Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,933 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holy sh**!!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Holy hell, Rey's story seems to almost mirror Luke's in a way when she is watching the ship take off in the distance.
Silvertaps
AG
I've really tried to avoid knowing what the story/plot is.. They've done a great job in not giving away any story in the trailers so far.
wangus12
AG
quote:
"There were stories about what happened."

"It's true. All of it."

"The dark side. The Jedi. They're real."

This makes me think Luke really wrecked **** at the Battle of Jakku and then went into self-exile. Thus the stories about the battle
agracer
AG
i got all the way to the pick my seats page and fandango crashed......
jabberwalkie09
AG
It seems that TFA is rarity this year. Most of the other films this year have given away the plot, hell the whole damn movie, by the third trailer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
and got one of my wishes - Han and Leia in a shot together.

After something bad happened...
LeonardSkinner
So, Han... the Force, Jedi, Dark Side. All real, huh? I thought it was just a hokey religion...
Farmer1906
AG
The only thing I wish I didn't know was that Kylo & Funn duel. Until I saw it (a few weeks back), I didn't know what to expect with any character. Now I expect Finn to be a Jedi.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
I thought it was just a hokey religion...
Well, it's not as good as having a good blaster by your side....
Simplebay
AG
Kylo's helmet was off there... Makes me think that's the big climatic fight. Before I thought it was gonna be him wiping the floor with Finn
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The only thing I wish I didn't know was that Kylo & Funn duel. Until I saw it (a few weeks back), I didn't know what to expect with any character. Now I expect Finn to be a Jedi.
That was given away on the Star Wars instagram account. I am happy that this trailer hit pretty much everything that I wanted it to, and then some.
wangus12
AG
Girlfriend saw trailer. And said we better finish watching the movies because she is totally in
wangus12
AG
I'm actually more pumped for the xwing v tie battles. Looked amazing
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Kylo's helmet was off there... Makes me think that's the big climatic fight. Before I thought it was gonna be him wiping the floor with Finn
Finn looks like he just picked up the weapon because it was there. If you look at his reaction when Kylo first lunges, it's a definite "OH SH11T!"
TCTTS
AG
How cool is it that Han is the one trying to convince people that it was all real? Such a cool juxtaposition from the first movie. Love it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seriously, that music. John Williams, you magnificent *******.
jr15aggie
AG
After a slow mo watch on the dvr... That snow planet dog fight scene... There is totally a death Star type trench in that shot! Super weapon and exposed shafts 2 meters wide are confirmed!
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
That was given away on the Star Wars instagram account. I am happy that this trailer hit pretty much everything that I wanted it to, and then some.
Oh I know. That's why I said a few weeks back. Maybe it was months.

Agree 100%. Awesome trailer. Kylo's gang looks pretty legit.
Duncan Idaho
This makes me hate the prequels even more. And I didn't think that was possible
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
How cool is it that Han is the one trying to convince people that it was all real? Such a cool juxtaposition from the first movie. Love it.
I was just about to post the same thing actually. I think it is interesting in that the skeptic becomes the one to tell them that the stories that are thought of as legend are in fact true.
amercer
AG
Yeah!
Ag Since 83
AG
BTW, how about those lens flares in the first Kylo scene?
MSFC Aggie
AG
quote:
This makes me hate the prequels even more. And I didn't think that was possible

Episode 1 trailer had me saying hell yes....just saying
scubasteve304
AG
Got all the way to picking seats and then timed out. Still trying to get thru the Santikos site for Palladium IMAX in SA. What's the opposite of clutch. Santikos' server is that tonight.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I really am intrigued by the shot of Han leading Finn and Rey into the place with the odd looking flags and the cool robot walking by.
AliasMan02
AG
I thought Finn looked shocked at who Ren was.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm more interested in Kylo doing the Goauld of SG1 torture on Poe. It's a bit of a "You will tell me what I want to know" kind of a scene.
amercer
AG
quote:
I thought Finn looked shocked at who Ren was.

I thought he looked like he was about to take a beating. Maybe until a real Jedi steps in.....

(I know no spoilers and will do my best to avoid them, but damn if I don't want to see Luke unleash the force again)
TajMaballer
AG
This ticket situation is insane! How much in presales is this suppose to make?

I understand the hype was huge in 1999, but was it this level? Give some insight to a kid who was 8 at the time if you guys don't mind
Chipotlemonger
AG
Is this a No Spoilers thread?

I was about to back off this thread again now that I've got to discuss the trailer reaction a bit. Is my move warranted or are there really no spoilers?
toucan82
no ewoks?

no thanks
Ag Since 83
AG
Prediction/guess: The person Rey says "let it in" to is Luke, not Finn
amercer
AG
quote:
Is this a No Spoilers thread?

I was about to back off this thread again now that I've got to discuss the trailer reaction a bit. Is my move warranted or are there really no spoilers?

I think it's a mostly no spoilers thread. I've got no problem with speculation, but I feel like there are real plot details that are floating around the internets.
First Page Last Page
Page 214 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.