Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,640 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
vwbug said:

Han Solo Film question for the Star Wars group. What other characters from 4-6 will we see in the Han Solo film?
- Lando, confirmed
- Leia, from a distance maybe?
- Vader?
- Jabba? Would love to see a trimmed down Jabba
- Boba Fett?
- Chewbacca is confirmed, is that correct?
- Any others you think will show up? Ewoks?

I'm loving these spin off movies. Rogue 1 is going to be a blast to see, it looks really good from the trailers. Great time to be a star wars fan.
I don't see Vader or Boba Fett being in the Han Solo flick.

I'd imagine Jabbe has to be in it. But why would Jabba be trimmed down? We already saw him Ep. 1 and he looked exactly the same.

Others would might include Maz Kanata from Ep. 7? (Seems like a good use to her underutilized character and she clearly had established history with Han)
vwbug
Love the Maz idea, that would be neat to see. I thought Jabba was slimmer when they horribly threw him in the episode 4 remastered. I believe Han pokes his hand through him in that scene.

AliasMan02
AG
vwbug said:

Han Solo Film question for the Star Wars group. What other characters from 4-6 will we see in the Han Solo film?
- Lando, confirmed
- Leia, from a distance maybe?
- Vader?
- Jabba? Would love to see a trimmed down Jabba
- Boba Fett?
- Chewbacca is confirmed, is that correct?
- Any others you think will show up? Ewoks?

I'm loving these spin off movies. Rogue 1 is going to be a blast to see, it looks really good from the trailers. Great time to be a star wars fan.

I think it will just be Chewie, Lando, and Jabba. Sana Starros, from the comics, would be a possibility if there is an assembled crew or love interest.
Urban Ag
AG
why on earth would Ewoks appear in a Han Solo movie?
Ag Since 83
AG
Leia or Vader would be Lucasian levels of trying to shoehorn everyone into a movie. A Jabba cameo would be too fan servicey but a larger role may work. If I were them I'd just have Han interact with an agent of Jabba's
AliasMan02
AG
Like Bib Fortuna, one of my favorites.
Ag Since 83
AG
Oh I like it. I was thinking a new character because some people will still think it's fan service, but I would be ok with seeing more of Bib
Duncan Idaho
Urban Ag said:

Because they are awesome
TCTTS
AG
Pretty sure the Han Solo film will be fairly removed from any of the other movies. Lando will obviously play a big part, as will Chewie most likely, and potentially Jabba, and maybe even Greedo at some point, but that's probably it. Just know that if this movie works, there are rumored to be very tentative plans for two more sequels. So it's not like this one is going to end with Han and Chewie taking a seat at the Cantina in Mos Eisley.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Am I alone in saying that I am not the least interested in a young Han Solo movie? How do you find someone that not only looks similar enough to Harrison Ford, but can play it with the same Charisma?

Besides, I really don't want to see the same characters in these Anthology stories. I want to see what else is going on at the same time in the SW universe. Rogue 1 is interesting to me for that very reason.
AliasMan02
AG
I don't need this movie. Neither do you. But if we want more wide ranging stories, Lucasfilm needs to get the casual fan to get invested. That's what this is about and it's a great strategy, imo.

It's not bad that we're getting a Han movie. It's just not our first choice, as big fans. We shouldn't confuse the two.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

Am I alone in saying that I am not the least interested in a young Han Solo movie? How do you find someone that not only looks similar enough to Harrison Ford, but can play it with the same Charisma?

Besides, I really don't want to see the same characters in these Anthology stories. I want to see what else is going on at the same time in the SW universe. Rogue 1 is interesting to me for that very reason.
Rogue 1 has an established tie to the OT. I think this movie is going to be awesome. As for the others that are in the works, I am guessing here, but I think Disney is kinda testing the waters by bringing out movies with established characters and filling in the blanks on events referenced in earlier trilogy movies. If they are successful, then I would expect that they may begin developing completely original stories set in the SW universe.
Hagen95
AG
If they want to appeal to my fanboy for the Han movie, we will need a Kessel run.
twilly
AG
And since there is going to be a Lando in the picture, I would think the story behind Han winning the Falcon would be shown as well.
MGS
Duncan Idaho said:

Urban Ag said:

Because they are awesome
...and Wookies think they are delicious.
redline248
AG
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around
TCTTS
AG
Confirmed last week. Check back a page or two.
AMW2010
AG
We won 2nd and 3rd in a costume contest....

.... These ARE the droids you are looking for lol ....
TCTTS
AG
Collider / "Cinematographer Bradford Young Teases "Unexpected" and "Dramatic" Young Han Solo Movie"
LeonardSkinner
What was first place?

Something lame, like "Jabba the Mutt," or something that took no effort at all, like a chihuahua going as Salacious Crumb?
AMW2010
AG
First place was this little girl dressed in like tradition Asian clothes and her dog was a piece of sushi.... I had matching Mickey Mouse hats to go with each dog that I got when I went to Disney world lol
The Collective
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BMRcx4WAF9a
The Collective
AG
Some random tidbits from various places...

Mads Mikkelsen on reshoots:
Quote:

Yeah, and that feels pretty much like the case here. I had one day. It was a little bitty pick-up shot we were doing. And I did see all the fuss about it, but it's all free commercials and free fuss about the film. I was not involved. If it was as dramatic as they say, [Laughs] I seemed to be a very lucky person who was not part of it. But I can't imagine it was as big as they say.

