Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,880 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
wesag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Canon or go home.
TCTTS
AG
A somewhat different trailer description from Making Star Wars...

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/11/shot-run-star-wars-force-awakens-teaser/
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
A somewhat different trailer description from Making Star Wars...

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/11/shot-run-star-wars-force-awakens-teaser/

LOL, both guesses at the trailer are pretty far apart. But like that last sentence said... showing anything substantial at this point seems like a very generous sample considering we are still a year away from the movie.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
Any self-respecting SW fan knows about the Holiday Special.

saw the original broadcast. It was 78 or 79

I guess I'm an "olds" now
TCTTS
AG
quote:
LOL, both guesses at the trailer are pretty far apart.

I don't know, the second description could easily be with music only, fading to black between each described shot. I think it's the same, basic idea as the initial description. I would lean toward the Making Star Wars description as being more accurate, though. Either way, I'm still betting it's just over a minute long, no dialogue (except for that final potential line), with a version of The Force Theme over individual shots, fading to black between each one. More new cast than old. In fact, I'll be surprised if they show Luke/Han/Leia at all.
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
quote:
Bump to get on page 1.

Watched a bunch of fan made trailers this morning. Some very bad some look amazing.

All that matters is, was the stormtrooper armor accurate?

The coolest one had a guy with a force power to disintegrate people. That actually seemed to jive with the idea of Luke with super skills he couldn't really control.
wesag
AG
Sweet.

Is anybody going to Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim? I was going and had reservations, but it doesn't coincide with my son's spring vacation.
TCTTS
AG
I'd say the trailer debuting with The Hobbit on December 17 is basically a sure-thing at this point...

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-7-force-awakens-trailer-hobbit-3/

Question is, will it be online before or after? Because Disney isn't releasing The Hobbit (that'd be Warner Bros.), my guess is before. Disney definitely wants maximum exposure, but no need to boost a rival studio's ticket sales with The Hobbit being the only way to see the trailer opening weekend.

If so - and I had to bet - I'd say the trailer will be released online Thursday, December 16. With the Batman v Superman trailer likely hitting that same week - and Warner Bros.' tendency to release big-name trailers online on Tuesdays - Tuesday, November 14 for Batman v Superman, and Thursday, November 16 for Star Wars, would probably make the most sense. Then again, WB/Disney may want to stager their trailers even more, without stepping on each other's toes, so who knows...
TCTTS
AG
Great, comprehensive article from The Hollywood Reporter...

How 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Lost Control of Its Secrets
wesag
AG
separate thread for the Hobbit please!

I'm big on both but no cross talk.
TCTTS
AG
Seriously? I'm going to mention by name the movie the Star Wars trailer might debut with. Deal with it.
Keegan99
AG
quote:
separate thread for the Hobbit please!

I'm big on both but no cross talk.

LOLWUT?

The post was about the Star Wars trailer.
wesag
AG
quote:
Seriously? I'm going to mention by name the movie the Star Wars trailer might debut with. Deal with it.

For actual discussion of The Hobbit is what i'm talking about. It was more a rhetorical declaration.
TCTTS
AG
Going on seven years now...

http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/1206682
Saxsoon
AG
Holy ****, didn't realize that thread was started my freshman year of college. Then that brought back horrible memories of my first ever Aggie Football game losing to Arkansas State and the Sherman 4-8 Season
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
WARNING: CROSS TALK

I was about 3 weeks away from buying my girlfriend's engagement ring the day that thread started. Now we have 2-1/2 year old twins. Insane
TCTTS
AG
More details on the trailer debut. It's likely still playing with The Hobbit, but not technically debuting with it. Sounds like Disney has "bigger plans," which may actually go down sometime before The Hobbit...

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-7-trailer-release-plans/
TCTTS
AG
quote:
WARNING: CROSS TALK

I was about 3 weeks away from buying my girlfriend's engagement ring the day that thread started. Now we have 2-1/2 year old twins. Insane
Simplebay
AG
Is LR saying it'll be in front of Into the Woods?

Am I going to have to see Into the Woods.
wangus12
AG
Marsuvees is Class of 2012. Good Man
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
They should take a page from Marvel and have an event for it. JJ Abrams hops up on stage, says, here's the teaser, but can't get it to start. Mark Hamill strolls out, does a little Force maneuver and the trailer cues up.

When the lights come back up, you've got the whole flippin cast out there to take a bow - Ford, Fisher, Mayhew, the droids (not in costume), Serkis, all the new actors, etc.

Then they announce, oh by the way, here's the titles of the first 2-4 stand-alones, along with the release dates for Episodes VIII and IX.

If the Obi-Wan movie is one of the stand-alones, have Ewan McGregor stroll out. If a Boba Fett movie is going to happen, get a guy in a Fett suit to come on stage, and let Harrison Ford make a crack or two about what happened back at the Sarlaac.

I watched the whole 24 minute Marvel presentation this morning on YouTube - I realize it's been out for a while, but man, those guys know what they are doing. People insanely shouting for titles that are 5 years off and have zero cast or directors attached. Then you bring Cap and Stark out and let them ham it up.

Assuming Ford doesn't slip and break a hip, you could so the same thing, here, simulcast it on Youtube, StarWars.com, Vimeo and whatever other places host video, and break the flippin' Internet.
AggieBQ03
AG
quote:
Is LR saying it'll be in front of Into the Woods?

Am I going to have to see Into the Woods.

They will let you leave after the trailers if you want.
wesag
AG
quote:
Holy ****, didn't realize that thread was started my freshman year of college. Then that brought back horrible memories of my first ever Aggie Football game losing to Arkansas State and the Sherman 4-8 Season

Y'all need a new thread so it will be clearly visible when I castigate Legolas! Before you get upset, i'm kidding. A little.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly was kinda hoping the debut would be on the big screen. Nothing beats seeing a trailer on the big screen for the first time. Nowadays most people have seen the big trailers on youtube before they see them at the movies.
wesag
AG
quote:
Honestly was kinda hoping the debut would be on the big screen. Nothing beats seeing a trailer on the big screen for the first time. Nowadays most people have seen the big trailers on youtube before they see them at the movies.
given that theaters generally don't sell out in most places, my wife and I go to movies ten minutes late so as to avoid trailers. Many are bad and for the movies that are good, they show many of the good scenes (particularly true of comedies).. I guess i'm mostly a media blackout guy.

Well I do read Ebert.
wesag
AG
Digression.

I'll be seeing the Star Wars trailer if possible.
slickag2007
AG
I'm hoping that it is an incredibly brief trailer. Less is more, if you will.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Screw that
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
my wife and I go to movies ten minutes late so as to avoid trailers
What!? Oh man, I LOVE watching trailers in the theater. I end up saying "oooh, I wanna see that" to like 3/4 of the movies! Of course, with a wife and 3 kids it never happens. I go to the theater maybe 6 times a year and some of those awesome trailers don't even turn into a Redbox rental.
TCTTS
AG
Great article from Slash Film today with ten ideas for - and questions that could be answered in - the spin-off movies...

http://www.slashfilm.com/10-star-wars-mysteries
wesag
AG
quote:

My sentiment also.
TCTTS
AG
Rumor is it's only a minute long. Maybe a minute and ten seconds max.
Simplebay
AG
Ill only need 4 seconds.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Ill only need 4 seconds.
I bet you say that to all the ladies
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I end up saying "oooh, I wanna see that" to like 3/4 of the movies!

I think I've sat in front of you at like 6,000 movies.
First Page Last Page
Page 74 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.