Star Wars Discussion Thread

9,293,312 Views | 49236 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by CharleyKerfeld
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Shame John Williams probably isn't well enough to make it to the opening.


Weird convergence... John Williams and William Daniels (George Feeny, KITT) are both going to pass in the near future, and I'm going to be in mourning for a long time.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wait, Feeny was the voice of KITT?

I'll be.
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For sure... crazy thing that I learned just last week - Daniels is now 99 and has the longest active Hollywood marriage at 75 years. He is married to Bonnie Bartlett (St Elsewhere, "the Dean" on Boy Meets World, Little House on the Prairie).

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
dave94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Collective said:

For sure... crazy thing that I learned just last week - Daniels is now 99 and has the longest active Hollywood marriage at 75 years. He is married to Bonnie Bartlett (St Elsewhere, "the Dean" on Boy Meets World, Little House on the Prairie).

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Um...




Edit: My bad, I assumed you were talking about Anthony Daniels since this is the Star Wars thread and got very confused lol
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of my favorite roles of his was as Judge Harold Bedford in Blind Date. So, so good.

"You all right, Agnes?"
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is both incredible and terrifying….

I'm envisioning a world now where everyone is walking around with these things even more constantly plugged in than we are now….

Unc does not like….
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jokershady said:

This is both incredible and terrifying….

I'm envisioning a world now where everyone is walking around with these things even more constantly plugged in than we are now….

Unc does not like….

Just wait til the AI wearables get traction (glasses or something of the sort)
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jokershady said:

This is both incredible and terrifying….

I'm envisioning a world now where everyone is walking around with these things even more constantly plugged in than we are now….

Unc does not like….

Looks awful. And I wouldn't trust any device that Zuckerberg had a hand in. This looks like the product of every terrifying sci-fi, futuristic mind control movie ever made.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Theaters are groaning at this. Why even go?

I don't doubt this might be cool at home, but we are becoming The Matrix. I would never wear any of this crap in public because it's creepy.

Having said that, I am intrigued by the Meta glasses they are advertising for the blind because my mom has macular degeneration and it could possibly be a good use case for her.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Virtual Reality! The next big thing for the last 40 years!
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I refused to go to see 3D movies after a couple of attempts during that crap trend. Thankfully, that died because everyone else agreed with me.

However, this leap frogs that IMO. Why even go to the theater if you get that kind of display right in front of you? It looks like in the commercial they are suggesting some kind of hybrid viewing experience at the theater with these? Still don't see the point.
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did we learn nothing from the plot of Batman Forever? Other than the fact that Nicole Kidman is infinitely hotter with her hair straight?




jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chicks love the car
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And nipples on a rubber suit
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
GreasenUSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

I refused to go to see 3D movies after a couple of attempts during that crap trend. Thankfully, that died because everyone else agreed with me.

However, this leap frogs that IMO. Why even go to the theater if you get that kind of display right in front of you? It looks like in the commercial they are suggesting some kind of hybrid viewing experience at the theater with these? Still don't see the point.


That's just the ambient image you would see around the main "screen". It allows you to feel like you're in an actual theater. People won't be going to the theater with these on. lol
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GreasenUSA said:

YouBet said:

I refused to go to see 3D movies after a couple of attempts during that crap trend. Thankfully, that died because everyone else agreed with me.

However, this leap frogs that IMO. Why even go to the theater if you get that kind of display right in front of you? It looks like in the commercial they are suggesting some kind of hybrid viewing experience at the theater with these? Still don't see the point.


That's just the ambient image you would see around the main "screen". It allows you to feel like you're in an actual theater. People won't be going to the theater with these on. lol

Ah, well. I misinterpreted commercial then.

TBF, we put those stupid damn 3D goggles on for a bit. These at least look better than those.
BenTheGoodAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Annie got that dawg in him!
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Padme dancing should be the sole use of Gen AI moving forward.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's done so well enough you could easily sit next to someone listening to that and think it's a real song without paying too close attention to the lyrics…
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jon Watts, the director of...

- Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
- Spider-Man: No Way Home
- Star Wars: Skeleton Crew

... is now set to direct Star Wars: Episode X, the first installment of the Simon Kinberg pinned-and-produced trilogy. No release date has been announced, but I imagine this will now be a 2028 or (most likely) 2029 release. Disney already has blockbusters set for May 2028 (the Untitled X-Men Project and Lilo & Stitch 2) and December 2028 (Black Panther III) - the only two months a live-action Star Wars movie has ever released - but they currently have May 25, 2029 reserved for an "Untitled Walt Disney Studios Project," and I'd bet just about anything that will be this. Unless, of course, they release it during a non-traditional month in 2028...

maroon man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Thanks for posting this; I'm ready for some new Star Wars.
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't have much faith that Simon Kinberg can write and produce a good Star Wars movie. A look through his filmography will show you a lot of slop. He's been involved in some really good ones as a producer but none of those were his own stories.

In my opinion it's just as likely that this movie is more slop that kills off whatever good feelings about the franchise that Starfighter restores than it is that this will be good film.

CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Until they're actually filming the movie, there is zero reason to think there is going to be an Episode 10.
First Page Refresh
Page 1407 of 1407 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.