tiring"
wesag
AG
quote:
Gotcha.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you find TheForce.net discussing Mara Jade "tiring"

I guess because it was mentioned so much that I got tired of hearing it. And because i'm an honest to God canon guy, at least in my own head.

Nothing I say on here is too be taken too seriously, mind you.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I know there's far too many of these already, but I enjoyed this one.

8-bit Force Awakens Teaser
redline248
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saxsoon
AG

Um

Is that official?
TCTTS
AG
I assume that's fan made? Seriously doubt the real deal will use "VII."
Keegan99
AG
Source for that poster?
Knife_Party
What is that?
redline248
AG
Is that Luke's face?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, fan made. Looks cool though. Here's another.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Source for that poster?

SW subredddit
COOL LASER FALCON
So I rewatched the "originals" this weekend for the first time in forever. Was Chewy's Tarzan yell in Return of the Jedi original or is that one of the special edition atrocities?

I honestly think that might be worse than Vader's "Nooo. NOOOOOOOOO" as he kills the Emperor.
redline248
AG
I seem to remember it being there when I was a kid, prior to the re-release. Can't say for 100% sure, though
wesag
AG
quote:
I seem to remember it being there when I was a kid, prior to the re-release. Can't say for 100% sure, though
I only saw Star Wars one time until I was in my forties. Wish I could comment, but I guess that would be not very accurate. Damn!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
I only saw Star Wars one time until I was in my forties. Wish I could comment, but I guess that would be not very accurate. Damn!

Seriously? That's nuts. Especially considering your level of fandom now.
wesag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Seriously? That's nuts. Especially considering your level of fandom now.
Yeah. I had to make that confession. I knew the story intimately through books/ comics / trading cards and such, but if I saw it again before a few years ago, then I dont recall. When I got the remakes of the movies, I knew immediately something was wrong, despite not having been on Star Wars websites. I sat there on the couch, stewing over how not to be negative.

My brother passed away a few years back and I had to dig through tons of pictures when we were kids. I found this photo of a huge set up we had made of Tatooine out in this lot by our house. We had done a hell of a number with about 50-75 action figures.

I have much to say about George Lucas, but it boils down to me seeing him like Churchhill; he was a great leader for WWII, but perhaps not for the long term. George needed some checks and balances and didn't get them. Where I would credit Lucas is that he has kept Star Wars family friendly . My 6 year old daughter has seen most Star Wars movies and that has been ok for us.
wesag
AG
Eff it. I think I'm going to go to Star WArs Celebration.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
My brother passed away a few years back and I had to dig through tons of pictures when we were kids. I found this photo of a huge set up we had made of Tatooine out in this lot by our house. We had done a hell of a number with about 50-75 action figures.
You know you have to post it, right?
wesag
AG
quote:
quote:
You know you have to post it, right?
Yeah I'll have to dig it up at my mom's house again. It isn't a large photo, and obviouslyl not digital.
Ag Since 83
AG
Considering Star Wars celebration myself...
jr15aggie
AG
The Tarzan yell was definitely part of the original movies... Was not a special edition add.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Came across this video and had to gif this.

jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Came across this video and had to gif this.

What's sad is I'm pretty sure there is a very nerdy Dad just off screen that is throwing that baby around just to make a star wars gif.
Saxsoon
AG
Something does seem a little off about that gif.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That would be pretty sad. Hopefully not.
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.