Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,478 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just finished Aftermath: Life Debt. Really, really good. Soooooooo much better than the first. It really worked, and Chuck wrote Han, Leia, and Chewie incredibly well. Good use of some other characters from the new, expanded canon as well.

Might be the best work of canon fiction. Definitely in the upper echelon with Dark Disciple, Tarkin, Bloodline, and Lost Stars.
AliasMan02
AG
Also, thanks to this community for being so awesome. Just tried to flip around reddit in search of some talk about Life Debt so as not to spoil it with talk here.

I noped out of that about two posts in. Just awful discussion.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dro07
AG
who dat?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rian Johnson, director of Episode VIII.
The Collective
AG
That pic is relevant, because some believe they have figured out who Snoke is based on one of the novels.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
That pic is relevant, because some believe they have figured out who Snoke is based on one of the novels.

Having read Aftermath... no way. It would make no sense for that character to be Snoke. Also, they're not going to introduce/reveal the big bad of the new trilogy in a novel. That will happen on screen.

I do think they hinted at some background on Snoke in the book, but no way have they revealed him.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Official logo for next year's merch.

I was born two weeks after Star Wars came out.....
Yeah, I keep forgetting the original hit theaters a little over a year before I was born. I can't remember a time in my life when Star Wars wasn't a big thing for me.
The Collective
AG
I agree with all of your post, but the theory is (maybe now, was) picking up steam online.
The Collective
AG
Well, watch quickly. Quality is better than the first one that was posted online...

edit: looks like Disney has given the video the ol snip snip.
Dro07
AG
can't make out much of it
Duncan Idaho
That was better quality?

Was the last one hand made with an etcha sketch?
The Collective
AG
quote:
That was better quality?

Was the last one hand made with an etcha sketch?

The initial one out spent about 40 seconds pointed down to the floor.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Final shot.
wangus12
AG
Look pretty solid to me
Duncan Idaho
I've said it before but I will say it again. This has the potential to be the best star wars film to date. *

*Not to be confused with this will be the best star wars movie experience. That will always be watching star wars in a theater for the first time as kid.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
I've said it before but I will say it again. This has the potential to be the best star wars film to date. *

*Not to be confused with this will be the best star wars movie experience. That will always be watching star wars in a theater for the first time as kid.
I am far more excited about Rogue One than I ever was for The Force Awakens, but Rogue One has quite a mountain to climb in topping The Empire Strikes Back. I truly hope they make a real war movie here that will be worthy of the Star Wars title.
Hagen95
AG
quote:

They said this before Episode I, back in the day.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:

They said this before Episode I, back in the day.
I think you can get over it after Episode VII
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
spanky
AG
quote:
can't make out much of it
I could make out several virgin voices in the background
The Collective
AG
Haha, they cut out Felicity calling her action figure a "doll".
jabberwalkie09
AG
I missed watching it. Guess I'll have to wait for it to officially come out. Hopefully. Dammit.
Duncan Idaho
2 things.

1. That is how you curate a Mutha ****ing brand.

2. The complete lack of non-animated prequel characters/costumes was noticeable and had to be a kick in the nuts to Lucas.
Duncan Idaho
Third thing.

Why was willow there riding a Segway?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Third thing.

Warrick is Wicket and has played a lot of characters in Star Wars films.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Third thing.

If that was all he did, it would have been glorious. But, he was a panel host... and the best one by a mile.
Duncan Idaho
psst ..that one was a troll.
AliasMan02
AG
Thinking about Snoke's timeline and character a bit...

Many speculate that Snoke is working at his seduction of Ben Solo from a distance, but Leia and Han sure talk like they know him to a greater degree than that. They could have learned about this after the fact, of course, but hearing them talk about Ben, it's like they watched his fall and lost out in a battle for their son's soul in real time.

Ben is off training with Luke before the First Order is out in front of the galaxy. Before there is a Resistance. At the time, there is only the Imperial remnant which is quietly sowing discord in the Senate and gathering resources. Snoke is presumably not a known entity, at least as Supreme Leader.

So the snapshot we have is at 24 years after Endor. Ben is 23 and still training with Luke and has just learned of his relationship with Vader. The First Order is simultaneously building military might in the Unknown Regions while its political birth is happening in the chambers of the Senate. Snoke is not a known entity at this time but is presumably out there, somewhere, likely overseeing the military end of things in wild space.

That gives a fairly narrow window for Snoke's coming out party.
boogieman
AG
VIII wrapped!

Ag Since 83
AG
Until they have to reshoot 40% of it anyway
tamusc
The Collective
AG
Get to work on post-production! Let's just do Rogue One next year.
AliasMan02
AG
My creative juices are flowing, so let me pose the following:

Where in the timeline should the next Anthology film fall, within some constraints? It must be within or adjacent to the existing canon, meaning from just before the blockade of Naboo up until Starkiller Base is destroyed. It also must not include any previously known, named character.

I feel like the transition period between Republic and Empire might be the most fertile ground as power bases realign.

I like the idea of a "frontier justice" movie where citizens have to fend off a growing criminal syndicate without the help of the Empire.

I also like the flip side of that, where Imperial troops at a remote garrison have to defend a settlement from some threat or other.

Another option is some pre-Naboo conflict scoundrels operating under the Republic's radar with no tie to the upcoming galactic war at all.

There is a lot of ground that can be covered.
redline248
AG
quote:
I like the idea of a "frontier justice" movie where citizens have to fend off a growing criminal syndicate without the help of the Empire

It could be called Star Wars: Firefly
First Page Last Page
Page 455 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.