Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,901 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
TajMaballer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No one predicting Oscar for anything!?!?

But really appreciate it TC! Lot of fun reactions!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
On the 2nd day till Sithmas, my true love sent to me
Eleven younglings dying,
Ten Sith Lords leaping,
Nine Ewoks dancing,
Eight handmaidens milking,
Seven Gungans swimming,
Six buns a Leia,
FIVE GOLD(en) LEADERS,
Four falling Mauls,
Three Nerf herders,
Two Rancor-dragons
and a Poe Dameron in a Force tree.
wangus12
AG
quote:
No one predicting Oscar for anything!?!?

But really appreciate it TC! Lot of fun reactions!
I feel like at least John Williams will get one
The Collective
AG
In response to a tweet about Bob Iger recognizing George Lucas before the movie:

jabberwalkie09
AG
So a few things that I have realized having reread some of the tweets TCTTS posted.
-Sounds like we hit the ground running, and don't really slow down.
-Emotions will run high. (Tears maybe?)
-The new generation of heroes are a winning combination.
-Already better than the Prequel Trilogy.

Yep, I'm ready for some Star Wars in my life.
The Collective
AG
SW hit the ground running; I think people kind of forget that once upon a time they didn't know the background story. Also, the prequels probably spent too much time in the weeds.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'd agree with that.
COOL LASER FALCON
Yep. Rewatching Star Wars, it's pretty awesome how much stuff happens in that movie and how even the pacing is.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn it, I told myself I'd limit how many reviews I'd look at, but now I'm counting the hours until the embargo lifts.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Damn it, I told myself I'd limit how many reviews I'd look at, but now I'm counting the hours until the embargo lifts.
Resist my friend.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
In response to a tweet about Bob Iger recognizing George Lucas before the movie:

With the great anticipation and joy people are feeling about this new Star Wars movie, can we PLEASE lay off the Lucas bashing for just a few days?

It's getting old.
SapperAg
AG
Not as old as the prequels are terrible.
The Collective
AG
quote:
With the great anticipation and joy people are feeling about this new Star Wars movie, can we PLEASE lay off the Lucas bashing for just a few days?

It's getting old.

I felt like the tweet was mocking those people.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Gooood. Goooooooooooood.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
quote:
These aren't the reviews you are looking for [/waves hand]

Move along now
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

Gooood. Goooooooooooood.
jr15aggie
AG
Sounds like the movie is begging for people to watch it more than once... just to take it all in and process it all. I sorta figured this might be the case.

I say stay strong Brian... I don't plan on reading a single review! Keep in mind, even if a reviewer doesn't give a single plot detail, he will no doubt go into his pros/cons list. As soon as you read something like, for example, "in the middle of the movie there is a new character introduced and it really slows down the movie and the scene is really out of place".... as soon as you read that your brain is now conflicted when that scene happens in the movie. I think you would much rather go in with a blank slate and have no opinions about anything.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I must say it's a nice time of year to not be on social media (or have a smartphone, BES) because I feel no anxiety about any review spoilerage.

In the meantime, I've convinced my wife, over the course of 2 hours, to let me take my 3-year-old superfan to see TFA next week during her Christmas vacation. She ran into an old friend (literally at first) yesterday at Best Buy.

jr15aggie
AG
quote:
How long is this thread going to stay spoiler free? I'm not going to get to see TFA until after Christmas so that I can watch it with my dad and little brother, so I'd like to check out this thread for as long as possible but don't want to ruin it for myself.

OFFICIAL SPOILER RULES: This was established in the spoiler thread as well, but since some are still asking I thought I'd post again. It was agreed that this thread would stay spoiler free through December 31. Anybody that has seen the movie (or reads spoilers ahead of time) will start using the spoiler thread from now until the end of the year.

If you have seen the movie and want to post non spoiler stuff in this thread during that time, please use extreme caution on what you post. Even giving a non specific mini review of the movie will be considered a spoiler by some. There should be plenty of discussion in the other thread to leave this one alone for those that are waiting a few days.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Billy Dee: "You old pirate, great to see you! Hey I heard on the radio they were going to make some more of the Star Wars movies, any idea when that's going to get going? I can't wait to put on the cape and be Lando again!"
Harrison: "Hey look over there, it's Lobot!" (runs away)
jabberwalkie09
AG
Billy Dee seemed pretty happy to voice Lando in Rebels based on the interviews he gave IIRC. Just I remember the interview he did at the Anaheim Celebration and I don't know if he would be as good as he was in the OT as Lando.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pictures and videos of people's theater experience are most welcome, though.
80s Guy
Was going to wait until next weekend to see it but couldn't wait any longer. Tickets purchased for Sunday afternoon showing. Will be suprising the kids with it after church Sunday.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Yeah... I'm thinking I will take a video of the movie intro at my 7:00 showing (if I can manage w/out my cell phone being a big distraction to others). Will be worth adding to my youtube channel.
Knife_Party
****. Won't be seeing this until Sunday. Way underestimated my ability to delay gratification.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah... I'm thinking I will take a video of the movie intro at my 7:00 showing (if I can manage w/out my cell phone being a big distraction to others). Will be worth adding to my youtube channel.
That would be awesome.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:
if you're sitting in front of me, prepare for me to throw your phone at the nearest exit sign.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Billy Dee seemed pretty happy to voice Lando in Rebels based on the interviews he gave IIRC. Just I remember the interview he did at the Anaheim Celebration and I don't know if he would be as good as he was in the OT as Lando.
They just need to come up with a way that Lando bought it. We are talking about 30+ years of conflict following ROTJ. There is no way damn way 100% of the characters survived it all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
At the very least, he can keep the phone in his pocket and just record audio.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://imgur.com/gallery/BGzp0/
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

That ovation for Lucas tho.
First Page Last Page
Page 316 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.