Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,754 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I want to know nothing about the plot.

Yeah, then you probably shouldn't posting in a thread dedicated specifically to talking about the plot.
Rudyjax
AG
No. Very little is,about the plot and you know it. If people were courteous, we could read about other items and still enjoy the thread.
PatriotAg02
AG
If you don't want to know, don't click the thread homie
jeffk
AG
Don't try to argue with UK.
TCTTS
AG
I'm in the same boat about not wanting to know much. Once details really start to drop, I'm out. I just didn't think offhandedly speculating about a character's potential death was that big of a deal, especially when it comes to one of the older, original three. No one really has any idea, obviously. And it's not like there aren't already dozens of posts in this thread and the last one speculating about Luke's death too. I'd honestly be surprised if more than one of the big three lasted 'til the next movie, and that seems to the general consensus ever since we started discussing this movie over a year ago. I'm sorry but discussing whether or not any one of the three 60/70-year-old characters might die isn't even remotely a spoiler.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 5/1/2014 12:08p).]
jeffk
AG
I tried to warn you.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, didn't see your post 'til I had already typed mine. Oh, well...
TCTTS
AG
Wow...

http://www.slashfilm.com/original-star-wars-casting-announcements/

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 5/1/2014 12:26p).]
TCTTS
AG
Had no idea it was originally scheduled for a Christmas release.
AliasMan02
AG
Comedy-adventure
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Han: I love you.

Leia: I know.

Super cliched and maybe even expected, but the audience would absolutely lose their minds.

Been done. ROTJ.
TCTTS
AG
^ I absolutely did not remember that.
Simplebay
AG
yep, outside the shield generator bunker.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
right around when "accidentally" grabs her boob when she gets shot.
double aught
double aught
AG
Shortly after "You rebel scum!"
Let me use a little phrase from the football board circa 2010: And so it begins...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/04/30/star_wars_episode_7_cast_list_where_are_the_women.html
Red Five
AG
quote:
Are we seriously still pretending that the universe is comprised almost entirely of men (and mostly white men at that)?
Why would anyone ask this? It's blatantly obvious to anyone who has watched any of the movies that the Star Wars universe is made up of an enormous variety of people, including white males and other, inferior non-whites and non-males.
YellowPot_97
AG
I can't not stand people that go looking for something to be offended by. there are 5 new people in that picture, 1 is probably going to be a cgi alien, and there is still a prominent female role being auditioned for. so that's means there's going to be a 2 to 3 female to male ratio. what is this idiot complaining about???? stupid attention *****.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
jr15aggie
AG
Pretty sure most speculation is that either of the two young ones (black male or white female) will be the lead character outside of the original 3. I think if anything, the media has gone out of its way to prove it's not sexist or racist in recent years!
zgood10
AG
quote:
It's blatantly obvious to anyone who has watched any of the movies that the Star Wars universe is made up of an enormous variety of people, including white males and other, inferior non-whites and non-males

It's also made up of Wookies, Gungans, Ewoks, and many other non-human entities. Why does it matter what the make-up of one race is?

[This message has been edited by zgood10 (edited 5/1/2014 3:36p).]
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:

YouBet
AG
Things I wonder:

- will there will be a scene that has Han shooting first?
- will R2 have his enhanced abilities from the prequels or will he be the R2 from originals?
- will Ewoks and Gungans pollute this trilogy?
- will we return to the Mos Eisley Cantina only to find it has been taken over by a bunch of GD Tatooine hipsters?
- (obligatory) who will play Anakin Force Ghost?
- will Admiral Ackbar make an appearance?
- will we find out Boba Fett didn't actually die in the pit and got out?
TCTTS
AG
What's even more infuriating is that this isn't the whole cast. As posted earlier, there's still another female role yet to be cast.
Ag Since 83
AG
I would like to apologize for the stupidity of some of my gender.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
What's even more infuriating is that this isn't the whole cast. As posted earlier, there's still another female role yet to be cast.

A big JJ secret surprise thing, you think?
gravy97
AG
I guess it appears that even back in the 70's, people had trouble securing the 'the'
TCTTS
AG
quote:
A big JJ secret surprise thing, you think?

I don't know if it's really meant to be a surprise. I just don't think the deal's done yet, and it may not be a huge role.

I saw this exchange on Twitter yesterday, interjected, but never heard back. I may have been way off base, but Duffield's weird phrasing led me to believe it could be Zooey Deschanel. I'm sure we'll find out in the next couple of weeks...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 5/1/2014 5:17p).]
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I guess it appears that even back in the 70's, people had trouble securing the 'the'
YouBet
AG
What the hell is a "telepix"? I have never heard that term ever.

We used to go to the "picture show" but I've never seen a telepix.
Ag Since 83
AG
Mara Jade? *holds on to ridiculous hope that my favorite Star Wars stories will show up in some way, shape, or form*
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My geek wish list

1)Luke Skywalker, Jedi Grand Master, owning people left and right in a fight.

2) The Millenium Falcon - either in the exact same crappy condition or else super modified to be a flying fortress.

3) Chewbacca ripping someone's arms out of their sockets. How this didn't happen to a droid in Revenge of the Sith I'll never know.

4) Admiral Ackbar

5) Force Ghost Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan and Yoda as Yoda, and mega bonus points if McGregor is made up to look like Alec Guiness and triple mega bonus points if it's clear that he and Luke have been talking on and off for the last 40 years.

6) No mention of midichlorians, Gungans, Ewoks or anyone breaking the ice by saying "I don't like sand" or using "wizard" as an exclamation.

7) Han Solo as a smuggler king; not the whipped husband-in-chief he became in the later EU.

8) Leia being a Jedi as well, or a hybrid of that and a diplomat.

redline248
AG
One thing is for sure, this woman will be in the movie

Dr. Horrible
I'm hoping for an Ewok v. Gungan battle! *crosses fingers*
First Page Last Page
Page 24 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.