Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,052 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
much better than I thought it would be. Not liking the kid, but lots of little nods to other things included - including a Gotal, the earlier model AT-ST and the alien muscleman looking like Ralph McQuarrie's original concept of Chewbacca.
fig96
AG
He sure does look like that original Chewie sketch, good eye.

The clip started out kinda slow, just like Clone Wars the character/acting moments probably won't be the strong suit of the show. Action looked really good though and it's great to see all the old school designs realized.
Hagen95
AG
My kiddoes watch quite a bit of the Disney channels and they are pimping out this show. The preview was on last night. Seemed like it might be decent enough to feed the SW geekiness.
redline248
AG
Help me get a few things straight. 1 - this show is only on Disney XD? Great, dish doesn't have that in HD. 2 - What period is the show set? Between ep 3 and 4? 3 - that one guy is supposed to be a Jedi?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Question - I have a hankering to watch some Star Wars animated series and I was thinking about watching Clone Wars on Netflix.

Should I skip it and go straight to Rebels or is it worth watching? I've always been curious to see more stories set in the Clone Wars era, and since it's canon, I figure it'd be worth a watch.

Also, do I have to watch the movie, or should I start from season 1, or even a later season?

[This message has been edited by Brian Earl Spilner (edited 8/5/2014 2:17p).]
redline248
AG
The movie sets up why Anakin has a padawan and who it is. It's not a bad movie.

Rebels hasn't started yet so clone wars is probably your best bet. It has some pretty good seasons. I personally would start with the movie and jump into season 1.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
2 - What period is the show set? Between ep 3 and 4? 3 - that one guy is supposed to be a Jedi?

Yes between ep's III and IV, the setting up the rebellion.

Apparently Kanaan (I think that is the character's name) survived both Order 66 and the subsequent purge from I have been able to understand.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting. Since this is part of the new canon, I wonder if he'll be alive in the new trilogy.
redline248
AG
See thats what I hate. Vader would find his ass and kill him.
fig96
AG
quote:
Question - I have a hankering to watch some Star Wars animated series and I was thinking about watching Clone Wars on Netflix.

Should I skip it and go straight to Rebels or is it worth watching? I've always been curious to see more stories set in the Clone Wars era, and since it's canon, I figure it'd be worth a watch.

Also, do I have to watch the movie, or should I start from season 1, or even a later season?

Don't have to watch the movie IMO but it's got some fun battle sequences in it and does set up some of the story. The animation is definitely a little rough though.

Clone Wars starts out a bit slow, and there's periodic episodes that you tend to fast forward though, but as you get a few seasons in the stories really start to pick up and the overall quality gets pretty good.

You probably want to pick up from the beginning just to follow everything and meet all the new characters, but you may find you tune out a bit on some episodes.

[This message has been edited by fig96 (edited 8/5/2014 5:02p).]
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
periodic episodes that you tend to fast forward though

All the Jar Jar centric episodes.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
See thats what I hate. Vader would find his ass and kill him.

Yeah... seeing as how he and the clone troopers marched into the temple and slaughtered everyone, I would be inscribed to agree. Though others did escape order 66, like Kenobi and yoda.
Knife_Party
quote:

I watched it all this past spring. It's a good watch with some good episodes, and a few boring ones.
fig96
AG
quote:
All the Jar Jar centric episodes.

Those and some of the droid episodes are the ones that came to mind.
redline248
AG
Most of the Padme episodes sucked too.
Hagen95
AG
quote:
Vader would find his ass and kill him.

C'mon post a spoiler alert.

BeefAg_00~
How important is it to watch the clone wars movie before watching the clone wars tv show?

Is the movie any good?
Farmer1906
AG
I'd say very important.

Its nothing special. I think the series was much better as whole and had some really great episodes and some really kiddy or boring ones too.
JCRiley09
AG
There are actually two episodes from clone wars tv that happen before the movie. I have no idea what the explanation is for this, but the shows are not in chronological order.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

[This message has been edited by JCRiley09 (edited 8/8/2014 4:23p).]
Urban Ag
AG
I watched Clone Wars with my sons for the first three seasons until we all pretty much lost interested.

This episode:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/clone-wars/landing-at-point-rain

is pure greatness and got me thinking that an awesome idea for one of the spin off movies would be a war epic set during the Clone Wars.
Ambres
AG
If they do an Xwing movie then that would be very awesome.. especially if they do it in the tone of the books.
Knife_Party
Heck ya man. They need to do a Boba Fett/bounty hunter spin off, a Wraith Squadron style spin off, and some kind of Imperial spin off.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Lol, Star Wars: Into Darkness
Seven Psycho Ags
quote:
Heck ya man. They need to do a Boba Fett/bounty hunter spin off, a Wraith Squadron style spin off, and some kind of Imperial spin off.

Movie about an AT-AT crew going rogue, please. Like Fury but set in a walker
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
Wow...

http://www.latino-review.com/news/photos-of-star-wars-episode-vii-millennium-falcon-andspoiler-sets

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
These pics make me happy.
jabberwalkie09
*faints*
agracer
AG
quote:
Robot hand would be dangerous to use (if it malfunctions).

That’s what she said!

Urban Ag
AG
Looking at those pictures makes me think of old car smell. They should have inserted a 8 track cassette player and left a few pop top Bud cans on the floor to really freeze it in the 70's.
TCTTS
AG
I keep hearing that Oscar Isaac's character is now in possession of the Millennium Falcon. If so, how cool will it be to have Isaac's character and Han - once aboard - kind of arguing and bickering over it? Maybe Isaac's character has made modifications Han doesn't agree with, or Han knows some secret engine thing about it that Isacc's character doesn't, etc. Just the idea of Han begrudgingly watching someone else operate his old ship could be great.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I just love that it's dirty and not pristine.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If someone else is owning the Falcon, I sure as hell hope Han shoots first.
First Page Last Page
Page 53 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.