Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,427 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flashdiaz said:

White outfit Leia trivia.... she never wore a bra with it because Lucas said there would be no bra's in space. Just in case you want to keep it real.

She was also told to lose 5 lbs so her boobs didn't jiggle so much.
Flashdiaz
AG
so Lucas really does hate us.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Flashdiaz said:

White outfit Leia trivia.... she never wore a bra with it because Lucas said there would be no bra's in space. Just in case you want to keep it real.

She was also told to lose 5 lbs so her boobs didn't jiggle so much.
Apparently that didn't work, 'cause 10-year-old me was quite aware of lots of jiggling going on under that white dress.
redline248
AG
I remember seeing an interview with Carrie in which she said they were taped down or something.
AliasMan02
AG
A couple of hours into the new audio drama, Dooku: Jedi Lost. Still giving it a shot but they Hogwarts the absolute hell outta the young Jedi so far. Even down to putting them in houses (or "clans").
Liquid Wrench
Flashdiaz said:

No way that's true, but if it is, he should've remembered that when Portman's outfit was getting torn up.
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

A couple of hours into the new audio drama, Dooku: Jedi Lost. Still giving it a shot but they Hogwarts the absolute hell outta the young Jedi so far. Even down to putting them in houses (or "clans").
I feel stronger in my belief that Disney doesn't care if new canon books are any better than the old EU, they just want the money. The comics are basically validated fan fiction.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

AliasMan02 said:

I feel stronger in my belief that Disney doesn't care if new canon books are any better than the old EU, they just want the money. The comics are basically validated fan fiction.

I'm way out of touch on the comics but still think we're a long way from the EU. Even the stuff that isn't good is at least internally consistent.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Mr. White
I'm exhausted from shake-laughing
bearamedic99
AG
I'm a casual SW and thought that was hilarious
The Collective
AG
This is great.
Urban Ag
AG
CJS4715 said:

This is great.
The best part is, he's actually describing meeting Peter Dinklage at a donkey show in Matamoros in 1994.
jokershady
AG
Rank your favorite Star Wars movie ending.

So we've ranked our favorite movies plenty of times....but the thread about Rogue One got me wondering if our opinions of these films would change if we ONLY based our opinion of them on the last scenes / final moments.

So here's a summary.

TPM: duel of the fates lightsaber fight / droid fight / space battle / Quigons death / parade
AOTC: big clone battle / dooku vs obiwan & Anikan / yoda vs dooku / Anikan and Padme wedding
ROTS: obiwan vs Anikan / yoda vs palps / birth of Luke & Leia / tying up lose ends through ANH / duel sunset at the end
Solo: twist ending emphas nest being the start of rebellion / double cross & switcharoo of hyperium / solo vs qira vs Dryden Voss / Darth maul reveal
Rogue One: space battle / beach raid / stolen plans / everyone dies / Vader hallway / young Leia
ANH: Death Star attack / trench run / solo in the nick of time / award ceremony + music
ESB: Vader vs luke / cool hand Luke / I am your father / Landos redemption
ROTJ: space battle / battle of Endor / Luke vs Vader / Vader's redemption / Vader's death / party in the treehouse
TFA: Hans Death / Finn vs Kylo / Rey vs Kylo / Rey meets Luke
TLJ: planet battle / I saved you dummy / Luke force projection vs Kylo / Luke's Death / falcon escape / force books + broken saber / broom boy

And after writing this all out, I realize this is way harder than what I originally expected. I'll be posting mine soon after this one.
jokershady
AG
jokershady said:

Rank your favorite Star Wars movie ending.

So we've ranked our favorite movies plenty of times....but the thread about Rogue One got me wondering if our opinions of these films would change if we ONLY based our opinion of them on the last scenes / final moments.

So here's a summary.

