Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,766 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

About to fly to Chicago!
Have a great time Spilner
twilly
AG
dave94 said:

Keep that sh*t outta here.

Apparently it's "touchy" Thursday.
Ag Since 83
AG
In the line for the show floor (not the show store). It feels like I'm 4000th in line but that could be an over or underestimate

And the guy next to me just started The Last Jedi on his iPad. An auspicious beginning
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
The Collective
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

And the guy next to me just started The Last Jedi on his iPad. An auspicious beginning

Breathe... Just Breathe.
Ag Since 83
AG
Heh at least he has ear buds
Urban Ag
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

In the line for the show floor (not the show store). It feels like I'm 4000th in line but that could be an over or underestimate

Look at him blankly, eye to eye, scowl a little

Grab iPad, toss over your shoulder

Grunt. Drink some milk.

TCTTS
AG
twilly
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

And this is the reason I'm in the bar enjoying a beer while the line snakes around the building a few more times.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Urban Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

Agreed that was pretty awesome.

I'm like yeah, cool, whoa, badass.....

Then Hux

/snicker

Then back to awesome, whoa, cool, badass......
TCTTS
AG
The black cover at the end...

TCTTS
AG
AggieDem said:

Forgive me, I'm not caught up on the thread or on Celebration news...When are we expecting this trailer?
Flashdiaz
AG
Urban Ag said:

TCTTS said:

Then Hux

/snicker

Will Hux be redeemed in Episode IX? Part of me thinks he should just be disposed of like Vader did to so many officers... but then again, JJ made him almost a rival to Kylo so maybe he has a better end for him.
512Ag
AG
Thanks.
Urban Ag
AG
the only acceptable role for Hux:

Apology accepted, Genral Hux

/thud

jabberwalkie09
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Urban Ag said:

TCTTS said:

Then Hux

/snicker

Will Hux be redeemed in Episode IX? Part of me thinks he should just be disposed of like Vader did to so many officers... but then again, JJ made him almost a rival to Kylo so maybe he has a better end for him.

It would be hard to course change the direction of Hux after how he was depicted in TLJ.
TCTTS
AG
A version of this would have been amaaaaazing...

Quote:

"Everyone talks about the shock of realizing that on 'Force Awakens' I don't come in until the last page," [Hamill] said (via THR). "A bigger shock to me was them killing Han Solo before Luke could ever see his best friend again."

He added, "I mean, it might be selfishly motivated, but I said, 'Holy cow, that's a real missed opportunity.' Even having the three of us together, even briefly. I pitched [J.J.] Abrams on the idea of, 'You can still have me come in at the very end, but how about this. How about Leia's trying to contact me telepathically, she gets frustrated because there's no answers, so she rushes to the new Death Star - that's three, so far." (Nice little jab at the overused Death Star storyline, Hamill.)

"And she almost gets there but she gets stopped by two Stormtroopers, and just before she's abducted, one Stormtrooper turns to the other one, blows him away, pulls off his helmet and says, 'Hi, sis, I'm here to rescue you.' I say, 'It'll blow the roof off the joint, I'm still in it at the very end,'" Hamill continued.

Now, this might delight many fans of the original trilogy, who were hoping that the new films would pick up with the same characters and continue the story of Han, Luke, and Leia. However, it's clear that Lucasfilm wanted the focus to be on the new folks, such as Rey, Kylo, Finn, and Poe.

"I think it's more effective to have people that really have a history with Han Solo witness his death and be unable to stop it," the actor said. "His wife, the mother of his child, his best friend, instead of two characters that have known him, what, 20 minutes? But they get the keys to the kingdom, and they're the deciders, so you just have to live with it."

Damn it, J.J., I will never get over the fact that we didn't get at least one scene with Luke, Leia, and Han together again. It STILL baffles me how much they botched that...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

The black cover at the end...

jabberwalkie09
AG
So, about that leaked poster that was requested to be removed awhile back.... kinda looking confirmed to me!

TCTTS
AG
Different poses, but yeah, pretty dang close.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

Different poses, but yeah, pretty dang close.

Costumes/wardrobe looks pretty much/is identical from what I remember seeing.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, for sure.
TCTTS
AG
First look at The Mandalorian logo from the Disney+ event today...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
The Mandalorian debut (and the Disney+ launch on the whole) officially set for November 12. $6.99/month or $69.99/year, which are pretty great price points...

Dro07
AG
Do we know how many logins we get ...

Asking for a friend.
double aught
AG
I'm sure that's a temporary price point.

Relatedly, Netflix told me today that their price is going up another dollar a month.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Day 1

YouBet
AG
I would just like to say that Brian Earl Spilner is my enemy for life simply out of jealousy.

I merely hate the rest of you.
redline248
AG
jokershady
AG
TCTTS
AG
This is messed up (thread)...

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
That's interesting. And yeah, based on the way the Celebration account responded, I bet they system will change going forward, likely in the way you laid out.
First Page Last Page
Page 807 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.