Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,706 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just want Vader to say "Bring my shuttle."
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That is probably the only real screw-up change in Empire.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
CJS4715 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

That is probably the only real screw-up change in Empire.
They really messed up the pacing of the entire sequence, cutting between Vader saying "Alert my star destroyer ..." and the MF coming under Cloud City to pick up Luke from the weather vane. Plus, I think the original special edition had Luke screaming something as he fell away from the platform, but that has since been removed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mandalorian panel confirmed for Sunday April 14 at Celebration.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Mandalorian panel confirmed for Sunday April 14 at Celebration.

Flashdiaz
AG
twilly
AG
Some of the Celebration exclusive items are unveiled...
STAR WARS CELEBRATION CHICAGO EXCLUSIVES PREVIEW

Oooohhhhh...must have
tamusc
AG
twilly said:

Some of the Celebration exclusive items are unveiled...
STAR WARS CELEBRATION CHICAGO EXCLUSIVES PREVIEW

Oooohhhhh...must have

Damn....that's definitely a must have.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
Any panels have a foreigner with really poor English who may give up major spoilers?

Ag Since 83
AG
Just found my Celebration badge in my mailbox
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/3/21/18276212/disneyland-resort-hotels-booked-star-wars-galaxys-edge
Flashdiaz
AG
Taika Waititi, voicing an IG-series droid

AliasMan02
AG
This is a deep cut for you Star Wars fans, but this thing rules. Create your own Corellian freighter.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Awesome. You know it's special when even employees are this excited.

jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Awesome. You know it's special when even employees are this excited.

i didn't think employees at Disney could have facial hair....

Anyways...that is really awesome to see!!! Honestly I love Star Wars so much id probably react the same way.

I'm assuming this is as close as these people (or anyone working there) will ever get to being in a Star Wars movie
PatAg
AG
Regarding the GoT guys movie, this quote made no sense to me "think almost Star Wars meets Lord of the Rings.""

Just because its hundreds of years before the Skywalkers, are they indicating they think the technology would be inferior? Its pretty established that the tech isnt really that different right, or is Old Republic era somehow not canon?

AliasMan02
AG
PatAg said:

Regarding the GoT guys movie, this quote made no sense to me "think almost Star Wars meets Lord of the Rings.""

Just because its hundreds of years before the Skywalkers, are they indicating they think the technology would be inferior? Its pretty established that the tech isnt really that different right, or is Old Republic era somehow not canon?

What they mean is in scope and complexity, not it being low tech.
Liquid Wrench
I'm not a vidya game player, but I thought the Vitiate saga from the old republic would eventually be good fodder for movies. I've enjoyed trailers for that series more than a certain recent movie installment.

I could kind of see that being a Rings-ish saga involving the quest for immortality.
PatAg
AG
AliasMan02 said:

PatAg said:

Unless they are able to discover some previously written novels, I would not be confident in them being able to come up with a complex storyline on their own.
YouBet
AG
PatAg said:

AliasMan02 said:

PatAg said:

Unless they are able to discover some previously written novels, I would not be confident in them being able to come up with a complex storyline on their own.

Neither were almost 100% of the authors that wrote SW novels in the EU. Frankly, there is not a high bar to clear here.
PatAg
AG
YouBet said:

PatAg said:

AliasMan02 said:

PatAg said:

Neither were almost 100% of the authors that wrote SW novels in the EU. Frankly, there is not a high bar to clear here.
should just borrow story lines from the video games
PDWT_12
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

"Star Wars: A New Hope - in concert."

Anyone been to one of these before? Idea sounds cool. But then I also remember all those school trips to go watch them do the pops concerts where we'd sit there for a couple of hours just to say "yeah some of that sounded familiar."

I'm sure it'll sell out before I can make a decision, but looks interesting.

Quote:

a complete showing of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope on the big screen at Jones Hall, with John Williams' epic, unforgettable score played live by the Houston Symphony.

Just wanted to say that we went and saw this in Houston last Saturday night. We thought it was awesome, gave me a whole new appreciation for John Williams, and I already appreciated the hell out of him. Watching all the individual pieces of the symphony come together is pretty special.

We will probably do Empire in November, and make sure to get better seats so that we can see the screen easier.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hadn't seen any of the amazing art from Celebration Chicago posted, so here it is.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
and more
'

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
and a few more

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

YouBet
AG
Love the Boba Fett and Falcon one. Has a Frank Frazetta feel to it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Quote:

Fantastic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Love this one. Exclusive Celebration-only cover of Claudia Gray's new novel.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bit of Mandalorian news.

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-mandalorian-villain/
The Collective
AG
Celebration is only two weeks out.

Quote:

Star Wars Episode IX
Fri, Apr 12, 2019
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Celebration Stage

"Live on the Celebration Stage; streamed to the Galaxy and Twin Suns Stages
With the culmination of the Star Wars Saga arriving before the end of the year, the Star Wars: Episode IX panel is one you will definitely not want to miss! With Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy and Star Wars: Episode IX director JJ Abrams appearing on stage, you can count on plenty of surprises and special guests to keep your imagination buzzing for the rest of Celebration! Live on the Celebration Stage; streamed to the Galaxy and Twin Suns Stages."

Quote:

Bringing Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge to Life at Disney Parks
Sat, Apr 13, 2019
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Celebration Stage

Quote:

The Galaxy-Wide Premiere of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Sat, Apr 13, 2019
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Celebration Stage

Join the head of Respawn Entertainment, Vince Zampella, and Game Director, Stig Asmussen, along with many special guests, to be the first to learn about this holiday's highly anticipated action adventure game, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Hear how Respawn and Lucasfilm collaborated on this original Star Wars story, following a young Padawan's journey in the Dark Times following Order 66. And of course, we'll have a few surprises in store.

Quote:

The Mandalorian
Sun, Apr 14, 2019
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Celebration Stage

"Live on the Celebration Stage; presented simultaneously at the Galaxy and Twin Suns Stages
Learn about the perilous world of The Mandalorian, set to debut on Disney +, with executive producer and writer Jon Favreau and executive producer and director Dave Filoni in a special panel discussion. "

Quote:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sneak Peek
Sun, Apr 14, 2019
3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Celebration Stage

Live on the Celebration Stage; streamed to the Twin Suns Stage

Dave Filoni and special guests celebrate the return of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and share a sneak peek at what's to come.

Quote:

Star Wars: Phantom Menace 20th Anniversary Celebration
Mon, Apr 15, 2019
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Celebration Stage

Live on the Celebration Stage; streamed to the Galaxy Stage

Every saga has a beginning. Join host Warwick Davis as we honor 20 years of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace! We're turning the pages back with rare behind-the-scenes content and special guests brought together to share their memories and insight into the film's creation. Now this is celebrating!

Quote:

Short Stories with Warwick Davis
Mon, Apr 15, 2019
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Celebration Stage

Buckle up and enjoy an unexpected and unpredictable retrospective into the prolific roles and career of the Host of the Celebration Stage, and the record holder for the Actor who has played the most Star Wars characters - Warwick Davis. Wicket, Wald, Weazel, Wollivan, Weeteef, Wodibin (are you detecting a pattern here?) and other Star Wars characters have all been masterfully played by Warwick, along with several characters from other popular movie franchises.

AliasMan02
AG
Warwick Davis is an underappreciated treasure.
redline248
AG
Quote:

Short Stories with Warwick Davis
I mean...

that is both hilarious and "not right"
First Page Last Page
Page 801 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.