TPM: duel of the fates lightsaber fight / droid fight / space battle / Quigons death / parade
AOTC: big clone battle / dooku vs obiwan & Anikan / yoda vs dooku / Anikan and Padme wedding
ROTS: obiwan vs Anikan / yoda vs palps / birth of Luke & Leia / tying up lose ends through ANH / duel sunset at the end
Solo: twist ending emphas nest being the start of rebellion / double cross & switcharoo of hyperium / solo vs qira vs Dryden Voss / Darth maul reveal
Rogue One: space battle / beach raid / stolen plans / everyone dies / Vader hallway / young Leia
ANH: Death Star attack / trench run / solo in the nick of time / award ceremony + music
ESB: Vader vs luke / cool hand Luke / I am your father / Landos redemption
ROTJ: space battle / battle of Endor / Luke vs Vader / Vader's redemption / Vader's death / party in the treehouse
TFA: Hans Death / Finn vs Kylo / Rey vs Kylo / Rey meets Luke
TLJ: planet battle / I saved you dummy / Luke force projection vs Kylo / Luke's Death / falcon escape / force books + broken saber / broom boy

And after writing this all out, I realize this is way harder than what I originally expected. I'll be posting mine soon after this one.
In order (and this was damn hard):

1. Rogue One
2. ANH
3. ROTJ
4. ESB
5. TFA
6. TPM
7. ROTS
8. TLJ
9. AOTC
10. Solo

I really didn't want to put Solo last but damnit there's so many iconic things in EVERY ending of a Star Wars film....
SpreadsheetAg
AG
1. ANH
2. ROTJ (original ending)
3. R1
4. ESB
5. ROTS (minus "NOOOOOOOO")
6. TPM
7. Solo
9. TFA
10. TLJ
10. AOTC
twilly
AG
Star Wars day is now a official holiday...in California at least.
California Makes It Official, Votes to Declare May 4 'Star Wars Day'
The Collective
AG
jokershady said:

This has to be #1 due to this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Looking strictly at climaxes, it's a toss-up between TPM, ROTS, and ROTJ, for me.

Actually kind of tough to choose a winner.

Edit: To clarify, ESB has one of my favorite duels in the series. The only reason I don't mention it is because there's no secondary action going on, other than Leia and Lando escaping Cloud City.
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Edit: To clarify, ESB has one of my favorite duels in the series. The only reason I don't mention it is because there's no secondary action going on, other than Leia and Lando escaping Cloud City.
See exactly!

It changes things quite a bit....

ESB dropped to #4 on my list because of this.

Does that actually make ESB an even better film considering the ending climax isn't as intense as other Star Wars films (I believe it's the only one where no one dies) but still is generally listed as everyone's favorite?

Does focusing on the ending of TPM piss you off even more considering if as much effort was put into the script and story as that final fight and musical score that we could have had a better prequel film?
The Collective
AG
I don't know how Episode IV isn't a clear #1.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No lightsaber duel.
double aught
AG
CJS4715 said:

This. So great.
TCTTS
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
Raawwwrrrr
Brahma
RIP
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If Leia puts that medal on Chewie in IX I'm gonna lose it.
MandoArms
"Chewie, There'll be another time. The Princess. You have to take care of her."

Go take care of our princess for us.
IG: mando_arms
The Collective
AG
I'm starting to think Anthony Daniels lives the longest out of the OG cast.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sadly I think Billy Dee is next to go. He is not looking great these days. Glad we'll see him one last time in December.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Online reservations opened up for Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland today. Ran out in 2 hours.

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disneyland-star-wars-galaxys-edge-reservations-20190502-story.html
jokershady
AG
double aught said:

CJS4715 said:

This. So great.
Where's y'alls list?

To be fair I did place ANH at #2......just can't beat Rogue One in my opinion
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

If Leia puts that medal on Chewie in IX I'm gonna lose it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Help me settle a debate.

I was telling my brother that doing a SW land instead of a full theme park was a missed opportunity for Disney.

Plenty of space in Orlando, you could do a lot more than 2 rides, you could do different planets for the different themed areas, etc.

He says it would've been too risky because it's not a big enough global property.

IMO it would be a smash success. More tickets sold, more hotel rooms, and it's got more than enough global recognition.

Thoughts?
First Page Last Page
Page 820 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.