Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,145 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And finally, a new Disney XD behind the scenes look, with a bit of new footage as well. But be warned... I'm 99% sure the final two in-movie shots in this look are from the second-to-last scene of film (with Leia and Rey, both in outfits we have seen yet). It confirms a scene that's been rumored for months, and I kind of can't believe they're (quickly) showing it here...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
New footage at the end of this international spot...

TCTTS
AG
http://io9.com/heres-how-the-force-awakens-resistance-differs-from-the-1746645496
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
http://io9.com/heres-how-the-force-awakens-resistance-differs-from-the-1746645496
Wow. Interesting and unexpected.
wangus12
AG
Yeah, that is pretty much absolute confirmation in my book.
Cromagnum
AG
They are promoting the hell out of this in all forms of ads. Im going to crack up if this one tanks like the prequels.
Donald Glover
AG
Good thats what i like to see
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
They are promoting the hell out of this in all forms of ads. Im going to crack up if this one tanks like the prequels.
I hope you mean critically because the prequels hardly "tanked" at the box office.
Bruce Almighty
AG
And they didn't tank critically either
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All those videos are pretty fantastic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
And they didn't tank critically either
True, but I doubt they wanna hear about that.
OnlyForNow
AG
Interesting scene with Rey putting on Luke's piloting helment from the X-wing...
The Collective
AG
I have to think if you are the type that is overly worried about spoilers and reading this thread 10 days out from the movie, you have a suicide wish.
AgMarauder04
AG
That REALLY makes it look like that's a mother-daughter look.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I have to think if you are the type that is overly worried about spoilers and reading this thread 10 days out from the movie, you have a suicide wish.
This thread has stayed pretty safe for the most part. I believe there's a couple of people who know quite a bit more than the rest of us (looking at you TCTTS), but the heavy stuff has stayed off this thread.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Or maybe an aunt?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Since we're on the subject, and I think this goes without saying, once the movie premieres on the 14th and reviews start coming out, please keep any specific details (and spoilers, if they happen to leak somehow) OFF this thread until the night of the 17th. After ~9 pm that night, it's every man for himself.

Vague reviews/comments should be ok.
Bruce Almighty
AG
There should probably be a second thread for thoughts on the movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty good interview with JJ if you've got 30 minutes to spare.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
There should probably be a second thread for thoughts on the movie.
Agreed. Mostly meant those few days between the premiere and opening night.
wangus12
AG
Apparently the Star Trek Beyond Trailer will be showing before the TFA!
Aggie_3
There is a chance that my 2 tickets for the 7 pm 3d IMAX showing on December 18th at the Santikos Palladium in San Antonio may be for sale. Would any of yall still need tickets in the San Antonio area? The wife and I Have moved to New Braunfels and it will be very hard to make this show time.
mazag08
AG
Interesting comment from that article.. which makes a lot of sense..

quote:
From what I can tell, the Republic exists, but it's demilitarized and most of its resources are devoted to rebuilding the local systems. The First Order is on the fringes of the galaxy, where it doesn't pose an immediate threat to the Republic. The Resistance is a local faction opposed to the FO, run covertly by Leia and other veterans, with or without the support of the Republic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's not a very long drive.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

That is awesome.
Aggie_3
quote:
That's not a very long drive.
well she gets off at 5:30 and works in San Marcos and I get off at 5:30 and work in Bulverde by the time we are home it would be 6:30 before we leave. where we used to live it wasn't an issue.
TCTTS
AG
I'll post a spoiler review thread this Sunday, just to be safe. Rumor is there might be a couple of secretive-ish screenings that night, but I doubt it. Either way, starting next week, any spoilery reviews / impressions / in depth plot discussion should be kept to that thread, at least until after the holidays, when everyone has had a chance to see it. At that point, I'd imagine it'll be safe to fold all discussion back into this thread, leading up to Episode VIII.
TCTTS
AG
The current trailer release landscape for the next couple of weeks. Some HUGE trailers obviously dropping w/ TFA...

AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
The current trailer release landscape for the next couple of weeks. Some HUGE trailers obviously dropping w/ TFA...

jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

Or maybe an aunt?
LOL... seriously... it could all mean anything at this point. The only thing I need to avoid is a concrete "I've seen the movie, this happens" spoiler. Outside of that, it's all just speculation in my mind.

I've already played out several scenarios about Rey... Han/Leia's Kid, Lukes Daughter, Kylo's Sister / Cousin. Any combination is possible. The only thing I've ruled out is her not being related at all... she's got Skywalker blood from somewhere I'm convinced.
amercer
AG
quote:
I'll post a spoiler review thread this Sunday, just to be safe. Rumor is there might be a couple of secretive-ish screenings that night, but I doubt it. Either way, starting next week, any spoilery reviews / impressions / in depth plot discussion should be kept to that thread, at least until after the holidays, when everyone has had a chance to see it. At that point, I'd imagine it'll be safe to fold all discussion back into this thread, leading up to Episode VIII.

Thanks to scheduling and other general 8 year old problems, I'm seeing it with my kid on the 23rd. So I'll be checking out of this thread by this weekend and returning on Christmas Eve...
TCTTS
AG
This thread should still be a safe place for those who want to read impressions, but don't want spoilers.
TCTTS
AG
I'm honestly shocked we've made it this long without knowing for sure, and I love that. She and/or Kylo are definitely going to be related to one of the original three in some way, and I still can't believe that not a single person outside of the filmmakers - at least publicly - knows how. Literally every scene of each of the three prequels was known in advance, along with the opening crawls. This go around, for as much as we think we know, we really don't know sh*t.
Aggie_3
quote:
This thread should still be a safe place for those who want to read impressions, but don't want spoilers.
A safe space is very important these days.
First Page Last Page
Page 290 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.