Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,991 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Can't wait to see it a 2nd time.....my audience reaction was great but......

had this one guy directly behind me...and he reacted inappropriately at several points.

It became obvious after a while he did not know SW at all...and he was with kids who did and was not controlling them.

Sometimes he audibly said "WTF" when he didn't get something....or "who's that?"

When it showed the Millennium Falcon and Luke going inside he said "what the....how did that get there?"......one kid said to him "thats the Millenium Falcon" and he says "oh....yeah i thought so".

Jesus kill me.

I don't mind new people being introduced to SW but jesus watch ONE movie sometime before you come OR just STFU and watch. In fact one of our group of 6 was a UK friend of my daughters who never saw any SW movies before and she loved it. We gave her a little backstory before but she just watched it for what it was.

Laser Wolf
It's sad when your enjoyment of a movie revolves around crowd reactions.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Laser Wolf said:

You're a moron.

Nobody said their enjoyment revolves around crowd reaction. Just gauging a more real reaction vs some online poll by observation. My theater was borderline electric and peoplewere milling around the lobby after talking excitedly about it.

My only negative was a distraction who was talking behind me.
aggiephoenix02
Laser Wolf said:

Yeah, you're a turkey, a fun hating turkey burger...
Bunk Moreland
That was a bad movie. Wow.
VanZandt92
CJS4715 said:

Not like I have to tell people on this thread, but see this movie! See it now before someone ruins it for you.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
So I've officially given up on this trilogy.

Can we get a Netflix series now? I would like to see something about either the Mandalorians or the rise and the fall of the Sith the first time.
Farmer1906
AG
No chance on Netflix when Disney will be doing their own thing soon.
PatAg
AG
I wonder what the venn diagram is of people hating this movie and people who also were disappointed by their first time having sex.
Seven Costanza
AG
Signs that I'm getting old: My initial thoughts are "it's too loud" and "does it really need to be 2.5 hours?"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Welp, screw it. Time for viewing #3.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
aggiephoenix02
In my opinion, that's pretty cool. They definitely have a talent for swinging around toy lightsabers.

Edit: I mean, I couldn't do that. I'd look silly, HaHa...
Ag Since 83
AG
This morning I took a look at the DLC in Battlefront II. The additional campaign stuff was OK. I assume there are more chapters coming.

The new TLJ map in multiplayer is pretty cool, though
SeattleAgJr

better than TLJ.
DB Coach
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

BES, which one are you?
Sex Panther
AG
DB Coach said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

BES, which one are you?

Definitely red saber
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DB Coach said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

BES, which one are you?

Pft, I wish I had that kinda talent.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Officially second biggest domestic opening weekend of all time with $220M.
Laser Wolf
Brian Earl Spilner said:

They were probably thinking: "Welp, this suck ass movie had no actual lightsaber to lightsaber fight in it, so we better have our own."
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Officially second biggest domestic opening weekend of all time with $220M.
It will be real interesting to see its legs.

The man-on-the-street word of mouth is not as positive as TFA, so I am betting this "craters" much quicker that TFA. Critics love it, but the fans are mixed-to-positive.
Disney has already made a profit, so it is all gravy, but this will not be reaching anywhere near TFAs total gross.
SeattleAgJr
ATM1876 said:

Those guys have no formal training, they just picked up those laser swords and were able to do that.
OMG. That makes TLJ so much better then, because ANYONE can be a Jedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but that said, their moves look cool!
HECUBUS
AG
Meal we had before seeing the movie.
SeattleAgJr
HECUBUS said:

Meal we had before seeing the movie.

most random post of the day....
but your pic has more to do with the plot of TLJ than Finn's did, so it is allowed.
amercer
AG
So I'm not SeattleAg pissed or anything. In fact I really liked the movie. But now that they've admitted that there was zero plan for a three movie arc, this thread has lost some interest for me. If the people in charge of the worlds most valuable movie franchise haven't bothered to plot a course out, why would I waste the next two years arguing about how it's going to turn out?
HECUBUS
AG
My kids cracked up during the scene where Chewbacca was roasting dinner.

I should probably post my applewood smoked apple cider brined porg recipe on the food & spirits board...d8)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Because it's fun.
YouBet
AG
amercer said:

So I'm not SeattleAg pissed or anything. In fact I really liked the movie. But now that they've admitted that there was zero plan for a three movie arc, this thread has lost some interest for me. If the people in charge of the worlds most valuable movie franchise haven't bothered to plot a course out, why would I waste the next two years arguing about how it's going to turn out?

I stopped reading this thread many double moons ago but this is confirmed? I distinctly remember reports (unless I have revisionist history here) about the various directors meeting with one another to ensure consistency and continuity.

Was that false?
amercer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Because it's fun.

I know, and I'll be back tomorrow, but I really bought into the whole "Lucas story group has this all under control" thing.

George was crazy, and had lousy plot ideas, but he ran a tight ship.
Saul Goodman
AG
Got out of my 2nd viewing. My updated rankings (I'm interested to see if this changes at all a year from now):

ESB
ANH
TLJ*
TFA
RotJ
RO
RoftS
AotC
TPM
aggiephoenix02
Saul Goodman said:

Got out of my 2nd viewing. My updated rankings (I'm interested to see if this changes at all a year from now):

ESB
ANH
TLJ*
TFA
RotJ
RO
RoftS
AotC
TPM
R1 should be higher...
Not specifically addressing Saul's post, but, there needs to be a (friendly) debate sometime on why Phantom Menace is far superior to Attack of the Clones - even though it has lots of Jar Jar AND poor Jake. AotC is an abomination.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sith
TPM
Clones

I don't dislike any of them, but, TPM is better than Clones for sure. Podrace and Darth Maul fight are just epic.
aggiephoenix02
I concur...
First Page Last Page
Page 646 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.