Neal Scanlan, visual & creature effects supervisor on Edwards:
Quote:

"The biggest challenge on Rogue One was to give Gareth, Gareth's vision for the film. In many ways that is the biggest thing because a director always has his unique way of seeing the world, and I think Gareth has an incredibly unique way, and I think you'll see that in the film, I think it'll come through. His whole style of filmmaking is different from people we've worked with. You have to get to know him, and get to know his creative what would Gareth like and what doesn't Gareth like? What would work for Gareth and what would work for his film?"

Quote:

"..Understand not where you are now, but where the film needs to be at the end, and where [Edwards] wants to be at the endI think you'll see that the characters in this, in Rogue One, are, I daresay, more realistic. They're more up close and personal.

Gareth's world is a much more intimate world. When we came to do the creatures for him it was the same thing. I think in many films we make characters that are all about the world around us, whereas for Gareth it's about people, it's about their faces, their expressions, it's about the things they're doing not in the broad scale, but the intimate scale."

Donald Glover
AG
Hadn't found my way to this thread for a while, but with the recent news, I feel like I had an obligation to.
MGS
CJS4715 said:

https://instagr.am/p/BMRcx4WAF9a
Lucas would just add a CGI orchestra.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Things I wonder about - Do you think R2D2 knows his old friend is Darth Vader?

His memory was never wiped, only 3PO's.

Do you think R2 was ever like, "Hey golden rod, you know the kid that built you? Yeah, he turned into a real dick. You see that guy in black that just froze Han in carbonite? That's him."
redline248
AG
I doubt he knew. Almost no one knew except Yoda and Obi-wan.
The Collective
AG
I keep checking this thread hoping one of you is going to let me know that I can now go online and buy my Rogue One tickets.
PatAg
AG
Am I the only one who wants the Han Solo movie to NOT feature a smooth/confident/sure of himself Han? I want his character to go through a journey and develop, not just be a young guy doing a Harrison Ford impression.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Things I wonder about - Do you think R2D2 knows his old friend is Darth Vader?

His memory was never wiped, only 3PO's.

Do you think R2 was ever like, "Hey golden rod, you know the kid that built you? Yeah, he turned into a real dick. You see that guy in black that just froze Han in carbonite? That's him."
Since R2-D2 was not present at the moment Anakin became Darth Vader, I tend to think he didn't know.
wangus12
AG
Thats how I feel about it as well
The Collective
AG
Maybe R2 overhead Luke and Yoda talking about it?
MGS
Maybe it was in all that data R2 got when he hacked the Death Star.
TCTTS
AG
What movie did they reference??? I have to know!

Quote:

I have to admit, if you didn't even tell me what the movie was and just told me Phil Lord and Chris Miller are going to work with Bradford Young, I am in.
[Laughs.] Yeah.

It could have been Lego Movie 2. It could be anything. I'm in.
[Laughs.] Now, this collaboration, in the essence, didn't seem as obvious to me. You know what I mean? There was a real bridge to it. But they convinced me.

They had to convince you?
They convinced me. I wasn't sure, you know what I mean? They were sure, though.

I imagine they were.
They know exactly what they want. And it didn't take long to convince me, but they did it. They referenced the right things and immediately I was like, "Okay, I want to work with these guys." You know, but I wasn't sure. Star Wars, it's not something I've been thinking about or dreaming about. It just kind of fell on me, so I wasn't expecting that.

I got to interview Empire Strikes Back cinematographer Peter Su*****zky once. His whole point is that he and Irvin Kershner weren't sci-fi filmmakers, so that's why that movie worked so well.
Yeah. I mean, I think Peter and Irvin, they were experimental filmmakers. So that just was the brilliance of that, the unexpected bridge between that film and what they did. But it makes sense, though. It makes sense because that world is really playful, and it needs that. It can't be too procedural and it can't be too over the top action. Those films straddle a fine line and so why wouldn't you bring the two best art filmmakers of their time to the table and have them be part of the process? That's why that film is the best film narratively and it's the best film visually.

You said Lord and Miller referenced the right things. What did they say?
Well, I'll just say this: that they referenced the right films in the American film lexicon that really touched me in a real tender place. And they mentioned some films that I don't think they knew I had such a really emotional attachment to and there's one in particular and I'm not going to give it up because it would just tell everything. But there's one in particular that they mentioned in the referential landscape and that one really convinced me that these cats wanted to do something different. Because if you mention that film, it shows that you're brave and that you want to really try to do something different. And so, as soon as they said that, I had to double check, like, "Are you sure? That? You know what they did?" And they're like, "Yeah, that's the film we want to make." And I was like, Wow, these cats are brave.

That's really interesting it came down to that. There's a chance you might not have liked that movie they referenced.
They're honest. Yeah, those guys aren't guarded. They're not guarded with what they do best, you know what I mean? They believe in themselves, so they're only going to reference things that mean something to them. And if you are into it, great, let's roll. If you're not, we'll try again on another film. But these cats are real, they know exactly what they want. And so, that goes a long way for me.

http://uproxx.com/movies/bradford-young-han-solo-arrival/
Ag Since 83
AG
Random guess: Thelma and Louise
First Page Last Page
Page 495 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.