Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,735 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no. Quicker, easier, more dangerous, seductive it is" (or something like that.)
The Collective
AG
quote:
There's a mini arc in the Clone Wars animated series that is about the necessity for balance between the light and dark sides of the force. Those were produced by Lucas, so he was okay with it.

Mortis
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
There's a mini arc in the Clone Wars animated series that is about the necessity for balance between the light and dark sides of the force. Those were produced by Lucas, so he was okay with it.

Mortis
FWIW, the association of good and evil is often that of light and dark. I've never had an issue with this.

Oh and I hate the Mortis arc.
redline248
AG
It was probably important for Anakin's development, but it wasn't great in execution.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
It was probably important for Anakin's development, but it wasn't great in execution.

I took it as Lucas trying to dig his way out of his "Chosen One" shaped hole.
fig96
AG
The concept behind the Mortis eps was pretty fascinating, but agreed that it never quite came together.

It's been a while, I should rewatch those.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

I took it as Lucas trying to dig his way out of his "Chosen One" shaped hole.
More like trying to explain the reason Anakin was the "Chosen One" through the arc. And at the same time, trying to further explain how the force worked. None of which was executed particularly well.
Philip J Fry
AG
quote:

Lucas also came up with Jar Jar and midichlorians. I wasn't okay with those either.
Ag Since 83
AG
Here's my mini-review of Bloodline now that I've completed it:

• Slow starting, as there's a lot of political goings on (nothing like the prequels though) and a lot of new characters/groups to introduce. It definitely picks up though
  • The final third has some major plot developments related to both the Skywalker legacy and setting up Episode VII. I was initially going to go to bed an hour ago but the book convinced me to finish it tonight
  • Much much better than Aftermath. If it wouldn't have ruined the Ben Solo reveal, I would say they should have released this book last October instead
nickstro66
AG
I'd rather see a Darth Maul movie
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I'd rather see a Darth Maul movie

They'd have to really do some work on this. I, and most 90+% of people have only seen Maul in one feature. Just don't know if they could do a Maul spinoff without losing interest or causing confusion. (Not for me, but for casual fans)
redline248
AG
The Darth Maul movie is called The Phantom Menace.
jr15aggie
AG
SIAP... but I missed it... holy cow!!!! One of the funniest things I've seen in a LONG time!!!!

fig96
AG
This is kind of a cool watch, really well done.

https://vimeo.com/165592795

(edit: hey staff, we need to get a Vimeo embed working up in here)
redline248
AG
Very James Bond in execution
wangus12
AG
quote:
Very James Bond in execution
Exactly what I was gonna say.
3rdGen2015
AG
Very cool. From the description:
quote:
After re-watching "The Empire Strikes Back," I decided to use this as a chance to create a homage in the form of a title sequence. This would also serve as my senior "thesis" at SVA and took me the whole semester to complete.

The style and tone of the animation was inspired by the James Bond title sequences. The music was a rejected song from the newest Bond film, Spectre, sung by Radiohead.
I have to say, he definitely nailed the style and tone he was going for.

It's interesting to think how different the overall tone of the movie would be with that intro instead of the crawl intro and fanfare.
The Collective
AG
quote:
The Darth Maul movie is called The Phantom Menace.

Watched this on Monday. My 4 year old loved it. So, there's that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't know what this means, but I like it!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Darth Vader gets his own late night show!?!?
An Ag in CO
AG
The Empire Strikes Back trailer in the style of James Bond (with the Radiohead song):

[url=<strong><a][/url]https://vimeo.com/165592795[url=https://vimeo.com/165592795][/url]
The Collective
AG
So, are we going to get more from Rogue One at Celebration (mid July) or are we going to be radio silent until the fall?

Also, the first teaser for TFA was in November of 2014 if I remember correctly. Should we expect a short teaser clip for Episode VIII with Rogue One?
Chipotlemonger
AG
I kind of doubt it.

The teaser if I had to guess won't come until early next year, after Rogue One's release.
fig96
AG
Scroll up
jabberwalkie09
AG
I don't think we will get another trailer for R1 but probably a new poster and some more details regarding some casting details. One thing I'm hoping for are cast interviews though.

I don't think we will get a teaser for VIII until after the new year.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think we'll probably get a behind-the-scenes video like what they did for Comic Con last year. Either that, or another short trailer, not a full, final trailer.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Youtube link:

The Collective
AG
Andi Gutierrez... the force is strong with that one.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, based on the past release pattern so far, this is what I'm thinking going forward (everything in bold is obviously a prediction)...

11/2014 - The Force Awakens Teaser
04/2015 - The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer (at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim)
07/2015 - The Force Awakens Behind the Scenes Featurette (at Comic-Con)
10/2015 - The Force Awakens Full Trailer
12/2015 - The Force Awakens Theatrical Release
04/2016 - The Force Awakens Retail Release

With no Rogue One teaser a year out, I'm assuming that was likely a one-time thing with TFA since that was basically announcing the beginning of a whole new saga after a decade since the prequels. That, and we're already starting to see a repeating pattern, so...

04/2016 - Rogue One Teaser Trailer
07/2016 - Rogue One Behind the Scenes Featurette (at SW Celebration Europe)
10/2016 - Rogue One Full Trailer
12/2016 - Rogue One Theatrical Release
04/2017 - Rogue One Retail Release

04/2017 - Episode VIII Teaser Trailer (at SW Celebration Orlando)
07/2017 - Episode VIII Behind the Scenes Featurette (at Comic-Con)
10/2017 - Episode VIII Full Trailer
12/2017 - Episode VIII Theatrical Release
04/2018 - Episode VIII Retail Release

Things then start to get a bit more complicated when the franchise switches from December to May theatrical releases with the Han Solo anthology movie in May 2018, just five months after Episode VIII hits theaters. So we'll definitely be getting a Han Solo teaser trailer BEFORE Episode VIII is released. I'd say likely November 2017 for the Han Solo teaser trailer, falling back in line with the old prequel schedule - teaser trailer in November, full trailer in April, theatrical release in late May from then on out (i.e. Episode IX and whatever comes after).
Chipotlemonger
AG
Good post. I agree with you on the timeline for TFA being more unique.
vwbug
It's on!

http://utv.ie/Entertainment/2016/05/13/Star-Wars-cast-arrive-at-Belfast-airport-58908
First Page Last Page
Page 427 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.