Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,449 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dro07
AG
Hooooooo leeeeeeeee damn...

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around what I just read...
TCTTS
AG
I've been trying to be the voice of reason in the "Kathleen Kennedy has to go" argument for a long time now, but I'm gonna go ahead and predict that this is the straw that breaks the camel's back. Come January/February, I think Kennedy announces her resignation. But instead of being ousted, if IX is as successful as everyone thinks it's going to be, it'll be painted as a triumphant-ish handing of the torch to whoever's next. This kind of fallout has simply happened too much under her watch, but they're not going to paint her exit as anything other than a success (even though it'll be beyond apparent what's happening).
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
I think he deserves some kind of head creative role for sure. But it takes a different type of personality to actually run both the big picture and the day-to-day, manage all the egos, productions, etc. I could see him co-running things, but they'd need an actual producer/exec type leading as well.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dro07
AG
I just can't imagine D&D saying... well Star Wars the OT has too much fantasy and we wanna really tone it down. Can you imagine had they gone with KOTOR? So glad this transpired and still can't believe those idiots said all that in an interview
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Urban Ag
AG
This is good news to me. D&D are great adapters from source material. They have proven that.

But my confidence in their ability to run with epic level new material is suspect. They are very Kevin Sumlin to me that way.
Dro07
AG
They have proven they don't know jack squat from their interview
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
double aught
AG
C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

a lot of that is damning for sure, but they (mostly) still pulled off an incredible multi-year story, juggling THOUSANDS of personnel across numerous countries and sorta stuck the landing, winning a ****-ton of awards, adulation and licensing dollars along the way.
This. I feel the constant dogpile of D&D and the final season of GoT is way overdone. It's just one of those things that's cool to do at this point.

Sure, the final season or two weren't up to the standard of the series (a standard that the two of them are largely responsible for), but they were handed a pretty daunting task when the source material that was supposed to be complete ran out. It was a solid effort. The way so many people treat it as garbage is too much.

If they were asked to leave Star Wars because of the supposed drop in quality of GoT, it would surprise me.
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dro07
AG
TCTTS
AG
I think it's ultimately a good thing, though. It's like the on-the-bubble head coach losing the game he was supposed to win, but it's the loss that finally gets him fired and gives the school the opportunity to go after the coach who can finally come in and really turn things around. If this leads to Kennedy's ousting, Disney can finally bring in the necessary figurehead the franchise deserves. And I really don't think there will be that much of a delay, cinematically, if any. December 2022 is still THREE years away. Either Feige's movie or Johnson's first movie can still be ready by then, no problem. But if it's 2023, so be it. We'll have plenty of Disney+ SW series to tide us over until then. That particular train ain't stopping.
redline248
AG
It's hard to fathom how much Disney has ****ed up the most iconic property in film history, yet here we are.
redline248
AG
If they fire Kennedy, why should we have faith Disney would hire anyone good and not another moron?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Because hopefully they're capable of learning from their mistakes? Also, it was Lucas who called/"hired" Kennedy in the first place. He would only sell if she was running the show. She basically came with the package. But now Disney obviously has 100% say-so.
PatAg
AG
I held the opinion, until reading that twitter thread, that they did a pretty great job adapting the material when they had some available.
Multiple times they answered that they didnt even really consider it, or try to understand it. So was it just dumb luck that the first 5-6 seasons were adapted so well for the most part? I'm not ready to write their careers off, and I had actually looked forward to seeing what they had in mind. They thought enough of it that they presumably forced their exit from HBO as fast as possible, Will be interesting to see what they do instead.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
This makes sense. With the streaming wars upon us, Netflix may have somehow forced B&W's hand...

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
First Page Last Page
Page 868 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.