Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,772 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
cr0wbar
AG
Ahh- it has come. Seeing at 7:30 PM this evening. See you on the other side, brothers
MandoArms
I'm 16 hours away from seeing it....time is officially frozen. I may have completely ignored all conversation in the first morning meeting here at work....it is going to be a long day!!
Donald Glover
AG
Im at the West Plano Cinemark

Just finished AOTC, about to start ROTS
wangus12
AG
Is that Cinemark 17 on Webb Chapel because that where I am.

Report from the frontlines

Saw lots of people napping during AOTC. Can't blame them. Hayden Christensen gets worse with age. The Yoda fight scene is still awesome though
Donald Glover
AG
No it's not, I admittedly slept through most of AOTC too, but woke up to watch Anikan get his ass kicked and acrobatic Yoda
Donald Glover
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My adventure begins in one hour. Making a day of it.

Plan is to hop on the train to Penn Station, and walk to the AMC Lincoln Square from there. Wanna stroll by Times Square and check out the Star Wars ads, then grab a bite to eat before heading to the theater to print my ticket and check out the crowds.

Will report from the theater, where I expect there will be a lot to see and report.

The day is here!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Let's do this.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

Plan is to hop on the train to Penn Station, and walk to the AMC Lincoln Square from there. Wanna stroll by Times Square and check out the Star Wars ads, then grab a bite to eat before heading to the theater to print my ticket and check out the crowds.

Will report from the theater, where I expect there will be a lot to see and report.

The day is here!
Don't get mad if there's no pod racing in the new movie.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Let's do this.

http://i.imgur.com/up6UzlW.jpg
Posting a picture of yourself on a board full of Photoshop experts might have been the last mistake you'll ever make.

Thanks for giving me a project for the day.
Saxsoon
AG
In 12 hours for me the trailers will stop and the opening crawl will start.
The Collective
AG
quote:
In 12 hours for me the trailers will stop and the opening crawl will start.

20 minutes? **** ME.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm seeing more sell outs of standard showings as opposed to 3D. I'm hoping this continues and 3D goes away cause I'm personally tired of the best screens & theaters with the top notch sound systems showing these movies in 3D. Gives me a headache and I'm always left going to the standard theaters.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS
AG
Is it bad that I feel sorry for those of you currently doing the marathon? I don't care if it was my seven favorite movies of all time, sitting in a theater for that long sounds like absolute torture. Really hoping you guys aren't burnt out come tonight. That said, I imagine it could be kind of cool to see the story all the way through like that, especially with TFA as the reward at the end. If anything, I'm enjoying the updates, so keep 'em coming.

As for me, I'm seeing it at 10:30 PM PST tonight, will get home around 1:30 AM, and have to be up for flight back to Texas at 5 AM. Gonna be a long night, but totally worth it. Can't believe the day is finally here, nor can I believe that this was almost three years ago...

http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2259920
DB Coach
AG
quote:
Is it bad that I feel sorry for those of you currently doing the marathon? I don't care if it was my seven favorite movies of all time, sitting in a theater for that long sounds like absolute torture. Really hoping you guys aren't burnt out come tonight. That said, I imagine it could be kind of cool to see the story all the way through like that, especially with TFA as the reward at the end. If anything, I'm enjoying the updates, so keep 'em coming.

As for me, I'm seeing it at 10:30 PM PST tonight, will get home around 1:30 AM, and have to be up for flight back to Texas at 5 AM. Gonna be a long night, but totally worth it. Can't believe the day is finally here, nor can I believe that this was almost three years ago...

I have only occasionally posted, but I've been here reading ever since Day 1 of the thread. It has been an absolute joy the entire time! And I do feel the same about the marathon guys...I seriously would be miserable for that amount of time in a theater. I've been re-watching all the episodes with my 10 year old son over the last 3 weeks, and 9pm can't get here soon enough!
SapperAg
AG
quote:

The day is here!

Weird, I almost chose to do the same thing. Timing didn't work to go to the city today. You live in NYC?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Best part of that thread - the rumor that Ryan Gosling and Zach Efron were in the movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Best part of that thread - the rumor that Ryan Gosling and Zach Efron were in the movie.
They're not?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Long Island
The Collective
AG
quote:
Plan is to hop on the train to Penn Station, and walk to the AMC Lincoln Square from there.

I will award you 10 internets if shortly into your train ride, you look at a passenger and exclaim, "now this is pod racing". Then yell "Yippee" as you exit the train.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
My willpower is weak. I was going to wait until next week when my kids are out of school to go to avoid some crowds. But I broke down and bought ticket for tomorrow. Only reserved seats were for the 3D version and I hate 3D, but i'll get over it.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
My willpower is weak. I was going to wait until next week when my kids are out of school to go to avoid some crowds. But I broke down and bought ticket for tomorrow. Only reserved seats were for the 3D version and I hate 3D, but i'll get over it.
We all make sacrifices for the greater good.

Welcome, friend.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Think I'm going to have my own marathon today and list my favorite 100 things about each of the movies as I did for ROTJ about 800 pages ago when somebody was bashing it
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

I'd much rather put watch them on my couch at home before heading to the theater...
The Collective
AG
The few times I've been to 3 hour movies in the theater, I feel like absolute crap after the movie is done. I can't imagine getting through a marathon, even with intermissions and breaks.
SF2004
AG
How does one find a theater that does reserve seating?

I really don't have to have to stand around in line.
MandoArms
quote:

I found my tickets on Fandango.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

Fandango Reserved Seating Theaters

I used the Google.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:

I found my tickets on Fandango.
Ditto
SapperAg
AG
quote:
Long Island

Ah. Jersey for me.
First Page Last Page
Page 328 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.